• Advanced user
  • 163 posts
  •  
    Myanmar

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:52 PM

Hi All,

This is my poor Win8PE screen shot.
Very bad but start working.
The worst is I cant load any of reg hives in config folder, shown as blank.
SYSTEM and SOFTWARE hive are 8kb large in each size and something is totally wrong with it. Any idea?
7zip can't open boot.wim but ok with install.wim as they've fixed with tricks, I think.
Thanks for your time.

Win8PE.jpg

Regards,

ah

#2 joakim

joakim

Silver Member

• Team Reboot
  • 912 posts
  •  
    Norway

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:36 PM

I don't understand how you can verify the size of the hives, yet can't open boot.wim (which they are inside)? Btw, try using dism.exe to mount the wim. The format seems to have changed.
  • Brito likes this

#3 Aye Htay

Aye Htay

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 163 posts
  •  
    Myanmar

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:17 PM

I don't understand how you can verify the size of the hives, yet can't open boot.wim (which they are inside)? Btw, try using dism.exe to mount the wim. The format seems to have changed.

Thanks for your reply. I mean I can't open boot.wim with 7zip but I can mount with imagex and can edit many things inside but not reg hives.
I've changed full permission given in each of hive but still blank. Followings are hives size.
COMPONENTS size 6.75mb
DEFAULT size 256kb
DRIVERS size 2mb
SYSTEM size 8kb
SECURITY size 8kb
SAM size 8kb
SOFTWARE size 8kb
Thinking like that they are afraid of creating with wb :dubbio: and perhab we can substitude our reg hive in it.
But I know some chinese guys made Win8PE very well. But I don't have any idea yet.

ah

#4 vvurat

vvurat

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 323 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:20 PM

But I know some chinese guys made Win8PE very well. But I don't have any idea yet.

can you give link?

and for your other problem try to make the winpe from the first image in boot.wim. it mounts ok.

#5 Aye Htay

Aye Htay

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 163 posts
  •  
    Myanmar

Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:32 PM

Thanks for your reply.
The links are not ready in my hand, may be on Monday.
Yes, I tried index 1 in boot.wim and I could see all reg hives were normal.
I've got to run Win8PE now and will improve soon.
Learning from Chinese guy's ones but time limitation for me.

Regards,

ah

#6 Aye Htay

Aye Htay

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 163 posts
  •  
    Myanmar

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:04 AM

@vvurat

I'll msg the link to you.

regards,

ah

#7 sambul61

sambul61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1568 posts
  •  
    American Samoa

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:27 AM

Can you post the link here? Someone else may want to learn from there experience too. :)

#8 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:41 AM

Link to a Windows PE already built and distributed from elsewhere not Microsoft?

Please do not share the link on the public forum. We already have enough legal risks and cannot allow public links for Microsoft files unless they come from the MS site.

You are welcome to pass links through personal message, just don't do it in public view.

#9 Aye Htay

Aye Htay

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 163 posts
  •  
    Myanmar

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:01 PM

I know about it.
If I believe the person is developer, I'll send the link. Unless so, I will say sorry.
  • Brito likes this

#10 Max_Real Qnx

Max_Real Qnx

Gold Member

• Patrician
  • 1382 posts
  • Interests:To be or not to be that is the question.
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:29 PM

MultiPE Leopard v2 Sp2 (Beta 1) with Win8 Developer Beta 1 x86/x64 Edition coming soon !! Best regards :hi:

Win8 Developer Beta 1 x86 Edition.png
  • Brito and thefuse like this

#11 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:54 PM

Link to a Windows PE already built and distributed from elsewhere not Microsoft?

Please do not share the link on the public forum. We already have enough legal risks and cannot allow public links for Microsoft files unless they come from the MS site.

You are welcome to pass links through personal message, just don't do it in public view.

So we can re-distribute illegally non-redistributable files as long as we do it as hush-hush?
http://www.answers.com/topic/hush-hush

Nice approach. :thumbsup:

I guess we are also officially allowed to - actually suggested to - use the Forum PM's to deal in drugs, weapons and bombs (besides white slave trade) :ph34r:.

The latter keywords were posted to get some more google hits than mozzarella and pizza and thus a higher Alexa Ranking. :whistling:

:cheers:
Wonko

#12 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:55 PM

Hi Wonko, missed you already.. :lol:

Whatever people do in private messages is private between them.

As long as this file sharing is done privately and exclusively for development purposes, I will not raise obstacles for developers to share files necessary for learning and finding a legal way of reaching the same results for end-users.

:)

#13 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:14 PM

So we can re-distribute illegally non-redistributable files as long as we do it as hush-hush?

What a member of this forum PMs, is only private contents (PM = Private Message).

Use the Forum PM's to deal in drugs, weapons and bombs (besides white slave trade)

As said above, purely private PM.
Even if somebody tries to arrange a new SEPT11 as SEPT30, it is not in the responsibility of the forum to react. (Maybe some members would react and initiate something to prohibit ...)

Peter

#14 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:04 PM

I guess we are also officially allowed to - actually suggested to - use the Forum PM's to deal in drugs, weapons and bombs (besides white slave trade) :ph34r:

You deal in drugs and girls? Drop me a PM! ;)

#15 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:55 AM

Hi Wonko, missed you already.. :lol:

Whatever people do in private messages is private between them.

