Multiboot DVD by Aero step by step

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#1 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:1_Making Unattended and Customized XP<br /><br />2_Making different types of Bootable and Multiboot CD/DVD<br /><br />3_Like to learn more about grub and grub4DOS
  •  
    Iran

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:44 PM

=============================================================================
Multiboot DVD by Aero step by step
=============================================================================
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi

We are going to make a Multiboot DVD by Aero studio 2008 together.But befor starting tutor,i would
like to mention some points:

Aero is not the only program that uses graphical interface,but i think it is the best one in using
graphic,but not the best in giving results.May be this is becaus there is no help from programmer.

I requested dear "useronce" abouh writing help and he answered:
--------------------------------------------------------------
i'm so sorry sir. ;-) if i had time, i will add this help. and,
if you have some question about the usage of commands, you can
ask me here..........
I have a lot of questions but Any way i do not think that we can understand all the usages,just by
asking questions.and also i could not get any answer to one of my questions:
I asked question below:

When I use "BCDW" for multibooting "Hiren's CD" and "Ultimate Boot CD",it works very well.
If Aero has BCDW in itself,Why we can not boot examples above by aero?

Any way i like this program , so let's start our project: (Making Multiboot DVD by Aero)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

================================
Step_01.What Do we want to do
================================

We are going to make a multiboot DVD that should do Actions below for us:

1.Setup Windows XP sp2
2.Run WinBuilder LiveXP
3.Run Partition Magic 8
4.Run Windows XP password Hacking
5.Run MaxBlast 4 v10.48
6.Run SeaGate 2004
7.Turn Off the computer
8.Restart Computer
9.Boot from 1st Hard Disk

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
===================
Step_02.Needs
===================
I will talk about needs and how to make them during tutor.

Note:
-------
1.Befor reading tutorial,it is better to download pictures.zip from attachment,
and look at them during tutor.

2.I suppose that you have installed Aero studio 2008 in D:\Program Files\Aeromgr

===========================
Step_03.Making boot menu
===========================

1)_.You can use a picture for background of your boot menu.this picture size can be 640x480 ,
800x600 or 1024x768 pixels.and Supported formats are PNG, GIF, BMP, JPG and TGA.

Make your favorite back ground and put that in D:\Program Files\Aeromgr\Themes\Wallpaper\
directory.(In this example I used pic_01.png , 800x600 pixels,see Pic_01 from attachment).

2)_.Run Aero Studio 2008 ,For using back ground picture ,go to "Format" in menue and select
"settings" ,a window will be shown (see pic_02),in background section give address of
picture you have just made.

3)_.In Resolution section select 800x600 (because your background picture was 800x600 pixels).

4)_.You will see number "25" In "Timeout section" ,this is the time that boot manager will wait
you to select one of the items of boot menue,and if you do not select any item during this time
the boot manager will run the default item (I will talk about default action in other place of
this tutor).
in this example type "30" in "Timeout" section,then click OK.

Now you will have your background in working area of Aero studio (see pic_03)

=======================================
Step_04.Making Buttons in Boot menu
=======================================

In Step_01,i said that our multiboot DVD should Do 9 actions , so at this time we should make
9 buttons over our background , (see pic_04),we do as below:

1)_.Go to "Control" in menue and select "Button".

2)_.Go to some place in work area,press and hold left button of mouse, and draw an rectangle (see
pic_05)

3)_.Repeat step above untill making 9 buttons as pic_04

4)_.Now we should type Titles of buttons , Double click on first button, a window like pic_06 will
be shown.

In "Grub Menu Title" type: Setup Windows XP sp2

In "Shortcut" section type : a
This means that for runing "seting up xp" in this example ,User can click on "seting up xp" button
or can hit "a" from keyboard.(Of course after pressing "a", user should press "enter" too.)

In "Theme" section select an style for your button (for example select "office2007.amt")

In "Caption" type: [a] Setup Windows XP sp2
Note that i have put "[a]" befor "Setup Windows XP sp2"to show to user that he can press "a"
instead of clicking the button.

You can click on "Font",and select font's type,size and color for button.

