Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  • Interests:Boot and Install from USB
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 10 February 2022 - 07:20 PM

MMC e.g Device and Disk Manager are working in PE_19041_US.wim

I could not get it working until I found that the reason was missing .mun files.

I used brute force to Add everything of

\Windows\System32\en-US\*.*
\Windows\SystemResources\*

The .mun files contain the icons and are located in \Windows\SystemResources

Use IconsExtract of NirSoft and Search for Icons in C:\Windows\SystemResources\** to see all the icons in .mun files

Attached File  MMC_PE_19041_US.png   522.22KB   0 downloads

#27 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 10 February 2022 - 07:42 PM

I have Uploaded TK_PE_SysWOW64_LARGE.7z  pw=bootwimb - Contains also File_List files given by alacran

Using in File_List folder  Add_Install_Files_LARGE.txt + Add_Registry_Files_LARGE.txt as given by alacran in Large-Version.7z

Combined with my Uploaded  fileTK_PE_SysWOW64.reg in folder Make_WinPE\Add_Registry

Works OK for  Win10_2004_English_x64.iso      but 32-bits App FAILS with SxS Error for  Win11_English_x64v1.iso

Win10XPE version 2022-01-07 supports Windows 11 (22000.194) & Windows 11 Update (22000.318), I suggest to make a Win11-PE.wim build, that you can use to collect the info from it.

alacran

• wimb likes this

#28 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 10 February 2022 - 07:58 PM

New Win10XPE version 2022-01-07 supports Windows 11 (22000.194) & Windows 11 Update (22000.318), I suggest to make a Win11 build with it to have a Win11-PE.wim, that you can use to collect the info from it.

Yes I will do that.

Tomorrow I hope to use reg copy from install.wim SOFTWARE registry so that added registry corresponds to Source.

Until now I used reg import of .reg file created from Export registry of running 10XPE, but is a problem for using different ISO files as Source in making WinPE.

Nice thing is thay roughly I know what files are needed for support of SysWoW64 and MMC, but it needs further development ....

; SysWOW64 Files (mui & mun files done withCheckSysFiles)

I need also find a way to get the corresponding .mui and .mun  files ..... something like in CheckSysFiles.script

#29 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 10 February 2022 - 11:45 PM

I need also find a way to get the corresponding .mui and .mun  files ..... something like in CheckSysFiles.script

Very possible you already know the info in following two paragraphs, but just in case I will share it here:

I don't know if you are aware many of the Scripts in this project have embeded content, as *.7z, *.exe files, etc., and also some Scripts are hidden, but just in case, I will comment here the procedure I use to extract that files/folders from a hidden Script as CheckSysFiles.script

Just go to \Win10XPE\Projects\Win10XPE\Features\CheckSysFiles.script, open it wit Notepad++ and edit/change  Level=0 (hidden) to Level=1 (or any number different to zero), run Win10XPE.exe (that is WinBuilder.exe v082 renamed), and now the Script will not be hidden anymore, in left panel Features section, select the script, select to edit it, open attachments and select x86 and/or x64, select the content in right panel and right click select extract to desktop and you can get the respective CheckSysFiles.exe, after made the previous procedure don't forget to change back the Script Level to = 0, it can be done directly in the builder.

If you were already aware of previous info, please excuse me for boring you, but anyway I consider this info could be useful for some other readers.

For your convenience I attached here CheckSysFiles.7z file  Password = alacran

It contains x64 and x86 versions of CheckSysFiles.exe, that you could use to get the corresponding .mui and .mun  files.

alacran

Attached Files

• wimb likes this

#30 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 11 February 2022 - 01:05 AM

GOOD NEWS - SysWoW64 for 32-bits support is working OK here  :)  for  Win10_2004_English_x64.iso

Just to confirm it is also working fine here.

alacran

• wimb likes this

#31 gbrao

gbrao

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 474 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 11 February 2022 - 02:38 AM

There's a updated WoW64_AddFiles.txt here :

https://www.tenforum...tml#post2264054

• wimb likes this

#32 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 11 February 2022 - 06:22 AM

