#26 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:36 PM

Yes, it does on local iso, I could not get it to work from network mounted share. Will need to re-test when back at work to see if that is the case or if it was user error (which always is a possibility)

sebus

And  you never said anything till now about this trifling detail. :whistling:

:duff:

Wonko

#27 sebus

sebus

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:04 PM

Because it should not really make any difference, still not sure it does (till I can test it again)

#28 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:58 PM

Because it should not really make any difference, still not sure it does (till I can test it again)

Whether it should make a difference or not is - it seems to me - to be found out.

I was only pointing out that it is you that are having an issue, and you are here asking for help/support, and since you are an experienced enough member of the board you should be aware that the more info you provide, even if apparently not related, the better since it may be useful in pinpointing the problem.

I simply hate it when several posts are needed to wrath info out of people asking for support. :frusty:

http://homepage.ntlw...ard-litany.html

:duff:

Wonko

• sebus likes this

#29 sebus

sebus

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 363 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 03:40 PM

Well, sometimes too much info is also not good (as there is too much attention paid to something that is not relevant... just because it is there)

Run my network tests to day & the result is (un)expected

imdisk can mount network based iso just fine... UNLESS share is on ReFS volume

In that case the filesystem of the mounted iso is not recognized by imdisk (and not accessible by the client)

Seems that it is exactly the same behaviour as in previously mentioned OsrVirtualCdAndDisk driver

I also seen an issue with Veeam restore & ReFS share (even they did not want to confirm it, I did not care to pusue it, used personal workaround)

Seems that this filesystem is troubling for other software

sebus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users