#76 michaeltheclyde

michaeltheclyde

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:women, music and women, in that order
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:20 AM

what a bunch of whining little girls who need their panties pulled down and spanked.
nuno why didn't you stop this crap months ago?

Edited by mchldpy, 10 March 2011 - 11:32 AM.

#77 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:33 PM

At the time I just opted to let netizens speak their mind. It had worked in previous years, but in 2010 this brought down our community.

Boot Land was rebooted to the present format you see today and the rules changed, especially about administrator intervention to prevent conflicts from escalating.

A blog post from that time: http://goo.gl/TAKx6

It is easy to criticize, but Buster chosen the hard way and shared his work regardless of some unfair critics. So, he has my respect and I will ensure that this type of situations is not repeated in the future.

#78 Agent_Smith

Agent_Smith

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 May 2011 - 06:45 AM

Wow.. This thread really degenerated quick.

Buster's tool is extremely useful, and Sandboxie is very safe and useful (even in the free version). I've never seen anyone get so worked up over free tools before.

I was looking forward to reading this, but it was ruined pretty quick. I wish people kept more of an open mind.

#79 Buster_BSA

Buster_BSA

• Developer
  • 57 posts
  •  
    Spain

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:18 PM

How many users are interested in a review/guide of Buster Sandbox Analyzer?

I finished adding the last feature I had on the TO-DO list and soon I will have some free time, so depending of the amount of users interested I may write it.

#80 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

How many users are interested in a review/guide of Buster Sandbox Analyzer?

Beetween 37 and 42 last time I checked.

Are they enough to get another episode? :unsure:

Sorry if I seem sarcastic, basically it is because I am sarcastic ;).

Come on, can you imagine Dante Alighieri asking if anyone was interested to his Divine Comedy BEFORE he wrote it? :w00t:
Or Leo Tolstoj before writing War and Peace? ;)

Seriously, the only one for which I can vouch is myself:
Wonko the Sane would be VERY interested. :rofl:

:cheers:
Wonko

#81 Buster_BSA

Buster_BSA

• Developer
  • 57 posts
  •  
    Spain

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:40 PM

Released Buster Sandbox Analyzer 1.33.

Changes:

+ Added a feature to run BSA from command line in automatic mode
+ Added Exeinfo support
+ Added extra information of dropped files
+ Updated BSA.DAT
+ Updated LOG_API
+ Fixed a bug

#82 Buster_BSA

Buster_BSA

• Developer
  • 57 posts
  •  
    Spain

Posted 21 May 2011 - 02:50 PM

Come on, can you imagine Dante Alighieri asking if anyone was interested to his Divine Comedy BEFORE he wrote it? :ph34r:
Or Leo Tolstoj before writing War and Peace? :thumbsup:

I already wrote my own "Divive Comedy" or "War and Peace", and I called it Buster Sandbox Analyzer. :ph34r:

What we are talking here if it´s worth writing a guide to follow it.

#83 me4833

me4833

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:31 PM

"How many users are interested in a review/guide of Buster Sandbox Analyzer?"

You can count me in too......

You are doing a GREAT service to all the THINKING people who use SandboxIE!

There will always be nut cases our there making noises...

Again THANKS...

#84 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:39 PM

What we are talking here if it´s worth writing a guide to follow it.

And as said, IMHO it is.

:D
Wonko

#85 Buster_BSA

Buster_BSA

• Developer
  • 57 posts
  •  
    Spain

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:59 PM

Released Buster Sandbox Analyzer 1.34.

Changes:

+ Added a feature to copy/move processed files in automatic mode
+ Added a feature to export RegHive to .REG format
+ Updated LOG_API
+ Removed HideDriver
+ Fixed a bug

#86 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:23 AM

Hi Buster,

Would you please update the first thread of this topic with a link to your site and a log of the latest changes as soon as possible?

Today I am mentioning your tool on the weekly newsletter and this would help visitors to know where they can find your tool.

Thanks.

#87 Buster_BSA

Buster_BSA

• Developer
  • 57 posts
  •  
    Spain

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:47 AM

Done, and thanks for the review!

#88 Holmes.Sherlock

Holmes.Sherlock

Gold Member

• Team Reboot
  • 1444 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:16 PM

@
Buster_BSA

Here are peace loving, curious netizens, too. One of them is waiting for the next release of your guide.
Posted Image

#89 Buster_BSA

Buster_BSA

• Developer
  • 57 posts
  •  
    Spain

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:32 PM

@
Buster_BSA

Here are peace loving, curious netizens, too. One of them is waiting for the next release of your guide.
Posted Image

Just right now I was thinking about writing a new guide, from scratch. For this I would need the help from forum admin because if I do it, I want to do it my way.

