#76 Christian

Christian

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:59 PM

Hello Pokemon

Well as I currently not using Vista :poke: I’m not 100% sure if method described below works, but sure worth a try. Method is based on to “kick start” Vista using a “grub floppy image” (same can be done to start winxp or win98 or Winme using different parameters that responding to different op-systems). The only problem is to find the right parameters. Anyway test this:

Download versatile-floppy-image.script from here

You are going to use section “Create new Grub-Floppy Image” - to the right you inject this lines (parameters):

timeout 0

find --set-root /bootmgrv
chainloader /bootmgrv

Create your new floppy image and use this command in AeroStudio:

bcdw (cd)/images/loadvista.img (you may use a different name to floppy image if you wish).

Note that I use a subdirectory (images) for my floppy images. Take a look how I use AeroStudio here
I’m pretty sure it will work if we use the right parameters. Problem is - as I pointed out - more related to set the right “grub-loader-lines” :poke:

Another example: I use this lines in menu.lst inside a floppy image to start puppy linux from USB device:

timeout 0

root (hd0,0)
kernel /puppy/vmlinuz root=/dev/rd/0 pmedia=usbflash
initrd /puppy/initrd.gz

I use this command in AeroStudio to start this floppy image: run (cd)/images/puppy.img.gz
Note: I use “run” instead of “bcdw” as I use a compressed image

Basically what I do is to use a floppy image witch inside have a grub loader with its menu.lst. It is this grub loader and menu.lst that is doing the “hard work” :poke: to “kick start” whatever we like to start.

yggdrasil

The two links you posted are broken. any chance you have updated links? I would love to convert all my Grub4dos scripts in a nice GUI

#77 paulika

paulika
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:10 AM

I have just seen this post

DOES ISOEMU REALLY EXIST?

I have been looking for some kind of way to put multiple ISOs on a CD and make a boot menu that would boot each one for ages. I had no idea this existed.

But I have a question: where do I get it?
I have googled for it and all I came up with were chinese pages

Hi there prietene...
I've been trying to find a software to create a multi boot DVD by using ISO files and not extracting their content to a folder.
I've tried EasyBoot, they say the updated version supports BCDW which is supposed to use ISO images (from my understanding a sort of mounting it in a pre OS environment) but no success
Then I came across Aero Studio, which is very nice given that it uses a graphical interface, and it is said it's also more powerful then EasyBoot as it has ISO emulators in it but yet no help on how to correctly use this software.
I've asked around and been told that using ISO files in a pre OS environment is impossible despite everything stated in the AeroStudio's description.
I've found and attached the IsoEmu but I haven't tried it yet. I wonder if it does what its name says.
Or maybe I just misunderstood? :)
If you have any help tips about how to create a multiboot dvd with Aero Studio using ISO files I would love to know.

Bafta....

Attached Files

#78 ireneuszp

ireneuszp

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 191 posts
  •  
    Poland

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:58 AM

on USB fat32 from Grub4Dos it works
title ISOEmu...\n Launching ISOEmu...

find --set-root --ignore-floppies /ieldr

chainloader /ieldr

:)

#79 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:11 AM

Hey peeps :),
you might want to know that the functionalities of isoemu have been "imported" and MUCH "bettered" inside grub4dos, which Aerostudio uses normally.

Isoemu was a a "beta" that only could use FAT32 and had many more limits than grub4dos.

@paulika
Start reading here:
http://www.boot-land...?...ic=5275&hl=

jaclaz

#80 John SmithyCare

John SmithyCare
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:58 PM

Download versatile-floppy-image.script from here

Note that I use a subdirectory (images) for my floppy images. Take a look how I use AeroStudio here

yggdrasil

Those link not working. I get "404 Not Found". Hope to solve.

#81 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:11 PM

Those link not working. I get "404 Not Found". Hope to solve.

Yep.

It's among the "lost and NOT Found" :D:
http://www.boot-land...hp?showforum=78

jaclaz

#82 Da Killah

Da Killah
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:08 PM

hello there. I'm new to the whole (multi)boot scene so to speak. Today I took one of my USB sticks and installed grub4dos as MBR and did some testing. I can boot a winpe2 iso I build from WAIK on my vista machine. Then I tried extracting the files and try booting the bootmgr. Worked also ;)

Now I really wanted to boot like a windows vista or 7 dvd iso but from what I've read it isn't possible due to protected-mode. Bad luck I guess.

Since this all was working but grub4dos is text-based I wanted something graphical. So on with the searching again and then I came across Aero Studio. Tried to build the sample menu into an iso and boot it with qemu and virtual-pc from ms. works great.

Now for my question ;)
How can I replace grub4dos on my USB stick with Aero Studio?
From what I've read it includes grub4dos so everything I have tested and works so far should work in Aero Studio also I guess. There is an option in Aero Studio to install to MBR but it says it is not supported yet.

I searched and searched and the only thing I came across was booting an Aero Studio as an iso with grub4dos. But what I want is to boot from my USB stick and get AeroStudio. Can anybody help? Thank you in advance...

#83 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:08 PM

Since this all was working but grub4dos is text-based I wanted something graphical.

Not really "text-based".
Not as nice as Aerostudio graphically but grub4dos supports gfxmenu system.

Example screenshots:
http://www.msfn.org/...399-page-5.html

It seems like the only one who managed to understand how to use Aerostudio on a USB device is yggdrasil, who is currently unavailable (and his site is down/lost) :(

And eiher noone saved those pages or cares to re-upload them or missed the request: :unsure:
http://www.boot-land...hp?showforum=78

jaclaz

#84 Da Killah

Da Killah
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 18 September 2009 - 07:56 PM

Hi and thanks for replying. The second screenshot on that page looks nice (with gfxmenu). Maybe I should look into that. I would rather like to use AeroStudio but since there is no real documentation it's hard to understand.

Or maybe someone will pass by who knows ;)
Also with designing the aerostudio menu's. I've managed to create the main menu. But can't find anywhere how to make sub menu's.

#85 djdaniel

djdaniel
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Bolivia

Posted 19 December 2009 - 07:10 PM

I've AeroStudio in English. but I can`t create ISO image, when I press "Deploy" does nothing.
I followed the instructions correctly, but still can not create the ISOs.
and I've seen the videos you have posted.
;) sorry 4 my bad English.

thanks for your answers

#86 proto18ro

proto18ro

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:10 PM

Hello! Please hellp me! I want to know how to insert(call) a submenu in aero and how to save them in iso. Tx a lot!

#87 Lautrec

Lautrec
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:57 PM

Can you tell me, where can I download it?
Thank you.

#88 Joseph Naghdi

Joseph Naghdi
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:28 PM

I have difficulty downloading Aero Studio 2008 or any better version. Can anyone please post a direct download link or guide me in the right direction? relentless Google searches only produced a Turkish version which does not help me at all. Please help.

#89 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:52 PM

I have difficulty downloading Aero Studio 2008 or any better version. Can anyone please post a direct download link or guide me in the right direction? relentless Google searches only produced a Turkish version which does not help me at all. Please help.

Yep, that version is by another member, BlueLife.

Have you tried the Wayback Machine?
http://replay.web.ar...boot-land.net/?
http://replay.web.ar....net/?page_id=4

The file is nowhere to be seen, but you can try the backup here:
http://reboot.pro/2937/page__st__23

BUT do read the post where Bluelife announced his version AFAIK it is English also (the video is Turkish):
http://reboot.pro/8650/

:)
Wonko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users