Upload Plugin:  Make_WinPE_MMC_SysWOW64.7z    pw=bootwimb  for Win10_2004_English_x64.iso  (21H2 works OK)

MEDIUM = MMC

LARGE = SysWOW64

Win10XPE_2021-10-27\Win10XPE\Temp\CheckSysFiles\Win10XPE_AddFiles.txt is Added to MEDIUM and LARGE Lists to Add the missing .mui and .mun files

Registry is made from Export SOFTWARE registry of Running 10XPE.wim

#33 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 11 February 2022 - 06:44 AM

There's a updated WoW64_AddFiles.txt here :

https://www.tenforum...tml#post2264054

That's not from an official version of Win10XPE, official page is in GitHub: https://github.com/ChrisRfr/Win10XPE

And I think we all shoul be using the last official version to be consistent: Win10XPE version 2022-01-07

Anyway in the version from gbrao link (if compared with the version in Win10XPE version 2022-01-07) only 6 lines are added in section:

; WB Dependencies addition:

; WB Dependencies addition
\Windows\SysWOW64\ieframe.dll >>> already present in 2022-01-07 version
\Windows\SysWOW64\mshtml.dll >>> already present in 2022-01-07 version
\Windows\SysWOW64\advpack.dll >>> New line
\Windows\SysWOW64\DiagnosticDataSettings.dll >>> New line
\Windows\SysWOW64\IEAdvpack.dll >>> New line
\windows\SysWOW64\srpapi.dll >>> New line
\Windows\SysWOW64\vaultcli.dll >>> New line
\windows\SysWOW64\WerFault.exe >>> New line

And as the word dependencies is involved they seem related to dependencies required for additional software added by this guy.

alacran

#34 gbrao

gbrao

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 474 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 11 February 2022 - 06:48 AM

That's not from an official version of Win10XPE, official page is in GitHub: https://github.com/ChrisRfr/Win10XPE

And I think we all shoul be using the last official version to be consistent: Win10XPE version 2022-01-07

Actually these days that is the go-to place for Win10XPE info. Even ChrisR posts there.

#35 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 13 February 2022 - 09:23 AM

Update Download:  Make_WinPE_Trusted-24  -  for Windows 10/11 x64 OS

Major Update - based entirely on design Win10XPE of ChrisR instead of design spectralwhite
- WinXShell is now from 10XPE and CLaunch Menu is Removed

- MMC e.g. Device and Disk Manager + SysWOW64 32-bits + PStart working but of course in LARGE Version only that has the extra files and registry
- Registry TK_10_SOFTWARE and TK_11_SOFTWARE .reg files for LARGE Version made from Export Registry of Full working US 10XPE (Explorer Shell Version)
- LAN Internet + PENetwork working in All Versions
- Autoruns, HWinfo, Notepad++ and ProcessExplorer moved from WIM to PE_Tools folder for Portable Tools
- System_Info Extra Portable Tools working in All versions with Option in LARGE Version to Launch 32-bits PStart Menu 
- CLaunch Menu [Win] + [Z] Removed
- Desktop location corresponds to 10XPE and you can Add now to folder Make_WinPE\Add_Folders_Files\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Desktop
- Extra Desktop Icons - Run_System_Info_x64.exe to find System_Info folder on any drive and FirefoxPortable Link to Drive Y to Start FirefoxPortable\FirefoxPortable.exe
- No support yet for other Languages then US English, but Other Versions instead of 2004 e.g. 21H2 can work
- LARGE Version has Registry of Full working US 10XPE (Explorer Shell Version) - - it means you can Add if desired folders e.g. IrfanView_x64 folder
  from Win10XPE\Target\Program Files to Make_WinPE\Add_Folders_Files\Program Files to have them in the WIM File where IrfanView is already registered

10 WIM = 413 MB    == 11 WIM = 520 MB for SMALL Versions
10 WIM = 562 MB    == 11 WIM = 672 MB for LARGE Versions

PE_19041_US.wim == PE_22000_US.wim == 19041 with Added IrfanView - LARGE Versions
PE_19041_US_2022-02-13_113305.jpg ==== PE_22000_US_2022-02-13_132623.jpg ==== PE_19041_US_2022-02-13_143935.jpg

What is next to come ? We need to have the List of required files and registry keys and test .....

