isostick updater

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CyberSlug

CyberSlug
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

I have one of the isosticks purchased from the first Amazon sale on October 20, 2012.  When I first got my isostick, I was able to update the firmware using isostick updater r63.  However, I have not been able to update the firmware for the past few months.

Isostick updater (including latest version r71) shows "Service Code:  unknown" when my isostick is attached.  I have tried the updater on multiple comptuers (32-bit XP and 7, 64-bit 7, etc.) with full admin rights.  I have also tried reinstalling isostick updater and always am sure to allow "Elegant Invention, LLC. Ports (COM & LPT..." for installation.

ISOstick boots fine on the comptuers that support it.  Computer boot screens show the following at the bottom:

isostick revC/01617   Service Code: 5c4d-873d-9bde-60f9

Please let me know what I can do to update the firmware.  Thanks

#2 elegantinvention

elegantinvention

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 310 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

Hi, please be sure you are following the directions here: http://isostick.com/...e-update-guide/

Most importantly, be sure you are pressing the reset button on the isostick while it is plugged in -- this puts it in update mode.

#3 CyberSlug

CyberSlug
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

Hi, please be sure you are following the directions here: http://isostick.com/...e-update-guide/

Most importantly, be sure you are pressing the reset button on the isostick while it is plugged in -- this puts it in update mode.

Oops, I was overlooking that step.  The instructions worked perfectly.  Thank you very much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users