#26 oriensol

oriensol

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 216 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 28 June 2010 - 01:32 PM

what Main Distribution language of Windows 7 you are using?
if you have en-US version with additional language pack installed (MUI or LIP), it will not change to additional language.
My_7PE will detect Main distribution language only.

can you post the contents of "international_stg.txt"?

Here's the file content of international_stg.txt. I don't see the Region, etc. changed appropriately, though what I see in this file is what I would expect to see. [Edited] The clock or TimeZone changes but the Region and Locale don't.

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version&#58; 6.1.7100.0</P> <P>Image Version&#58; 6.1.7100.0</P> <P>Reporting offline international settings.</P> <P>Default system UI language &#58; en-US

System locale &#58; en-US

Default time zone &#58; India Standard Time

User locale for default user &#58; en-US

Location &#58; United States &#40;GEOID = 244&#41;

Active keyboard&#40;s&#41; &#58; 0409&#58;00000409

Keyboard layered driver &#58; PC/AT Enhanced Keyboard &#40;101/102-Key&#41;</P> <P>Installed language&#40;s&#41;&#58; en-US

Type &#58; Fully localized language.</P> <P>The operation completed successfully.

#27 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:18 PM

@jaclaz, ups, i mean wonko

topic edited as required

You know how much I am picky :cheers:, jaclaz might have required, Wonko only suggested or proposed. B)

:fine:
Wonko

#28 coyotyl

coyotyl
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:The great outdoors. But I just got a pc a while back and now have a new interest 180 degrees from my 1st love! (I wannabe a geek!).
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:49 PM

Thanks for sharing what you have learned with us! Looking forward to x64 version. Keep it up!

#29 yahweh

yahweh

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    Yemen

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:11 PM

Another question B)

How can i add additional keyboard text input language during building windows 7 pe ?

#30 tsetya

tsetya

• Advanced user
  • 52 posts
  •  
    Indonesia

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:11 AM

Here's the file content of international_stg.txt. I don't see the Region, etc. changed appropriately, though what I see in this file is what I would expect to see. [Edited] The clock or TimeZone changes but the Region and Locale don't.

because Dism unable to get "user locale" for online image (running Windows 7), i make "user locale" (and location) setting following the "system locale". you can try to change your pc "system locale" to your location before build windows 7 PE, then windows PE settings (user, system and location) will be set to your location.

@yahweh

it seems the code failed to detect "default input locale" if more than 1 input locale are installed. i will fix for next release.
or you can try to change input locale manually.
mount image using "advance mode", launch command prompt with following command
dism /image&#58;path-to-mounted-image-here /set-inputlocale&#58;xx-XX
xx-XX is four letter code of your country, like en-US for english US.
then umount and save image.

#31 yahweh

yahweh

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    Yemen

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:50 AM

Thanks tsetya waiting for next release :fine:

#32 TheOldMan

TheOldMan
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 04:54 PM

This my first post, I am very new to all this

Thanks for this fantastic batch file, I have no problem adding drivers, and it has run on 7 different computers without fault, but I am confused as to how to add my portable apps, Ghost and Gdisk are my main requirements any help would be greatly appreciated

#33 littlepoor

littlepoor

• Advanced user
  • 52 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 03 July 2010 - 12:00 PM

please use the updated version of the keyboard layout changer

Forum Location (version history)

and thanks for your project

#34 tsetya

tsetya

• Advanced user
  • 52 posts
  •  
    Indonesia

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:37 PM

My_7PE.cmd has been updated

update notes:
1. Add option to integrate acronis true image 11 for distribution:
- Seagate DiscWizard
- Maxtor MaxBlast 5
- Acronis WD Edition
- Acronis True Image Home 11

2. Add option to integrate UltraIso with 2 Virtual Drive

notes: UltraIso Virtual Drive can be use to install Windows NT6 family (Vista/Server 2008/Seven) from iso file.
3. Add zip file support
4. Add option to create iso file

screenshot:
Posted Image

#35 Cooperdale

Cooperdale

• Deactivated
  • 18 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:32 PM

Excellent! You truly did a great job.

There's one thing I was wondering about: I need a PE installation allowing me to run an antivirus (any good antivirus) and Acronis True Image 11. Is there a way to add an antivirus with your pe script?

#36 yahweh

yahweh

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    Yemen

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:04 AM

Is there a way to make Windows 7 PE boot from flash ?

#37 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:06 PM

Is there a way to make Windows 7 PE boot from flash ?

YES. :thumbup:
http://homepages.tes...no-answers.html

Heck, a good 1/3 of the board is about booting from ANY Mass Storage device known to mankind (including Windows 7 based builds)!