5)_.Now click apply,then OK.

6)_.Repeat step above for 8 other buttons ,(ofcourse by appropriate shortcuts and names as pic_04).

7)_.Go to "cotrol" in menu and select "progress",then draw progress bar as you drawed buttons
(see pic_04)

8)_.Save the project by the name of "myboot" and close Aero.

============================================
Step_05.Providing Needed Files and folders
============================================
In this step of work we should provide files and folders needed for our Multiboot DVD.
So go to D:\ and make directory "MultiBoot",Then go inside d:\MultiBoot and make another directory
by the name of "images" there .

Make another directory in D:\ by the name of Source, so you will have:

D:\Multiboot
D:\Multiboot\images
D:\Source

Note:
--------
I should mention one note here befor continuing the tutor:

We Can put all files needed for making multiboot DVD inside D:\Multiboot\ ,and at the end of making
process it should work, but in my experiences by Aero,most of the times,when contents of this directory
is large,Aero Image maker does not proceed,does not do any thing and does not even give error message
to know what is problem. After several times encountering by this problem I told that to programmer
in one of my posts an he thinks this is my fault,not program's fault.

Any way lets continue my way as below to make ready needed files:

1_ Copy Contents of your XP CD to D:\Source\

2_ Go through making WinBuilder LiveXP.ISO ,at the end you will have:

WinBuilder directory\Target\LiveXP
WinBuilder directory\ISO\LiveXP>iso

Go to WinBuilder directory\Target\LiveXP directory and rename "i386" directory to "MYXP"

Now copy all contents of LiveXP directory to D:\Source\

3_ Make bootable images for :

Partition Magic 8
XP password Hacking
MaxBlast 4 v10.48
SeaGate 2004

and put them in D:\Multiboot\images\ directory.Note that "Partition Magic 8" and "SeaGate 2004" have
two diskets for boot , so you should convert them to one image.if you do not know how to do this,read
my tutor in link below:

http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=4574

In this example i used files : "MBL4.BIN ,NTPASSWD.IMA , PMAG.BIN and SEGT.BIN". ofcourse you can
use ".IMA" or some other formats instead of ".BIN"

====================================
Step_06.Writing Code for Buttons
====================================

1_ Run Aero studio 2008,open "myboot" that you have saved in step_04.

2.Double click on "Turn Off" button ,a window will be shown (see pic_07) ,click on "T.." button
in this page (see pic_07),another window will be appeierd (see pic_08 ) select powerdown in new
page,then click OK, you will have pic_09 ,click "Apply" then OK.As you see in pic_09,in "command"
section is written: halt ,this is the code for turning off computer in Aero.

3.You do not need to write code for "boot from 1st hdd" button ,because this code is default for
all buttons before writing code for them.

4.For "Restart" button Do as "Turn Off" button,but select "reboot" in pic_08

5.For "setup xp sp2" button select "bcdw" in pic_8,then change command to :

bcdw (cd)/i386/setupldr.bin

6.For "winbulder livexp" button select "bcdw" in pic_8,then change command to :

bcdw (cd)/myxp/setupldr.bin as you see in pic_10

7.In the same manner type commands for other controls (buttons) as below:

For "XP pass hack" ------- bcdw (cd)/images/ntpasswd.ima
For "Partition Magic 8" -- bcdw (cd)/images/pmag.bin
For "SeaGate" ------------ bcdw (cd)/images/segt.bin
For "MaxBlst4" ----------- bcdw (cd)/images/mbl4.bin

8.At the end ,Click on "Save" button.

======================================================
Step_07.Selecting default action for our Boot menue
======================================================
1.Go to "view" in menue and click on "Ctrl ID" , your work space will be some thing like pic_11.

2.Select contol (button) that you want to select as default boot ,right click on number
of that and select "Min ID",it's ID will become "0"

Note:
--------
If you want to change other controls ID number ,you can right click on their numbers and select
ID+1 or ID-1,by each selecting the ID number of that control will be added/or subtracted one
number.for example if you right click on number 3 and select ID-1,it's number will change to
3-1=2
In our example
i sat them as pic_11

click on save icon.

