File Name: RawReg
File Submitter: Nuno Brito
File Submitted: 05 Dec 2011
File Updated: 06 Dec 2011
File Category: Security
RawReg allows to edit offline Windows NT registry hives.
It can be used (for example) to edit BCD hives, NTUSER, software and many other registry hives found inside Windows NT (2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, ...)
This tool provides information about the physical offset position of each registry key on the hive file, a very handy feature if you are debugging a registry hive with the aid of an hexadecimal editor.
What can it do?
- Browse the hive structure
- Edit the data on values
- Change the title of values
- Show a map with information of data inside each bin
- Show details about physical offset of any given key
Please note that unlike any other raw registry editors, this is the only program that can really add more data onto a given registry hive and manage the bin space properly. In the past, people were limited to only change data on keys that needed to have the exact same size, there are no such restrictions here and many things can be added - post your requests and I'll see if they can be included.
Requests and bug fixes
This tool is available "as is". With so many things going on at the same time, it is not possible to add extra features or correct reported defects. My apologies.
What is the advantage of not using Win32 API?
- No need to load a hive into the local registry
- Overcome any security restrictions imposed by Win32 API
- Works on every Windows platform (from Windows 9x all the way up to Vista)
- No UAC restrictions regarding hive load without administrator permissions
- More features can be added in the future.
Click here to download this file