As long as this file sharing is done privately and exclusively for development purposes, I will not raise obstacles for developers to share files necessary for learning and finding a legal way of reaching the same results for end-users.

Sure, but PUBLICLY ENCOURAGING using a feature of the board in an illegal way is quite frankly at the same time coward and hypocrite.
I had greater expectations. :(

@Medevil
What makes you think I deal in girls? :dubbio:

Spoiler

Wonko

#16 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:20 AM

Girls can't work? :dubbio: Must be doing it wrong all my life. ;)

#17 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:25 AM

Sure, but PUBLICLY ENCOURAGING using a feature of the board in an illegal way is quite frankly at the same time coward and hypocrite.

Actually, it is honest and sincere when compared to publicly saying that it is wrong in public and then support this practice in private conversations.

Developers have my support, leechers don't.

:)

#18 Aye Htay

Aye Htay

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 163 posts
  •  
    Myanmar

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:32 AM

Hi Lodovici,

Already sent the link to you.
Thanks to all of you for each reply.
Very funny, esp to MedEvil and Wonko. :clap:
All members are definitely waiting for your project, dear Max_Real. You are the man.

Regards,

ah

#19 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:41 PM

Actually, it is honest and sincere when compared to publicly saying that it is wrong in public and then support this practice in private conversations.

Developers have my support, leechers don't.

Sure :), the point was about NOT supporting it, publicly or privately.

Can you please delete the "Rules" page and replace them with a simplified set? :unsure:
Something along the lines of ;):

• Everyone can do whatever he/she wants, provided he/she doesn't do anything I (Nuno Brito, supreme leader of the Reboot.pro Empire) don't like, which will change every single day.
  • Public redistribution of non-redistributable files is allowed or not depending on which side of the bed I stand up in the morning. This includes hosting them on our servers, or including them in Winbuilder .scripts, which is allowed if you really think it is needed to have the lazy leechers (which I don't support) be able to build the thingy without moving their fat asses. I do support developers, so I do my best to allow people here to break their intellectual property rights at will.
  • As long as you are a developer (or think you are one, a more common situation) you can redistribute whatever you want through PM's (NOT on public threads, please)
  • Post whatever you like wherever you like, noone is going ever to ask you to stay on topic or post in the appropriate forum (exception made for Wonko the Sane, but you can ignore him allright)
  • More generally, as long as I am not in one of my bad days I will allow everything to happen on the board, if I am in one of them bad days I will senselessly close threads or move them and/or suspend/ban any member for any reason I happen to fancy.

@Medevil
Sure, them girls tend to be much more accurate than guys, but of course it depends on the actual work that needs to be done.
Spoiler

Wonko

#20 sambul61

sambul61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1568 posts
  •  
    American Samoa

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:35 PM

Since when links provided by members of various forums replaced such (illegally distributing links) multilingual search engines as Google or Baidu? I wonder why MS don't sue them? :dubbio: In my understanding, only file hosting for illegal distribution is unlawful, and the hosting site only becomes liable when they were aware of the fact that the locally hosted files are prohibited from unauthorized distribution, and did not remove these files (but not links to such content hosted at other sites).

Of course, there are some moral aspects that exist on both sides of the issue. For example, some people argue that some companies try to illegally restrict sharing of purchased by consumers files, or that such activity in certain cases is either absurd or not in public interest. :)

#21 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:50 PM

@sambul61
Here in Germany, already linking to such content is enough to get into trouble with the law.
Funny thing is, there has not a single lawsuit been filed against any of the big search enfines, but little people get sued all the time.

If that doesn't shake ones belief in the justice system. I've got a bridge to sell! ;)

#22 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:28 PM

@Wonko
I like the picture and i fully agree with the subtext.
But i kinda missed the tie-in to our topic.

btw. This is NOT how you send a PM! :lol:

#23 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:15 PM

But i kinda missed the tie-in to our topic.

Ploughing, as an example, is an alltogether different job.
Spoiler

btw. This is NOT how you send a PM!

I know, thanks :), BTW, can you PM me how much you want for that bridge you want to sell?
I might be interested in one ....

Wonko

#24 Aye Htay

Aye Htay

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 163 posts
  •  
    Myanmar

Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:13 AM

Hi All,

After finding those Win8PEs are fake(all system32 files version are from Win7), I am not interested in WinPE at the moment and then I'm trying to make a Mini8 with full function.
Now I have a ram boot Mini8 with full feature in 2GB, installed Fira 1.3 version, worked imDisk, used NT6 installer. Thanks to all these developers.

Posted Image

Regards
  • Brito likes this

#25 pokemon1

pokemon1

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:55 AM

Hi All,

After finding those Win8PEs are fake(all system32 files version are from Win7), I am not interested in WinPE at the moment and then I'm trying to make a Mini8 with full function.
Now I have a ram boot Mini8 with full feature in 2GB, installed Fira 1.3 version, worked imDisk, used NT6 installer. Thanks to all these developers.

Posted Image

Regards

Hi this looks cool. Is it a screenshot of PE version or installed OS (win8)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users