I thought about creating a thread only for the guide, where I am the only user member that can post. For questions, suggestions, etc we could use this thread.

Why this? Because if I must write a complete guide and then post it, I will not do it, but if I post every few days adding new information, then I would feel in the mood to do it.

Other reason: if the thread contains user posts, the information will not be avaible in a sequencial way and it will be more difficut to follow.

Nuno: Is the opening of a thread like that possible?

#90 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:38 PM

Nuno: Is the opening of a thread like that possible?

I didn't tell you anything, but I had requested you to edit the first topic and this was not possible since you were a member with less than 100 posts and restricted from editing old topics (we impose this restriction to prevent spammers from adding links after a topic is not longer visible).

To solve the situation, I promoted your account to the status of developer to enable such edits, congratulations! :thumbup:

The developer "power" allows you to close your own topics so that no "normal" users respond. What you propose is currently employed by Olof (developer of imdisk): http://reboot.pro/2148/ and he didn't even needed to close his thread since the past 4 years.

As developer, you can also move unwanted topics from your discussions. I would just suggest that you create a new topic for readers to place feedback from your guide. Handy for reporting typos and additional thoughts.

This concept is applied in projects such as this one: http://reboot.pro/13068/

:cheers:

#91 Buster_BSA

Buster_BSA

• Developer
  • 57 posts
  •  
    Spain

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:40 PM

That´s great. I will follow your suggestions. :thumbup:

#92 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:46 PM

If you agree: I am open to the idea of creating a forum section specially dedicated to Buster sandbox inside the current Antivirus section: http://reboot.pro/forum/87/ in a near future.

You have been supporting this tool for a significant time and it is useful to our community. We could also open the forum section at virusremoval.pro but it stands with better odds of growth on this side of the web.

Do keep working and we'll see if the activity proves that we'll have enough topics related to Buster that justify seeing them placed at its own section.

Take care!

#93 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:47 PM

To solve the situation, I promoted your account to the status of developer to enable such edits, congratulations! :thumbup:

Congratulations, too :cheers:

Peter

#94 Buster_BSA

Buster_BSA

• Developer
  • 57 posts
  •  
    Spain

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:53 PM

If you agree: I am open to the idea of creating a forum section specially dedicated to Buster sandbox inside the current Antivirus section: http://reboot.pro/forum/87/ in a near future.

At the moment let´s keep the threads here. In the future we could consider moving them.

You have been supporting this tool for a significant time and it is useful to our community.

Before start coding BSA I didn´t use glasses. Now I need them to be in front of computer. That gives an idea of the time and efforts I dedicated to this project.

Do keep working and we'll see if the activity proves that we'll have enough topics related to Buster that justify seeing them placed at its own section.

Agreeded.

#95 JAS8

JAS8
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Guatemala

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:06 PM

Buster,

I'm also one of the silent majority that stayed out of the wars (You don't know how many times I wanted to jump in!)
Hopefully we will finally get to see what you have wanted to say for a long time. I would like to know if you have something for me. It might be your program, or just some of the ideas. So far that's not been possible.

So, speak on, hopefully without all the comments ahead of time. Please post a link here if it is actually decided to move elsewhere.

Gracias, Señor.

#96 Buster_BSA

Buster_BSA

• Developer
  • 57 posts
  •  
    Spain

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

Buster,

I'm also one of the silent majority that stayed out of the wars (You don't know how many times I wanted to jump in!)
Hopefully we will finally get to see what you have wanted to say for a long time. I would like to know if you have something for me. It might be your program, or just some of the ideas. So far that's not been possible.

So, speak on, hopefully without all the comments ahead of time. Please post a link here if it is actually decided to move elsewhere.

Gracias, Señor.

IMHO Buster Sandbox Analyzer has really interesting stuff to give, specially thanks to a few features I added recently.

You will have to have patience because BSA is not a tool that can be explained in one day, at least if you want to manage all the power it can offer.

I will open a thread that will be the guide to the tool and following Nuno´s advice I will create a new topic for readers to place feedback from the guide and the tool. That means this thread should be abandonware soon.

Gracias a ti también. Lo de Señor queda demasiado formal. :thumbup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users