=========================================
Step_08.Creating Project PreNeeded files

1.Click on "generate" in menue (see pic_12),a window like pic_13 will be appeared.

2.In new page :

Type a name for menu
Type description for your project
Select a cursor For your mouse

I did as pic_13

3.Click to "go" button.after a few second the process of generation will be finished,at that time
close generation window.

Step_09.Creating First ISO

1.Now click on Deploy icon (see pic_14) ,another window will appear
(see pic_15) select "mydvd"
then duble click on picture of it you will have pic_16

2.Because our back ground picture was 800x600 , so place resolution on 800x600 as pic_16

notes:
--------

1.you can type a password in password section. if you do that the multiboot dvd will ask password
befor starting to work.

2.if you select enable startup screen in this page, the muliboot dvd will begin his work by showing
boot screen like vista's boot screen.

3.Click "Next" button.another window will be shown (see pic_17).

4.In new page Type the address of our source files(D:\Multiboot),and the address and name for iso
to be produced .I did as pic_17

5.Click on "Deploy" button .Another window will be shown (see pic_18).

6.At the end of process,a message window will be appeared (see pic_19) and will ask if you want to
test generated ISO on virtual machin or not, select no because our ISO is not complate yet!! (i told
the reason i Step_05 as a note).

Step_10.Creating Real iso
Open the iso made in D:\ by UltraISO and add all contents of
D:\Source folder (made in step_05) to iso and save it.

Thats all,hope will be helpful,and hope we will see the english help for this nice program
from dear programmer soon!!

have nice times

shirin zaban

Attached Files

• houbbane likes this

#2 useronce

useronce

• Developer
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:graphic multiboot technology, grub, isoemu, xosl, freeldr.
  •  
    China

Posted 27 July 2008 - 01:23 AM

nice work! :cheers:

When I use "BCDW" for multibooting "Hiren's CD" and "Ultimate Boot CD",it works very well.
here, sir, you say, the bcdw coming with aero is not work for you? but, i tested, it works. would you please show me details?

i'm continueing to add some funny stuff to aero: the scripting support.

and i get to know the grub2 fancy menu is under developping (http://grub.gibibit.com/Journal) - very attractive function. So, this will be a good start point for us multi-booter. :cheers:

#3 useronce

useronce

• Developer
  • 67 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 27 July 2008 - 01:35 AM

after many tests, i get to know the best compatibility video mode is: 0x111 (640x480x16b)- also the 0x101
(640x480x256) is good too, but its colors are reduced. so, the splash screen is 640x480x16b in designing.

when you see this screen in Windows Vista's resuming, it used 800x600x24b or 1024x768x24b. At the same time,
if you tried Windows 7, you should see the new boot screen ( here is a demo program for you: http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=5204 ).

so, the next release, i think, we can use a script to control the process, to detect the best availble video mode to
show this boot screen, even, the graphic menu(s).

#4 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 27 July 2008 - 12:43 PM

Beware that this might be caused because of the BCDW version.

I recommend using the latest 2.x ones.

Check if Aero and your own BCDW match: http://www.wolfgang-....de/bcdw_e.html

Aero has the coolest boot loading presentation I've ever seen (even when compared to linux), these sort of tutorials are very good introductions, thank you Shirin for posting instructions and useronce for developing this promissing boot loader.

One suggestion, why don't you also post a video tutorial to youtube? :cheers:

I've also made a tutorial to show how it can be done: http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=2688

Keep up the excellent work! :cheers:

#5 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:1_Making Unattended and Customized XP<br /><br />2_Making different types of Bootable and Multiboot CD/DVD<br /><br />3_Like to learn more about grub and grub4DOS
  •  
    Iran

Posted 27 July 2008 - 01:20 PM

[quote name='Nuno Brito' date='Jul 27 2008, 01:43 PM' post='40481']
Beware that this might be caused because of the BCDW version.

I recommend using the latest 2.x ones.

=============================================

Hi Nuno

First thank you for replay and help as always you do.