No matter how fancy they are named, all PE projects based on Windows 7 fall in the category of PE 3.x:
  • PE 1.x Windows XP or Server 2003 based
  • PE 2.x Vista :( or Server 2008 based
  • Pe 3.x Windows 7 based

Since actually the booting mechanism of a PE 3.x is the same of a PE 2.x, there are probably a few tens of threads about booting a PE 2.x or 3.x "from flash" (I presume you are talking about an USB flash pendrive or "stick").

Just take your time searching, browsing and reading on the board. :thumbup:

:cheers:
Wonko

#38 yahweh

yahweh

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    Yemen

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:33 PM

YES. :cheers:
http://homepages.tes...no-answers.html

Heck, a good 1/3 of the board is about booting from ANY Mass Storage device known to mankind (including Windows 7 based builds)!

No matter how fancy they are named, all PE projects based on Windows 7 fall in the category of PE 3.x:

• PE 1.x Windows XP or Server 2003 based
  • PE 2.x Vista :( or Server 2008 based
  • Pe 3.x Windows 7 based

Since actually the booting mechanism of a PE 3.x is the same of a PE 2.x, there are probably a few tens of threads about booting a PE 2.x or 3.x "from flash" (I presume you are talking about an USB flash pendrive or "stick").

Just take your time searching, browsing and reading on the board. :thumbup:

:cheers:
Wonko

:thumbup:

#39 hkemperor

hkemperor
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Hong Kong

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:25 PM

i upload it as zip still 5/41 at virustotal detected it as virus.

for My_7PE.cmd batch command itself it is clean

http://www.virustota...603d-1277489647

Has it really contained virus?

#40 Cooperdale

Cooperdale

• Deactivated
  • 18 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:43 PM

No it's a false positive.

#41 Grenade44

Grenade44
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:05 AM

Great Script Thank you.

Got a couple of problems, im not sure if im adding the drivers correctly and i cant get the wifi to work, What am I doing wrong?

Can you add thing to the start menu?

#42 mdgal

mdgal
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Indonesia

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:20 AM

Thank's :thumbup:

#43 allgames71

allgames71

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
    Hong Kong

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:40 PM

Every Windows 7 has equipped with Windows PE (Winre) as a recovery tools that can be access from install DVD, recovery folder or system repair cd.
All those Winre image are the same image except start with different shell.

Windows 7 also has Dism to mount/unmount wim image, all of that resources (winre and dism) can be use to build custom Windows 7 PE without downloading WAIK.

I made a batch command to build custom Windows 7 PE using winre image, mount wim image using dism, add additional file/registry, save wim image and create bootable ufd using diskpart to be used with Windows 7 PE.
it has additional tasks also to make back up entry of installed Windows 7 so you can use UFD to boot current windows 7.
more details about build process can be read in readme.txt
limitations:
-My_7PE can only be run on windows 7 or windows 7 PE
-My_7PE support WIndows 7 32 bit only
My_7PE tested on Windows 7 en-US only, but it supposed to automatically detect distribution language and international settings, please let me know if does not work for others distribution languages.

Due to similarity of build processes with Wimb's Make_PE3, i use packages/file list and registry from Make_PE3. thanks to Wimb for his great effort :cheers:
credits goes to Wimb and others original author :cheers:

here some screenshots My_7PE running some portable apps
(notes: portables apps are not included, you can add portable apps to ufd and manage using pstart)
Posted ImagePosted Image

My_7PE has been updated, see post #34
Download My_7PE from here :
http://www.mediafire.com/?wwokx3adrnw
feedback and corrections and wellcome.

@Wimb, i add some more registry tweak/fix, you can take a look if it is needs for your build.

Thanks tsetya for your posting of the batch files. It's a nice and simply to make a Win7PE with my national language. I think this can support multi-language. I use Traditional Chinese Ultimate Win7 and my Win7PE is Traditional Chinese interface. It's really great. That means, if I make it in a Korean Win7, then the Win7PE will be with Korean interface. I haven't test it, I will, but I'm quite sure it will.

Also I can add a lot of programs in "Program Files" and place the corresponding shortcut on desktop. It's fantastic.

Unfortunately, I found an unhappy bug in it. When I boot up the Win7PE to desktop. Then I plug-in my usb harddisk, either "Computer" or "Explorer" can't show out my usb harddisk. My 160GB usb harddisk has two partitions. But when I netvigate the "Disk Management", it shows my 160GB usb harddisk with i: and j: The question is why "Computer" and "Explorer" even refresh or reopen will still can't reconize my 160GB usb harddisk. I start with Norton Ghost, Explorer++, Partition Management Tools ....., they all can find and show my usb harddisk. Is that strange ?!

