Photo
- - - - -

@DED-LEGO@ - flexible configuration (the gfxboot with the configuration directly from "menu.lst")

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#51 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:29 AM

I will look at the tutorials steve6375 and see if it could help me thanks.

Additionally, read The Guide:
http://diddy.boot-la...les/gfxmenu.htm
(for "basic" GFXmenu)
:dubbio:

:sos:
Wonko

#52 ded

ded

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:56 AM

(right now the last version you gave a link to seem like missing quite a number of .ocx/.dll or need functions not in modules found - at least on my system - XP x86 italian SP2

:dubbio: Of course RIPPER contains errors. While that is still not a program, rather it is just a sketch of a future project. Please publish screenshots of error messages.

#53 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:18 AM

The error is - as said - "runtime Error 35601".

These modules look like mising when profiling in Dependency Walker:
c:\gfxmenu\tools\MSCC2ITA.DLL
c:\windows\system32\1033\MSCMC.DLL
c:\windows\system32\MSCMCEN.DLL
c:\windows\system32\MSCMCENU.DLL
c:\windows\system32\MSCMENU.DLL
c:\windows\system32\VB6IT.DLL

But quite a few more I already added during a short test.

Then there are these:
LoadLibraryA("C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSCmITA.DLL") returned NULL. Error: Impossibile trovare il modulo specificato (126).

LoadLibraryA("C:\WINDOWS\system32\1040\MSCmC.dll") called from "MSCOMCTL.OCX" at address 0x01EC832D.

LoadLibraryA("C:\WINDOWS\system32\1040\MSCmC.dll") returned NULL. Error: Impossibile trovare il modulo specificato (126).

GetProcAddress(0x7C800000 [KERNEL32.DLL], "IsTNT") called from "MSVBVM60.DLL" at address 0x66001BD5 and returned NULL. Error: Impossibile trovare la procedura specificata (127).

Which version of MSCTF.DLL is needed?
Spoiler

Edit:
maybe this is the redistributable needed:
http://www.microsoft...14-64662f5f62fe

But it needs a reboot (which I cannot do right now)
Where do the "MSCMC*.DLL" files belong?

:dubbio:
Wonko

#54 ded

ded

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:05 PM

Wonko the Sane, you are the only one who managed to download from depositfiles. Now I've changed the start procedure and replaced the links. Please try again. Does MSOffice installed on your system?

#55 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:28 PM

Does MSOffice installed on your system?

Of course NOT ;) (if you mean one of the stoopid "recent" versions like 2003, 2007 or 2010 :dubbio:)

In any case, it would be a nice thing if that (having installed any of MS Office) is not a requisite for your app.

No difference with the version downloaded from letitbit. :sos:

:(
Wonko

#56 ded

ded

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:53 AM

Thanks to help from Wonko the Sane and his patience in the process of testing, error was identified. :loleverybody: :whistling:

Thank you very much, Wonko! :cheers: :cheers:

Now you can download a test-version of RIPPER-GFX. :unsure:
I remind you that I am very interested in your opinion about the level of English in RIPPER-GFX. Also waiting for reports about the program runs on different operating systems, error messages. Toolbar buttons and filling the tabs still need work, but the overall look of the interface you can appreciate right now.

LINKS:
http://depositfiles....files/uqncqbda1
http://uploadbox.com/files/836e05ee4f/
http://letitbit.net/...0.0001.exe.html

The show must go on :smiling9: and it continues.