That was sevral weeks i did not hear from you,i am happy to see your notes again.

have nice times

shirin zaban

#6 skylen

skylen
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:02 PM

i'm continueing to add some funny stuff to aero: the scripting support.

and i get to know the grub2 fancy menu is under developping (http://grub.gibibit.com/Journal) - very attractive function. So, this will be a good start point for us multi-booter. :cheers:

Hi! I'm Colin Bennett, the author of the GRUB 2 "fancy menu" (graphical menu) feature. Currently I am working on completing the GUI by making it possible to configure icons for boot menu entries, and giving themes more control. In fact, during the past two days I have implemented embedded Lua support in GRUB. I think that this will be a fantastic way to make it very customizable for users and OS distributors.

I was wondering if you had any ideas about what you might like as far as scripting support in the GRUB boot loader. Some use cases I have thought of are:
  • Pop up a message box when a certain key is pressed. e.g., a help window or an "about" box.
  • Visual animated effects. e.g., slide the boot menu in from the side of the screen, or fade it in.
Let me know if there's anything in particular that would be useful to support in GRUB with respect to the graphical menu or the menu scripting system.

-Colin

#7 useronce

useronce

• Developer
  • 67 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 02 August 2008 - 12:14 AM

hi, collin! :cheers:

we are trying the same thing. but, i thought the lua, i think it is hard to merge. so i turned around and looking another solution. of sourse, the important reason is, lua's syntax is not like c. now, i'm trying to develop a windows tool to achieve this script-graphic work-flow and apply this the the aero env. - the hard and important thing is, what function and varibles we should export to user's scripts.

thinking about the grub2 scripting engine ( not the menu.lst scripting engine ), it should have some basic functions, varibles exports from its host. it can acess the env (e.g. current screen resolution, root directory, menu entris - the titles and command lines, ... ), the video functions, the image functions, font functions, ...

i my opinion, when menu.lst call the script-graphic entry, we should init the titles & cmdls and trans them to the scripting env for script using ( just like the gfxmenu does ), and, init its functions. when this done, the scripting engine can load the main script (yes, this scripting engine should support #include "blabla.gs"), and evaluate it. here, the user script is running! ^)^

of course, the user script can ignore the titles & cmdls from menu.lst. it can create its own user interface and graphic multiboot experience. so, we can think that the menu system based on the scripts are theme aware. at this scenario, we can even create sub menus, easter egg, games for fun.

to think about the scripting efficiency, we should weigh using the bit-code or not. the gfxmenu used bit-code.

so, how do you think, Collin?

#8 skylen

skylen
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 August 2008 - 03:10 AM

Thank you for the suggestions. I do hope to provide access to all those things you mentioned (fonts, GUI components, bitmaps, menus, etc.). I have never seen Aero Studio before. It looks pretty cool, and seeing what you've done with it gives me some idea as to what GRUB 2's graphical menu system should be capable of.

I hope it ends up being useful to you when it is done!

-Colin

#9 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 02 August 2008 - 04:11 PM

Hello Colin.

I have a couple OFFTOPIC questions for you, if I may.

How is/will be grub2 be related to grub4dos?

Will it include the additional features that grub4dos has when compared to Legacy Grub (0.97)?

:cheers:

jaclaz

#10 skylen

skylen
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 04 August 2008 - 01:09 PM

Hello Colin.

I have a couple OFFTOPIC questions for you, if I may.

How is/will be grub2 be related to grub4dos?

Will it include the additional features that grub4dos has when compared to Legacy Grub (0.97)?

Yes! The GRUB developers have implemented, I believe, all the main features from grub4dos. From the grub4dos page:

Difference between GRUB for DOS and GNU GRUB [ legacy ]

First of all, GRUB for DOS has a flexible boot loader. Unlike GNU GRUB which relies on three stages of files to boot, GRUB for DOS uses a much better solution. The main function of GRUB is placed in a single file grldr, while the boot loader is placed in another file grldr.mbr, which can be installed to MBR or partition boot sector. At startup, boot code in grldr.mbr will dynamically scan the root directory of every local partition for grldr, and load the first one found. Using this scheme, the location of boot file is no longer fixed, users can move it across partition boundary without causing booting problems.

