taskbar color custom background

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 Aeolis

Aeolis

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:I am just trying to learn and help.
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:49 PM

Hello folks,

I have done a further research about the subject of this thread and found the following:

1) I found inside my PE build registry the following references to the custom wallpaper the Wallpaper script made:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\General]
"TileWallpaper"="0"
"WallpaperStyle"="2"
"WallpaperSource"="X:\\Windows\\System32\\winpe.jpg"

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\General]
"TileWallpaper"="0"
"WallpaperStyle"="2"

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\General]
"TileWallpaper"="0"
"WallpaperStyle"="2"

It seems that all these references are not enough to make my system boot from the beginning with the custom wallpaper.

2) I have found just one reference to the wallpaper my PE is booting with (setup.bmp) which is:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinPE]
"Version"="3.1"
"InstRoot"="X:\\"
"CustomBackground"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,\
00,6f,00,74,00,25,00,5c,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,\
5c,00,73,00,65,00,74,00,75,00,70,00,2e,00,62,00,6d,00,70,00,00,00

"SkipWaitForNetwork"=dword:00000001
"SetComputerName"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinPE\OC]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinPE\OC\Microsoft-WinPE-Setup]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinPE\OC\Microsoft-WinPE-Setup-Client]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinPE\OC\Microsoft-WinPE-WMI]
"1. Register CIMWIM32"="%systemroot%\\system32\\wbem\\cimwin32.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinPE\OC\Microsoft-WinPE-WSH]
"1. Register WSHOM"="%systemroot%\\system32\\wshom.ocx"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinPE\UGC]
"Microsoft-Windows-TCPIP"=hex(7):6e,00,65,00,74,00,69,00,6f,00,75,00,67,00,63,\
00,2e,00,65,00,78,00,65,00,20,00,2d,00,6f,00,6e,00,6c,00,69,00,6e,00,65,00,\

The bold registry entry (CustomBackground) is pointing to the setup.bmp file (sorry, but regedit exported this entry in hex format).

So I finally come to the conclusion that we just need to add the custom wallpaper created with the Wallpaper script into this registry entry. So I kindly ask developers to include this registry entry in the Wallpaper script.

Best regards,

Aeolis

P.S.: To prove my point I have tried to use the RegEdit feature under the Utils tab inside WinBuilder to edit the aforementioned registry entry to point to my custom wallpaper, but everytime I try that the RegEdit utility ends with the error message "unable to mount...". Here is the log file: http://www.mediafire...c34jgdcma305jf2

Help?!

#27 Aeolis

Aeolis

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 145 posts
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:17 PM

Hello folks,

Well, I did not very different, but it worked now. Here is the log file for this working build: http://www.mediafire...ym8jk9i0y9zw8on

I hope you can figure out what did the trick, because I didn't. Well, the problem with the RegEdit script is still there (I have mentioned it before). Could you help me with this problem too?

Best regards,

Aeolis

#28 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:19 PM

OK, Given the above, something else is going on...The settings above should be more than enough to make this work. In fact, I took you jpg, and set wallpaper like you have it set, and on an X64 host, building an X64 source, it WORKED !! I didn't change the display script from what I use, so will try that now...

OK, that also worked...

In looking at the latest log, it still looks like you are using mounted access to the source, and that you named the directory "[imagens]"...While the use of the mount AND the use of the "[" and "]" in the directory path should NOT make a difference, you can never tell, and it is unusual!

So, PLEASE try the following...

Name the location of the DVD copy to NOT have the funny characters...they are used too often to indicate the start of a section name in an INI file and also in the log file...So, just to be safe, let's name it

F:Win7_x86
In other words, put it OUTSIDE the project base, and at the root of the drive.

NEXT, go into the project and go to the UTILS folder and select the Extract WIM Folders script and follow the steps there. You should already have source set to new location, and allow it to detect best, etc. This will expand the WIM files used, and will make additional runs faster in the long run.

Finally, Go get the download pointed to below. It has my log file AND my winbuilder INI file that has all the debug settings (and turns off time output). You can use this to be able to compare your log with mine (and I can also compare your log with mine). I turned off all the apps and unnecessary items so we can figure this out.

http://www.mediafire...bsnoaal588kkb8d

:cheers:
Scott

Edited by sbaeder, 15 November 2011 - 05:56 PM.
add more..

#29 Aeolis

Aeolis

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 145 posts
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:44 PM

Hello folks,

Thank you sbaeder. Now everything is fine. The Wallpaper script is working as expected and I am able to edit my build using the RegEdit script as usual. Thank you again for the suggestion of using the Extract Win Folders script, it really speed up things!

I have kept all my settings as usual except for the Extract Win Folders script and now everything is working fine.

Here is the log file from my latest build: http://www.mediafire...yi5xp748b3fvc1n

Best regards,

Aeolis

#30 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:36 PM

Good to hear that this "fixed" it, but not sure why exactly unless somehow the wrong version of the WIM tools was being used on an SP1 source...

But, bottom line - you are running OK, and that is most important! I may look over (again) the older log to see if I notice anything...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users