#57 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:53 AM

Preliminary comments. :smiling9:

The installer should create also folders as:
  • repository for actual "compiled" Gfxboots, I made \RIPPER-GFX\gfxbootS (and possibly copy to it a sample Gfxboot, I used @DED-LEGO@_v3.0)
  • repository for "projects", I made \RIPPER-GFX\Projects\

The actual GUI app should have something like "New Project" that when chosen would create
  • inside the "\RIPPER-GFX\Projects\" a "project directory", a folder named after the actual "new project", I used "TestProject"
  • inside the above a "Components directory" (as well when you start a "New Project") so I made \RIPPER-GFX\Projects\TestProject\Components

You must find a way (checkbox in "Options" or something like that) to the effect of removing the "informative" popup with OK button (like the one that popups everytime you do "File->OpenGfxboot", after the first time (or maybe two for those a bit "tough" :cheers:) it becomes simply UNnerving! :w00t:

Anyway when the file choosing dialog appears should default to \RIPPER-GFX\gfxbootS\ (and not to root of the drive like now.

You miss a "File->Close", right now you need to exit the program if you want to load another gfxboot after closing current one (or if you prefer you cannot get to the same "initial situation" unless you Exit and restart the program).

Generally speaking, are you sure it is a good idea to have Gfxboot files WITHOUT an extension?
I am VERY "old time", but what can happen if one renames @DED-LEGO@_v3.0.gfx to @DED-LEGO@_v3_0.gfx
More generally, for use on Windows it is NEVER a god idea to use the . (dot) inside the name as it is the separator for the extension.

I tried double clicking several times on the "LOGO" rectangle/button.
Each double click it "changed" the image.
After a reasonably high number of double clicking I got "Error 35600" "index out of bound or "index outside limits" (actually I got it in italian, but the meaning should be that one) and the program crashed.

I can see no problems whatsoever (or very little ones) with the "English" :thumbup:

I can see a few little problems with "logic" :unsure: , the "Flash->Check Flash Drive as "Current Flash" for QEMU" which actually creates a pop-up telling the user what the menu does, should simply be NOT there!
The title should be:
Qemu Device
And then a number of entries (check boxes - mutually exclusive) like:
Use E: drive
Use F: drive
Uncheck all drives
Monitor devices connection

In other words IMHO you shouldn't "mix" actual info or help (and definitely not in the form of a popup dialog that you need to click OK on) with the actual actions that are carried by the menu items.
When the app will be functional, this will avoid countless unneeded clicks to get rid of the popup informative dialogs.

Ideally in the "Qemu device" menu you should provide for use of image files - but that is an "added" feature, it's premature to talk about it now.

Imprtant would be since the "Get info about all flash drives" seems like being fully functional :loleverybody: is that you EXCLUDE from the listing those devices that present themselves as "Volume Size= No media" (these are card readers and although they do get a drive letter in Windows, they only create confusion).

The "Menu.lst->Show Embedded menu.lst" is currently not functional, in the sense that:
  • when you start the program the item is not checked
  • once you check it you cannot UNcheck it anymore
  • the menu.lst is nto actually "visible" you can only see a couple lines of it in the "MenuBar"

Don't worry :cheers: , notwithstanding the "pressure" some people may put on you, you have all the time in the world to develop this nice app. :whistling:

:cheers:
Wonko

#58 L A M A

L A M A

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 540 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:33 AM

Of course NOT :w00t: ....

Wonko

:rofl:

Hey Wonko, what do you think of THIS LINK. Are you going to try it?
basically i'm thinking to silence grub4dos's menu and make it auto load only one item.

You know, more like Chameleon\grub4dos.auto (this can.... at least have true color, theme-able, high resolution mode and gurb4dos as it's sub menu for my default boot ups...)

#59 ded

ded

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:27 PM

The installer should create also folders as:

• repository for actual "compiled" Gfxboots, I made \RIPPER-GFX\gfxbootS (and possibly copy to it a sample Gfxboot, I used @DED-LEGO@_v3.0)
  • repository for "projects", I made \RIPPER-GFX\Projects\

Of course it will.

You must find a way (checkbox in "Options" or something like that) to the effect of removing the "informative" popup with OK button (like the one that popups everytime you do "File->OpenGfxboot", after the first time (or maybe two for those a bit "tough" ;)) it becomes simply UNnerving! :(

Well. Nerves will be saved :cheers:

You miss a "File->Close", right now you need to exit the program if you want to load another gfxboot after closing current one (or if you prefer you cannot get to the same "initial situation" unless you Exit and restart the program).