GRUB 2 can use disk UUIDs (universal unique identifiers) to portably locate the device where GRUB should be loaded from. This accomplishes the same goal, I think, and also means that if multiple storage devices on the machine have GRUB installed, the correct one will be used (therefore the right grub.cfg will be loaded).

Secondly, GRUB for DOS can be loaded in multiple ways. GRUB for DOS runtime image comes in two forms. One is grldr, which can be loaded by MBR/partition boot sector and the Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista boot manager. It can also act as the eltorito boot file for bootable CDROM. The other is grub.exe, which is a hybrid executable that can be launched from linux console and DOS prompt.

I know that GRUB 2 can be loaded both from an IDE hard drive and from a CDROM -- I have done it myself. I believe there are executables for Windows (using cygwin, I think).

Thirdly, GRUB for DOS extends the function of GNU GRUB. The most significant enhancement is the map command. In GRUB for DOS, the map command can be used to create virtual harddisks and floppies from image files. These virtual devices can be accessed even after DOS starts.

The map command was just recently added to GRUB 2.

There are other useful features of GRUB for DOS which are not present in GNU GRUB, such as ATAPI CDROM driver, Chinese support, and so on.

Chinese is supported -- GRUB 2 uses Unicode to be language independent. I know it works with Japanese and I assume that Chinese works as well.

Colin

#11 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 04 August 2008 - 01:45 PM

Sorry, I know what grub4dos can do, I completely fail to understand whether GRUB 2 has the same features (and am also failing to find an actual release, not the source code that I cannot/don't know how to compile), lets try again, here are what I find are great features of grub4dos:
1) grldr being a single file, being able to be used:
a. as HD bootloader
b. as CD bootsector
c. as a substitute of NTLDR
d. called from NTLDR
2) grldr.mbr being able to be installed to MBR+hidden sectors
3) grub.exe being able to be called BOTH from DOS and Linux
4) the ability to chainload, besides MBR's and Bootsectors, DIRECTLY:
a. memdisk
b. isolinux
c. IO.SYS
d. NTLDR
e. SETUPLDR.BIN
f. BOOTMGR
g. any Linux kernel + initrd
5) the ability besides mapping (and booting from) floppy and hd images or partitions to:
a. map a .iso image as (hd32) or (0xFF)

There is not even a line of documentation here:
http://www.gnu.org/s...support.en.html

Not in the source code download:
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/grub/grub-1.96.tar.gz

Have you ANY link to some documentation and (possibly) to a compiled binary?

jaclaz

#12 useronce

useronce

• Developer
  • 67 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:56 AM

i know jaclaz want to see this is done: port some useful functions from Grub4DOS to Grub2.

i asked bean for this before, but he replied, this is easy but need time to do - the grub2 needs more work.

and, for the component-lized grub2, i think, we should load these separated .mod, fonts, images within a file.

the reason is, if we are trying to load all of them in a cd/dvd, device would try to seeking files many time.

of course, this is fast when we loading files from hdd. maybe, we can assemble these files into a 'initrd'. :cheers:

#13 useronce

useronce

• Developer
  • 67 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:59 AM

to Colin:

i tried your new build - gfxmenu-lua-1.iso.gz, it looks very nice, great work! :cheers:, what i want to do, you've done!

#14 skylen

skylen
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:32 AM

i know jaclaz want to see this is done: port some useful functions from Grub4DOS to Grub2.

i asked bean for this before, but he replied, this is easy but need time to do - the grub2 needs more work.

and, for the component-lized grub2, i think, we should load these separated .mod, fonts, images within a file.

the reason is, if we are trying to load all of them in a cd/dvd, device would try to seeking files many time.

of course, this is fast when we loading files from hdd. maybe, we can assemble these files into a 'initrd'. :cheers:

That is a good thing to consider! We should test the performance of GRUB on a CD/DVD and see if it seems like it could be sped up by intelligently packing the images, etc. that a theme uses within a single file or something. It would certainly be possible to add this feature if tests show it to be helpful.