On the other way, I plug-in my 160GB usb harddisk and reboot the Win7PE. This time with a fresh reboot, of course, "Computer" and "Explorer" and show my 160GB usb harddisk with i: and j: (label with 160A and 160B respectively) .... But when I unplug my 160GB usb harddisk, the i: and j: 's label return to "local disk" with an "exclamation" sign next to them. When I close and reopen the Explorer, the i: and j: still exist!! It means they can't be refreshed automatically.

Actually there's still 2 way can explorer my 160GB usb harddisk's i: and j: .....

1. Netvigate the "Disk Manager", on the top portion, right click on the i: and choose "explorer", then an explorer windows with i: and j: shows out.

2. In the DOS Prompt, I type "explorer i:", then also an explorer windows with i: and j: shows out.

The problem seems to be solved. But I think it's very inconvenient and troublesome. To you sir, it may be a minor some missing to add on the registry. And the size of this registry may be very small that may not affect the Win7PE.ISO size very much.

I don't mean here to point out mistakes, I really hope that you can solve this problem and post that out again for me and the others. Frankly speaking, you are really great and have paid a lot of effort on your batch file. Many thanks and thanks.

#44 McR

McR
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:54 PM

Hi,
I boot 7PE from USB and install proper drivers.
It looks nice in device manager, and I now want to keep the chance for the next boot.
Anyway to do that?

Can I install directX on it?
Can I have dotnet framework 2 on it?

Thanks,
McR

#45 cool400

cool400
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:33 PM

Wow - this is really cool stuff!!!

Since I stopped working on BartPE I recognized that there is a lot of developement of Live-CDs.

I tried this script on my Windows 7 x64 (yes, I know it shouldn't work!) and got a partial success. When booting the ISO I get a command-window saying that the file "winpeshl.ini" is present but that no commands could be started successfully. It also says that the possible causes are wrong formatting of that the name of an executable file is wrong.
If I type "explorer" in this command-window, the windows explorer starts and I can see the desktop!

I'm not able to start PEShell, Explorer++ or PENetwork (it says that the subsystem for this system-image is missing) nor the IE (nothing happens), but all other applications seem to work.

Is there a chance that your script could be modified to work on x64-machines also?

I really appreciate your good work - keep on with it!!!

Best regards

Mischa

#46 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:09 PM

Is there a chance that your script could be modified to work on x64-machines also?

That's the reason why X86 only was added to the title:
http://www.boot-land...?...11801&st=14

to avoid having people testing it on x64 and later asking for having a x64 version made....:(

On the other hand the "parallel" program by wimb:
http://www.boot-land...?...c=11852&hl=
has x64 support, though not yet completely working as in the 32 bit version.

:(
Wonko

#47 ripcord

ripcord
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:07 AM

Great work!
Judgin by your print screen it looks like you need another screen! :(
keep up the good work though

#48 Bernhard-BL

Bernhard-BL

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:20 AM

tsetya - with superior ease to handle, good work

thank you :(

#49 sara - pmedia

sara - pmedia

Frequent Member

• Lady
  • 184 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:35 PM

Thanks so much for the wonderful application :( For the first time I can easily make a win7pe in Hebrew Without errors and problems.
I have some questions:

1. Is it just me? or the final file is a bit heavy from the other projects of the win7pe? its take more time to load thane other winbiulder 7pe...
2. Unlike all the other bartpe,winxpe ect... here in win7pe all the system is in the wim archive and is need to load to ram at startup ...
What's this? You can not run the wim without loading to ram?
for example What happens if I add a lot of software and drivers to it (like my ubcd4win its 4.7gb full portable tools and drivers), file can then get size of up to 2 GB and then of course impossible to load it.... is there a way to add files to the win7pe without inset them to the wim? (I tried to edit the iso after create and to add files to the root off the iso, but when i boot it cannot find them)
3. On two virtual machines I tried audio device does not work, why?
Is it a matter of drivers? if yes maby you can take some tips from "NaughtyPE - The Multimedia PE" they have set off most sound cards and universal video driver.

thanks again for your work!! :(

#50 ndra ncs

ndra ncs
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Indonesia

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:54 AM

Salam kenal dulu gan,

Langsung aja deh, bener juga tuh kalau kita tambahin banyak aplikasi ke WIM image-nya maka jumlah RAM yang dibutuhkan meningkat juga.
Kalau bisa ditambah kemampuan layaknya winbuild, yang bisa mengakses Program Files yang ada di CD.

Juga mengenai UFD atau USB-HDD, seperti salah satu Reply sebelumnya yang mana tidak langsung otomatis muncul ketika kita colokin, begitu juga sebaliknya ketika sejak awal booting kita colokin pas di Safety Remove, drive letter-nya masih muncul.

Nah segitu dulu Reply dari Ane.

Semangat!!! Dan Tetap Maju!!!

Salam Kemerdekaan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users