Do not quite understand :unsure:

Generally speaking, are you sure it is a good idea to have Gfxboot files WITHOUT an extension?...

I thought about it, but gfxboot in general is not my product. In addition, many users are additionally packed gfxboot in gzip-archives.

I tried double clicking several times on the "LOGO" rectangle/button...

The "Menu.lst->Show Embedded menu.lst" is currently not functional, in the sense that:

• when you start the program the item is not checked
  • once you check it you cannot UNcheck it anymore
  • the menu.lst is nto actually "visible" you can only see a couple lines of it in the "MenuBar"

Some of the problems identified by you due to the fact that support for specific @DED-LEGO@ components not yet implemented. For example the panel "Menu" and "MenuBar" is now implemented in the style of classic gfxboot (not gfxboot @DED-LEGO@). At the time, now they are found, I recommend using for experiments on classical gfxboot (http://reboot.pro/7155/ ) from Bean123 :). In addition, you must specify "QEMU-device" with the *. lst files.

I can see a few little problems with "logic" :ph34r: , the "Flash->Check Flash Drive as "Current Flash" for QEMU" which actually creates a pop-up telling the user what the menu does, should simply be NOT there!
The title should be:
Imprtant would be since the "Get info about all flash drives" seems like being fully functional :cheers: is that you EXCLUDE from the listing those devices that present themselves as "Volume Size= No media" (these are card readers and although they do get a drive letter in Windows, they only create confusion).

It is interesting and should be considered :cheers:

#60 ded

ded

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:25 AM

...you cannot get to the same "initial situation" unless you Exit and restart the program...

Have you tried File/ReOpen gfxboot? Probably it is the solution of your problems... :)

#61 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:47 AM

Have you tried File/ReOpen gfxboot? Probably it is the solution of your problems... :merc:

Sure, but maybe I wasn't clear. :frusty:
  • When you open the app the first time no gfxboot is loaded. (this is normal :) )
  • Then you open a file. And you see it's contents, i.e. the file is Opened.(this is normal :heh: )
    Most apps (let's call it a "standard") have a "Close" feature.
  • Normally you can close the file and you are back to situation #1 (i.e. with the app loaded but NO file Opened), this is not possible with your app right now. :unsure:

If you re-open something you are in the same situation as #2 (with the same or other file opened).

It's not a problem at all, only a slightly non-standard behaviour that may confuse an user. :frusty:

If you prefer, most apps can have cycles that go:
1->2->3=1->2->3=1....
whilst currently yours can only do:
1->2=3->2=3 ...

Wonko

#62 L A M A

L A M A

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 540 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:42 AM

:) Wonko Post... #58

#63 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:10 AM

:) Wonko Post... #58

Why haven't you yet actually grasped the concept that this is not a §@ç#ing chat room? :frusty: :unsure:

This is a technical board, where most people try to talk about TOPICS.

PLEASE DO NOT hijack threads. :cheers:

You either:
  • start a new thread
  • post in a related thread

Go talking about dual booting (or whatever) somewhere else (hint :frusty:):
http://www.navarinou...in-lolcat-speak

:heh:

Wonko

#64 L A M A

L A M A

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 540 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:14 PM

That wasn't very nice was it?

:dubbio: It is related to thread title... since we were talking about "GFX" and grub4dos...

I was just talking about getting off "Atari" age GFX solution but clearly it seems you were you're in crappy mood :( last day? today? :cheers:

#65 Mr.Tran

Mr.Tran

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
    Vietnam

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:08 AM

how Use Numkey 1-9 to boot menu !! help me ???

#66 ded

ded

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:40 AM

how Use Numkey 1-9 to boot menu !! help me ???