Colin

#15 skylen

skylen
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:42 AM

to Colin:

i tried your new build - gfxmenu-lua-1.iso.gz, it looks very nice, great work! :cheers:, what i want to do, you've done!

Thanks, I'm glad you think it's nice! It was really, really easy to add the animation with a Lua script. I am thinking of all the other customizations that Lua can allow, such as:
  • advanced GUI layout
  • custom timeout animation
  • extra popup menus
  • cool animated backgrounds

However, the GRUB project has not said whether they will accept Lua into the project. :cheers: I hope they do, since it is only about 100 KB, and it will make themes infinitely more customizable with a minimal effort to us, the GRUB developers. The Lua has a compatible license (an MIT X11 license) with the GPL3 that GRUB uses. If GRUB does not accept it, I may keep my own patched version on my web site if it is considered useful to enough people.

Regards,
Colin

#16 useronce

useronce

• Developer
  • 67 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:42 AM

yes, i know team has team rules. for our discussion topic:

you used lua, and i tried the ejs from appweb ( overview ). what i'm sure is, the ejs is smaller than lua, but is has oo too. at the same time, if we want to try ejs, we need do some work.

and, the samba 4 used the ejs ( http://www.samba.org...tatus_lca06.pdf, or this page: http://lists.samba.o...May/041052.html for more information ).

in windows, i am trying to apply this scripting in a program. there are several exports for users, but i'm not sure what we need to do:

kbd: g_key_code

mouse: g_cursor_x, g_cursor_y
cursor_load (hand, arrow); cursor_set (hand/arrow);

video:
video_set_mode (mode);

image:
img_load (path); img_get (x, y, cx, cy); img_show (inx, 1/0); img_set_pos (inx, x, y);

timer:
setTimer(); setInterval(); clearTimer(); clearInterval();

how about your exports?

#17 TeenTin

TeenTin
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Hong Kong

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:17 PM

Thanks for the tutorial ! However, though I have followed the steps exactly, I got the "NTLDR corrupted" message while booting Live XP. Would you please help ?

#18 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  •  
    Iran

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:28 PM

Thanks for the tutorial ! However, though I have followed the steps exactly, I got the "NTLDR corrupted" message while booting Live XP. Would you please help ?

=============================

Hi TeenTin

I have made this project and it worked.After seeing your note i checked
the project in my archive,it was OK.

Any way may be notes below will help some:

1.Did you checked your liveXP befor using in this project?

2.Did you changed the name I386 directory to MYXP ?

3.Try you exprement by win 2003 sp1 (Not other version) instead of win XP
when making LiveXP , or just change your setupldr.bin and NTDETECT.COM
by the same files in win 2003 sp1.

4.Make sure you have written code below in aero:
bcdw (cd)/myxp/setupldr.bin

have succesful trying

shirin zaban

#19 q123

q123
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:52 AM

i am unable to download these attachments pls Help me

#20 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  •  
    Iran

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:46 AM

i am unable to download these attachments pls Help me

Hi q123

please refer to link below:

http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=5972

Shirin Zaban

#21 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:29 PM

Step_09.Creating First ISO

1.Now click on Deploy icon (see pic_14) ,another window will appear
(see pic_15) select "mydvd"
then duble click on picture of it you will have pic_16

Just to highlite here, the "double" click is important to set the default first screen used by the boot menu process. This took me a while to figure out, since I clicked ONCE only ... This is how you select multiple graphical screens (where there is a template command that can chain to a different screen)...Since this example has only a single screen, we need to select it (check the box) AND make it the default.

