zedde
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:40 AM

Hello

Don't know if this has been up.
The mobile version of the forum look good but its still web browser based.

Any plans to add tapatalk ?

Rgd Daniel

#2 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:00 PM

Would this disable our current mobile version to phone users?

Right now everyone can access from a phone without needing to buy tapatalk.

#3 zedde

zedde
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:49 PM

Don't think so, you don't need to buy the app read but to post you need. I guess the devs for the app . You could check out this page http://www.swedroid.se/forum/ in your phone , the have added tapatalk

#4 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:54 PM

Time to try. Don't have network on my cellphone right now but will try to check.

Ideally, I would like to maintain the current mobile access available, while also allowing users with the tapatalk to browse the topics here.

#5 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:47 PM

Hi again,

I've just tried visiting the Swedish droid forum and the tapatalk application costs 2 euros to be installed. There is no free version available to just read the site without costs.

I guess we'll just continue with the current option. The only thing that I miss on the mobile skin is to see recent topics. Other than that, it is not optimal, but it is free.

#6 zedde

zedde
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:02 PM

I'll take it again ( thought I just posted )

Well there should be a frees version for both Android and iPhone, for the other phones I can't say.
In the end it's up to you guy's

Thanks for taking the time to look into it.

Rgd

Daniel

#7 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:12 AM

No problem. It is always nice to improve the forum conditions whenever possible. Just too bad that they moved away the free version from the Android market.

I'm sure that within some time other alternatives will be available for free. If you find one that you like, let us know to give it a try too.

:cheers:

#8 zedde

zedde
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:16 AM

You are right, they have removed it :cheers:

#9 shizzle01

shizzle01

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
    North Korea

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:48 PM

Hi there,

I second the request! I don't know Nuno where you got the ridiculously ...unintelligent.. idea from that tapatalk would deactivate any of the forums mobile access options??
Just register this ...forum with them and we're done!!

You really don't know what you are talking about, because not only can you access the forum through Safari and 3rd party browsers like Mercury, but there is also a FREE IP.Board iPhone app (sure for Android too) which you can use! Tapatalk has loads more functionality & makes everything more centralized & convenient!
It is ridiculous how you assume you can preemptively be assured of the users wishes! I didn't buy tapatalk because of this forum, nor would I. But I needed it in the past & now that I have it, why not also use it here? Please.

Thank you in advance! :happy_dance:

PS: I use the IP.Board app right now to write this. Which I only had to install for this forum. Imagine I had to do this for every forum (software)! That is why there is tapatalk, as I already got enough (250) apps on here.

#10 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:53 PM

Amd I thought that people from North Korea :wodoo: would have been busy fixing their encrypted systems.... :happy_dance:

... I wonder where they take the time to play with smartphones in order to criticize the decisions/choices of the board owner... :worship:

Why don't you make a poll here? :unsure::
http://reboot.pro/forum/37/

Noone will care about the results of the poll, but at least we would have some data. :(

:cheers:
Wonko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users