1. Standard gfxboot: In the classic gfxboot from a respected Bean123 you need to specify
disable_num_key=1
in the file "gfxboot.cfg"

2. Gfxboot @DED-LEGO@ does not support this feature. However, the planned configurable hot keys. In other words, the user himself will be able to assign hot keys for menu items

#67 Mr.Tran

Mr.Tran

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
    Vietnam

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:09 AM

Gfxboot @DED-LEGO@, how assign hot keys for menu items. Can help me! Thank Ded

#68 ded

ded

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:07 AM

Gfxboot @DED-LEGO@, how assign hot keys for menu items. Can help me! Thank Ded

This is not yet implemented, this is only planned

#69 Mr.Tran

Mr.Tran

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
    Vietnam

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:04 AM

This is not yet implemented, this is only planned

wait to update "Gfxboot @DED-LEGO@" !! see you !.......

#70 Mr.Tran

Mr.Tran

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
    Vietnam

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:19 AM

A few words about the parameter

":30:s.logo.style"

That is what is planned:

This will be the new menu styles "AERO" and "Desktop"

Posted Image

... full size...

Posted Image

...watch on YouTube...

Ded Bro !!! Can Help me create it !???

#71 ded

ded

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 133 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:03 AM

Plans, plans, plans... Plans are great, but time is short. :cheers:

I am currently working on a basic module - program RIPPER-GFX with GUI. This is a shell for all utilities used in production and editing of gfxboot. :thumbsup:

The current version allows you to work with classical gfxboot (change the background image, font, edit the "gfxboot.cfg"). Later will be added support for working in WYSIWYG-style with all specific components of the gfxboot @DED-LEGO@. Kernel of the gfxboot @DED-LEGO@ (it is file init) will be included in RIPPER-GFX as embedded resource. This should allow create new gfxboot "from scratch".

I will be able to return to work on a new version of the gfxboot @DED-LEGO@ only after the realization of all of the above :rofl:

#72 spamtomas

spamtomas
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:10 PM

Excuse my ignorance as i am very new to this, but will gfxboot @ded-lego@ work within grub4dos.

Thanks

#73 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:25 PM

Excuse my ignorance as i am very new to this, but will gfxboot @ded-lego@ work within grub4dos.

Thanks

Yep, that's the idea.
gfxboot is one of the possible ways to "skin" grub4dos.
The problem is that it is very troublesome to configure it/change it.
"Normal" gfxboot, see here:
http://reboot.pro/7155/

Right now we have a couple "Gfxboot @DED-LEGO@" pre-configured, and some rudimentary ways to configure them, and the Author - time permitting - is putting together an "integrated" app to take care of the configuration/changes.
Think "Gfxboot @DED-LEGO@" as a "normal gfxboot" wirh more features.

Read this post:
http://reboot.pro/13437/page__st__47
that clears the general concepts/state of the tools.

:)
Wonko

#74 sniper100979

sniper100979
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:38 AM

Hello everybody,
At firt my english is very bad, sorry for this.
I´ve got many problems with the technical entries in the menu.lst.
when i write following in the menu.lst, i recieve an error when i boot from my usb-drive:

title [ded0000]
:99:=1 :02:=315 :03:=90 :12:=730 :13:=90
root (hd0,0)

title [ded0000]
:42:=315 :43:=110 :41:=11 :54:=475
root (hd0,0)
Error:
Posted Image

Who can say what the problem is and how i can fix this.
i´ll need also the ded-set.exe where i can download it?

USB-Drive Data:
USB: 3.0
Size: 32 GB
Format: ntfs
Loader: grub4dos
gfxboot: @ded-lego@ renamed to "message"

I´ll hope anybody can help me....

Edited by sniper100979, 06 October 2011 - 08:41 AM.

#75 ded

ded

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:29 PM

1. Do you change any of "back*.jpg" on your own?
2. Was made the record in the "menu.lst" file ...

title [ded0000]
:99:=1 :02:=315 :03:=90 :12:=730 :13:=90
root (hd0,0)

... in three lines or two?
3. How many "title" commands are in "menu.lst"? And how many of these are "technical"?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users