- WiFi Internet + Network Drivers

- Explorer Shell instead of WinXShell

- Reduce WinSxS - only changes in the program code required .....Reduction is about 50 MB

- Audio - Add folder MPC-BE_x64 for mp3 player

- MMC for MEDIUM Version - MMC files + MMC and CL registry is already available

• alacran likes this

#36 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 14 February 2022 - 02:19 AM

JFYI

Tested building Large and Small versions, no issues during build.

Findings:

I added 2 WiFi drivers into \Make_WinPE_Trusted-24\Make_WinPE\Add_Drivers\10_x64 folder located into two different folders Realtec_RTL8187B and TP-LINK_TL_WN722N and they weren't copied to the WIM file.

LibreOfficePortable (x86) does not work in Large version.

LibreOfficePortable (x86) is not intended for versions not having x86 support.

Attached Useful_Links.7z, also optional file DBCTaskmanX64.7z

Password for all files = alacran

Just copy them to Make_WinPE_Trusted and extract the files there, the Disable Spectre & Meltdown mitigations.7z (if used) will overwrite the Add_Registry_10_LARGE.txt, Add_Registry_10_MEDIUM.txt and Add_Registry_10_SMALL.txt files.

Spoiler

NOTE: I included all the links I usually use, if you will not use or want any of the items just delete them, before make the build.

10 WIM Small version = 415 MB
10 WIM Large version = 564 MB

alacran

Attached Files

• wimb likes this

#37 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 14 February 2022 - 06:42 AM

Hi alacran,

Thanks for testing. The code to Add Drivers is not yet active, so that explains why the drivers are not in the WIM File.

I will change the program code so that dism will add the drivers.

I have not tested LibreOfficePortable (x86) but will do that here. May be some missing SysWOW64 files .....

Thanks for the Useful_Links and DBCTaskmanX64 plugins for Make_WinPE. I will Add them to next version.

Disable Spectre & Meltdown mitigations.7z file cannot be opened with pw=alacran . Probably other password ?

#38 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 14 February 2022 - 08:06 AM

GOOD NEWS   :)

I have modified the program so that Add Drivers is working for me (not yet uploaded)

And Now my WiFi Driver is Added and WiFi is working. Also Audio VLC Player is working (all to my surprise)

And the New Links and DBC Taskmgr is there and working as far  files are present ....

IrfanView is Added for Pictures and LibreOffice does require additional files wer.dll is missing

PE_19041_Links_WiFi_2022-02-14_084532.jpg

#39 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 14 February 2022 - 08:28 AM

I'm writing now from PE_10x64_US.wim, I installed one of the drivers for WIFI directly in Device Management after boot, also added \Windows\System32\mspaint.exe to Add_Install_Files_LARGE.txt, (the *.mui is already in X:\Windows\System32\en-US and added MSPaint.LNK to desktop and to Send to, and it is working fine to paste and save a captured screen with the keyboard button.

About Disable Spectre & Meltdown mitigations.7z file forget about it for now, I have used that REG code into my VHDs without any issues, but in the PE it gave me some issues during boot, let me chek it and I will comment latter, for now I will delete the attachment in my previous post.

Attached New links.7z file Password = alacran

It contains Documents.lnk and MSPaint.LNK, both to be added to desktop and Send to folders.

alacran

Attached Files

• wimb likes this

#40 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 14 February 2022 - 08:58 AM

IrfanView is Added for Pictures and LibreOffice does require additional files wer.dll is missing

No need of IrfanView into the PE, there is a portable version and it can be in Y:\Portables\IrfanViewPortable if you want it, but I think mspaint.exe is very small and is only a single file (964 KB) to add to the PE, about the files for LibreOffice, both files that it mentions are there in the PE, I rmember this was happening also in the VHDs untill you found this from keep_SysWOW64.txt:

