#1 Zimmy

Zimmy

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 January 2016 - 06:57 PM

Hello,

I have started using Win8.1PE SE with the NVDA screen reader and everything works fine, except for the fact that I cannot run Windows setup from the PE.  When ever I run setup I receive the following error.

Windows encountered an internal error while initializing COM.

I have also tried with Win10PE SE, but in that case I receive a different error.

setup.exe - Application Error The exception unknown software exception (0xe0000100) occurred in the application at location 0x00007FFC215B1F08.

The error is the same with both Windows 7 and Windows 10 installation sources.  I am assuming that in both cases, it is a matter of missing dependencies, but I have no idea which ones and I'm not sure if I understand enough of the WinBuilder scripting language to import the necessary files anyway.  Although I am willing to try as long as I have an idea where to begin.  I honestly don't care if it is Win8.1PE SE or Win10PE SE.  I simply need a PE which is capable of booting in both UEFI and legacy BIOS modes and based on the older more accessible version of WinBuilder.

I would appreciate any assistance with this issue since one of the more useful purposes of a PE with a screen reader is being able to install/reinstall Windows with speech.

Thanks and regards.

#2 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 27 January 2016 - 07:59 PM

You can run WinNTSetup from almost any PE and install from XP up to Win10: http://www.msfn.org/...inntsetup-v386/

You need to download it and run it at least once in your PC in order to let it download required files, then just add it to your USB or CD/DVD (it is portable) and run the version according your PE architecture (x86 or x64). Of curse you need also your install ISO that can be on same or other USB or DVD.

About a PE builder, for building a PE bootable in Bios, UEFI, X86 or x64, I suggest MistyPE good to build any PE: http://reboot.pro/fi...le/357-mistype/

alacran

#3 Zimmy

Zimmy

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:11 PM

I am aware of this script,although I am not familiar with it's usage.  However, while I could probably figure out it's usage for myself, this build is intended for other potentially less advanced blind users.  Also, while again I don't know how this script works, it is sometimes more convenient to run Windows setup manually.  Does the script allow you to make all the usual choices you would make if you were running setup manually?

#4 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:23 PM

Only thing WinNTSetup does not do for you is Partitioning and formating the HDD but you can do it using diskpart (command line) or BootIce (Portable, GUI) first, then use WinNTSetup to deploy the selected image in the *.wim or *.esd (when not encripted) to the disired location and apply the boot files (for Bios, UEFI or both) to the desired location too.

It is also able to build a VHD and deploy the system to it, add extra drivers, use unattended.xml file and OEM folder and make a Wimboot (only Win8.1u1) or Compact install of Windows 7, 8.x or 10, (with more compact options than Windows install), in few words it works better and with more options than usuall installs.

About MistyPE, my mistake, it is not made for blind people sorry, but you may ask the developer for a pluginn for the NVDA screen reader, he is a very nice and frienly guy, this is MistyPE thread: http://reboot.pro/topic/18917-mistype/

Best Regards

alacran

#5 Zimmy

Zimmy

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:32 PM

Unfortunately, while that sounds flexible, it is probably too complicated for many of the blind users for which this build is intended.

Win8.1PE SE and Win10PE SE are not specifically intended for the blind either, but they have good audio support and use a structure with which I am familiar so I can easily add a script for the NVDA screen reader and other applications.

#6 Zimmy

Zimmy

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 January 2016 - 03:53 AM

About a year ago I remember we had this problem in Win7PE SE with 64 bit installation sources while the NVDA screen reader was running and it gave the same error as Win8.1PE SE. I believe it may have been related to UI Automation. The problem seems to have been resolved in Win7PE SE. So the question is what do I need to change in

2-Config.script

to resolve this problem in Win8.1PE SE?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users