Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:29 AM

hi Mikorist, :worship:

I don't quite understand why it would switch from one width to another after '5 posts'.....

All ideas are from Mr. Nuno. :worship:

for myself i make entirely different things , look : diyaudio.rs or burningamp.net

#52 sambul61

sambul61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1568 posts
  •  
    American Samoa

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:46 AM

Yes!

And what do you think about the founder's moral real rights? Should he be allowed to decide name / use / ??? of his work? :frusty:
I personally until now sent nearly 10.000 contributions to this forum. But I do not claim to have a right to influence Nuno's decisions.

Peter

Apparently, you're not the founder, yet already abused your hidden privileges by posting in the Poll thread via a backdoor, despite such postings were specifically prohibited by its author by selecting "Disallow Replies", whether you like it or not. That was the choice, one CAN NOT normally exercise, and should not be allowed to, no matter how many times he/she posted on this forum. :hyper: Evidently, you're seeking unfair advantages for yourself only, and who knows - in what else matters?

Its your individual choice as of any other forum contributor to object or support any decisions made here. I won't comment on it. Other forum contributors also have that same choice, and it may be very different from yours. Its a free country...

#53 Mikorist

Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:30 AM

About selective quotes in IPB:

Easier is to create a completely new forum software than something like this .This had already asked me in diyaudio.rs - this is not possible - I'd have to rewrite half of the IPB - should work 5 months to do that to change a lot of applications - phpBB and SMF have already built that from inside like option that you can send post directly to a private message as a quote.

IPB have one application for the post - second for private messages - third for the fast reply .....

smf and phpbb have one application to do all this so it is possible to do this there with a simple java applet.

IPB has a very closed and difficult source - overcoded as I said before-somewhere here on forum.

We going in latest version of IPB 3 - second choice is loss of topics, messages, attachments or 500.000 links that we have.

This will not happen here - no matter how much someone wanted it out of joy :frusty:

In our case - it is best not to touch the source forum code - primarily is to save the

existing posts , links and basic functionality......

We invented a new technology to rebuild ourselves links...domain name is not really important from a technical point of view :ph34r:

I will not go - here's the story of the beauty of the domain of morality - or whatever - we know who makes the decision here
so that all stories on this topic here is unnecessary :hyper:

good luck :worship:

#54 sambul61

sambul61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1568 posts
  •  
    American Samoa

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:26 PM

Hi Mikorist,

Did I get it right, you say other forum engines loose "topics, messages, attachments and links"? That's why you selected present engine - when was it? And it doesn't have Selective Quotes built-in in its latest version, and is very difficult to modify? :frusty:

What forum engines (your "second choice") you consider that deficient? Any fresh references on the web to support such opinion? :hyper:

The "new technology to rebuild links, we invented" - did it touch the same source code that is best not to touch "in our interests"?

Very interesting info line...

#55 Mikorist

Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:10 PM

Hi Mikorist,

Did I get it right, you say other forum engines loose "topics, messages, attachments and links"? That's why you selected present engine - when was it? And it doesn't have Selective Quotes built-in in its latest version, and is very difficult to modify? :worship:

What forum engines (your "second choice") you consider that deficient? Any fresh references on the web to support such opinion? :worship:

The "new technology to rebuild links, we invented" - did it touch the same source code that is best not to touch "in our interests"?

Very interesting info line...

If you want to have "Selective Quotes" built-in in its latest version: go to http://community.invisionpower.com/

and ask for that - last time I was looking for something like that they told me openly that I was a fool :cheers:

I refuse to do their job and i do not have time for that :( We have two IPB developers and they 250.... :ph34r:

Who knows maybe you get lucky with this poll and performance there :hyper:

Any other forum software to choose - we lose something in the conversion from IPB to that.

Posts, links, topics, messages, attachments.

Technology is on the server side and has nothing to do with forum software.

It is important that the entrance and exit have the same forum software.

We will not going to smf or phpbb because "Selective Quotes" or or anyone's idea for anything.

Nuno - will not change his mind about reboot.pro
anyone to ask him - me or anyone....