Adjusted to Add \Windows\SysWOW64\Windows.UI.FileExplorer.dll and Windows.FileExplorer.Common.dll and wpdshext.dll for FileSelect LibreOffice Writer / Calc

So this means very possible also MS FileExplorer is required to run LibreOffice

Attached a picture running DBC Taskmgr

alacran

Attached Files

• wimb likes this

#41 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 14 February 2022 - 09:31 AM

No need of IrfanView into the PE, there is a portable version and it can be in Y:\Portables\IrfanViewPortable if you want it, but I think mspaint.exe is very small and is only a single file (964 KB) to add to the PE, about the files for LibreOffice, both files that it mentions are there in the PE, I rmember this was happening also in the VHDs untill you found this from keep_SysWOW64.txt:

Adjusted to Add \Windows\SysWOW64\Windows.UI.FileExplorer.dll and Windows.FileExplorer.Common.dll and wpdshext.dll for FileSelect LibreOffice Writer / Calc

Added mspaint.exe to System32 list and now paint is working

Added SysWOW64\wer.dll  and  fontsub.dll and now Libre Office is working.

Did not use yet FileSelector, so need to check if more is needed .....

PE_19041_Paint_LibreOf_2022-02-14_101741.jpg

#42 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 14 February 2022 - 10:14 AM

Posted Today, 03:31 AM

alacran, on 14 Feb 2022 - 02:58 AM, said:snapback.png

Added mspaint.exe to System32 list and now paint is working

Added SysWOW64\wer.dll  and  fontsub.dll and now Libre Office is working.

Did not use yet FileSelector, so need to check if more is needed .....

Good, I was looking for wer.dll and fontsub.dll with SwiftSearch and it found both, but in System32, and I just forgot they are required in SysWOW64, as LibreOfficePortable is an x86 program.

I have this other tool that ca be also located in Y:\Portables\freeshooter x64 version is only 307 KB.

The author description of the program is: This is old-school tool for taking screenshots without bloatware features, simple as life, light as air.

alacran

Attached Files

• wimb likes this

#43 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 14 February 2022 - 12:30 PM

Update Download:  Make_WinPE_Trusted-25 -  :wub: Valentine's Edition  :wub:  -  for Windows 10/11 x64 OS 

- Added - DBCTaskmanX64 and IrfanView_x64 - Better to Add since .jpg is registerd for Internal IrfanView (double-click and Icon OK) and Not for External IrfanView
- Added - Desktop Links and SendTo Links
- Added - Make_WinPE Plugin Portables_Links.7z - Option: Use 7-zip context menu Extract here to Unpack and Add Plugins to Make_WinPE folder
- Added - Portables.zip - Use 7-zip R-mouse Menu to Extract here on e.g. Drive Y to get Portables folder with freeshooter
- Fixed - LibreOffice and Paint
- Changed - Version Letter Added in WIM FileName L , M or S Version e.g. PE_19041_US_L.wim
- Added - Add Drivers with dism e.g. WiFi drivers

• alacran likes this

#44 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 14 February 2022 - 02:08 PM

Added All Non Microsoft and All Non PE Drivers e.g. Webcam, Bluetooth and Printer - Have a look at Device Manager.

We need some more files e.g. bthci.dll and some registry keys and then Bluetooth and Printer may work ....

PE_19041_US_BT_Prt_2022-02-14_150115.jpg

#45 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 14 February 2022 - 06:46 PM

Just throwing this on the table (and promptly hiding my hand behind my back), but if the game is now becoming "What useful tiny programs can we add?", here is one:

https://www.cockos.com/licecap/

:duff:

Wonko 

#46 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 14 February 2022 - 07:26 PM

Just throwing this on the table (and promptly hiding my hand behind my back), but if the game is now becoming "What useful tiny programs can we add?", here is one:

https://www.cockos.com/licecap/

Nice App, but is it Portable so that in PE you can run it  from USB ?