Scott

#22 stranger87

stranger87
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Vietnam

Posted 06 July 2009 - 06:06 PM

Great Thank Shirin Zaban.
But i have some questions for you.
That here you write:

Make another directory in D:\ by the name of Source, so you will have:

D:\Multiboot
D:\Multiboot\images
D:\Source

and:

1_ Copy Contents of your XP CD to D:\Source\

2_ Go through making WinBuilder LiveXP.ISO ,at the end you will have:

WinBuilder directory\Target\LiveXP
WinBuilder directory\ISO\LiveXP>iso

Go to WinBuilder directory\Target\LiveXP directory and rename "i386" directory to "MYXP"

Now copy all contents of LiveXP directory to D:\Source\

And then that here you write:

5.For "setup xp sp2" button select "bcdw" in pic_8,then change command to :

bcdw (cd)/i386/setupldr.bin

6.For "winbulder livexp" button select "bcdw" in pic_8,then change command to :

bcdw (cd)/myxp/setupldr.bin as you see in pic_10

I think somewhere is problem.
Why you don't add command for setup xp sp2 button is:
bcdw &#40;cd&#41;/source/i386/setupldr.bin
and command for winbuilder livexp button is:
bcdw &#40;cd&#41;/source/myxp/setupldr.bin

You maked and Copied CD XP and Targer Live XP to D:\Source\, if you add command same you write, does it load correct files?
Then You chose Sources file is: D:\Multiboot, so please answer me why do you make Source Folder in D:\ and what its usefull?

I tried same you and it doesn't work.

I also try Chosing Sources file is D:\ but my Aero Studio can't make iso, it not make and not report error.

May you can help me, please!

Thanks so much! :lol:

#23 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  •  
    Iran

Posted 06 July 2009 - 06:49 PM

stranger87

Aero is very good program,but as i said in my chm help,some times (not Always)
you will enconter by some problems. for example:

when source folder is big or ... it will not make iso and will not show what is
problem,as you could not do the making iso process.

and some other problems when using it's BCDW,and also problem with runing some
kinds of ISO's by it's QEMU.

Any way aero is very very good program.

Because of the first problem above,it will not make iso,So i do making iso in
two steps:

step_1.I place boot files in 1st source folder and use that to make iso by aero

step_2.By step above,the made iso will not work ,because it has boot filles
but does not contains other files to run,so i place other files needed in 2nd
source folder,then open iso made in 1st step by ultraiso,and add contents of
2nd source to iso (Not source folder,contents of source folder).

But about your question that why i do not use commands below:

bcdw (cd)/source/i386/setupldr.bin
bcdw (cd)/source/myxp/setupldr.bin

As i said above ,we do not have a directory by the name of "source" in ISO's
root,so why we should use /source/xxx/nnn.nnn?

inform me from process of your work

shirin zaban

#24 stranger87

stranger87
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Vietnam

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:17 PM

Thanks to helping, Shirin ZaBan!

But i still have any problem. :lol:
I will tell you all my problem and hope you will help me to solve them.

I want to Create a MultiDisk CD/DVD Bootable includes: Windows XP SP3 Setup, Windows XP Live, Norton Ghost, HDD Regenerator, Partition Magic, ...

It's not difficult to create Dos program as: Norton Ghost, HDD regenerator, ... and Windows XP SP3 Setup or with Windows XP Live.

But if i place Windows XP SP3 Setup and Windows XP Live in same Folder (of course i alredy changed i386 in target XP Live to myxp), will happen problem.
Same above i say, it does not craete iso and not report wrong.

I have tried to do same your post yet, i created an iso for Windows XP SP3 Setup and Dos Program and it's successful. (Of course i already make an button for Windows XP Live and add correct command for it same your guides)

Then i opened this iso by UltraIso and Add some folders and files in target of Windows XP Live.

Then i test with VirtualBox, it can boot and load Menu, i can Load to Windows XP SP3 Setup Successfully.

But if i Click Windows XP Live, it can load in the moment and auto Reset immidately.

I don't know what i do wrong?

Please help me! Thanks! ;)

#25 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  •  
    Iran

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:44 PM

Hi stranger87

1.Link below can be helpful for using liveXP (and BartPE),try to Make ready your files as
described there.
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=7787

2.For now may be notes below can be some help

_Change "ntdetect.com and setupldr.bin" in "i386" folder of livexp by the same files "Just" from
"win 2003 sp1" CD.

_use "uppercase" in name of "MYXP" and also use uppercase for files NTDETECT.COM and SETUPLDR.BIN

_Befor using livexp files for this project,test it's ISO and be sure it is working.
----------
Let me know progress of your project please

shirin zaban

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users