I will not talk about this - you will see soon practical and live how this works :frusty:

:smart:

#56 Mikorist

Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:50 PM

http://community.inv...in-forum-posts/

you'll see - what a fool I am going to fall out there

at best there will be posted two or three comments that they do not care or there will be no response

am asking this question as +Active Customer
there which means that i pay for their services :frusty:

I may be wrong - might they make for two days all of this and releases a new version.

:hyper:

#57 sambul61

sambul61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1568 posts
  •  
    American Samoa

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:09 PM

Thanks Mikorist for re-posting my Poll on that forum. :huh:

I'll probably give you a Careware License to do such things in the future. :lol: Just remember, emails are very private matter, not for publication without permission.

I'll study that forum and its relationship to the forum engine used here, and will see what we can do... Hopefully something...at some point... no promises. :cheers:

The only thing I ask you - pls edit the Poll text over there, and change words "the Board" to words "Invision Product IP Board". So, it will read like this: "DO YOU CARE ABOUT IP BOARD USABILITY? This is Invision product, you paid for. This is the product, they are expected to support by addressing your - CUSTOMER - needs. And the needs of your own Board users."

Keep in mind, their managers read the Board too. :lol:

#58 Mikorist

Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:34 PM

Keep in mind, their managers read the Board too. :lol:

done.

I know the owner/founder of IPB and that will not make any difference :lol:

#59 sambul61

sambul61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1568 posts
  •  
    American Samoa

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:52 PM

If some of you guys want to have Selective Quotes feature implemented, may be you can register on Invision Forum and vote in that Poll? And also leave your comment there about how you expect them to react on Customer Feedback. :lol:

#60 Mikorist

Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:06 PM

The demonstration skin on http://w.bb should give a good example of possible performance. We've removed a lot of junk to make it lighter, still not finished thought.

finished 99%

:cheers:

#61 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:41 PM

Hi Mikorist,

The test site is back to white background.

Regards,
Galapo.

#62 Mikorist

Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:18 PM

Hi Mikorist,

The test site is back to white background.

Regards,
Galapo.

Yep , that is the master default skin.

white is default.

I'm thinking on adding the option for users to choose their CSS style of colors. Not yet an assurance but it is an idea in the works and might help users to choose a color that matches their mood or preference without any need for additional skins.

probably will be something like this - 3 different options for backgrounds in your posts.

but white is default opton.

It will be when Nuno decided it was time for that.

:cheers:

#63 sambul61

sambul61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1568 posts
  •  
    American Samoa

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:54 PM

Mikorist

Most ppl, even on tech forums, prefer "easy button" - easy way to go, without paying much time and attention to things that don't bother them at the moment. Most bootland visitors have some issue with booting OS or ISO, or preparing PE, or such. If you offer them comfortable environment to leave in, they will accept it without saying. And go on with their issue...

It might not be true for some frequent members, who prefer custom environment to work in. So, offering a choice and the right to choose is beautiful. But why strain ppl who don't want to choose - instead of learning how to choose they'll just start whining or move on. :cheers:

I found the need to change default skin ONLY on some hacker and games sites (seldom there), because they tend to be BLACK, hard to read. Otherwise its interesting to see, what each site creator's vision was. So, soft nice background like now on bootland IMHO would be the best default choice - not white. :cheers:

#64 Mikorist

Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:51 PM

categories are now on the front page (in Vader theme) as we had before on Boot Land

#65 sambul61

sambul61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1568 posts
  •  
    American Samoa

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:12 PM

It would be nice to see more stats for each thread on Thread List in each Category. Otherwise its hard to follow even those threads one posted recently to. Just easier to get oriented when last poster, last post date, number of hits are shown for each thread. It will certainly improve forum attendance.

#66 Mikorist

Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:59 PM

It would be nice to see more stats for each thread on Thread List in each Category. Otherwise its hard to follow even those threads one posted recently to. Just easier to get oriented when last poster, last post date, number of hits are shown for each thread. It will certainly improve forum attendance.

done :)

#67 sambul61

sambul61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1568 posts
  •  
    American Samoa

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:48 PM

Thanks. It now looks nice in IE, but in latest Opera 11 the Thread List page is not formatted properly.

#68 Mikorist

Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:13 AM

Thanks. It now looks nice in IE, but in latest Opera 11 the Thread List page is not formatted properly.

updated to be compatible with Opera :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users