#47 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 15 February 2022 - 01:11 AM

Update Download:  Make_WinPE_Trusted-25 -  :wub: Valentine's Edition  :wub:  -  for Windows 10/11 x64 OS 

- Added - DBCTaskmanX64 and IrfanView_x64 - Better to Add since .jpg is registerd for Internal IrfanView (double-click and Icon OK) and Not for External IrfanView
- Added - Desktop Links and SendTo Links
- Added - Make_WinPE Plugin Portables_Links.7z - Option: Use 7-zip context menu Extract here to Unpack and Add Plugins to Make_WinPE folder
- Added - Portables.zip - Use 7-zip R-mouse Menu to Extract here on e.g. Drive Y to get Portables folder with freeshooter
- Fixed - LibreOffice and Paint
- Changed - Version Letter Added in WIM FileName L , M or S Version e.g. PE_19041_US_L.wim
- Added - Add Drivers with dism e.g. WiFi drivers

JFYI

Just tested and all new additions working fine.

Findings:

I didn't find from where to run IrfanView_x64, just when made a screen capture with freeshooter, saw the *.jpg image file was associated with IrfanView, and it opened the *.jpg file, but the *.jpg file can be also send to MSPaint, and opens fine there too. By the way IrfanView additional lang files can be downloaded here.

Sound is not working in my PE, I was able to make apear the sound icon on task bar but the headphones are preselected in it, and I can't change to the main speakers, as I have to do allways the first boot in Win 10.

TeamViewerPortable dos not run, it requires the PE boots as Admin.

alacran

• wimb likes this

#48 gbrao

gbrao

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 474 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 15 February 2022 - 04:14 AM

I haven't tested the latest version but :

I prefer not to have the ribbon in WIndows file explorer. With Win10XPE if I just delete ...

system32\uiribbon.dll

system32\uiribbonres.dll

system32\en-US\uiribbon.dll.mui

... the ribbon is not shown. Don't know about side effects - I haven't noticed any.

EDIT - If you want wordpad, it needs the above dlls, AFAIK. So you will have to tolerate ribbons :-)

--------------------------

licecap can be made portable. just tested.

when first run it creates a ini file in appdata\roaming.

if you move the ini file to the exe folder, it uses the ini file in the exe folder instead.

• wimb likes this

#49 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 15 February 2022 - 04:27 AM

@ wimb

II suggest  to create a shortcut to X:\Windows\System32\Notepad.exe in  Programs >>> Accesories

Attached you will find IrfanView_x64.lnk to add to desktop and some REG files to disable Telemetry (Diagtrack), and the respective Add_Registry_10_LARGE.txt

EDIT: Still unable to solve sound issue.

@ gbrao

So far none of this builds uses WIndows file explorer yet.

alacran

Attached Files

• wimb likes this

#50 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 15 February 2022 - 06:25 AM

JFYI

Just noticed Switch to Admin requires to use Win file Explorer, there is a message in the Script related to the very first screen in Win10XPE "Build Core" saying this:

[CheckInput]
If,%WinXShell_RadioButton%,Equal,True,Begin
  If,%Admin_CheckBox%,Equal,True,EchoExtended,"Do Not Use Switch to Admin with WinXShell.",Warn,,Message,,Halt
  If,%IE11_CheckBox%,Equal,True,EchoExtended,"Do Not Use IE11 with WinXShell.",Warn,,Message,,Halt
  If,%DotNET_CheckBox%,Equal,True,EchoExtended,"Do Not Use DotNET with WinXShell.",Warn,,Message,,Halt
  If,%FullSoftware_CheckBox%,Equal,True,EchoExtended,"WinXShell is Designed to be Light, it is not intended for using the Full Software hive.",Warn,,Message,,Halt
End

So this stopped me, for now, going further trying to intent help implementing Switch to Admin in this project, in order to make TeamViewerPortable work, as it is necessary to first add Win file Explorer to the project.

It seems the current LARGE version should become MEDIUM version and the future LARGE version should have Win file Explorer, as we commented some time ago.

alacran

• wimb likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: winpe, wimlib, winntsetup, wim

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users