Photo
- - - - -

Win7PE lack inbox driver-mshidkmdf.sys

inbox driver driver mshidkmdf in-the-box hid hidclass win7pe winpe3.1 inbox touch screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 terrywen

terrywen
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

These days, I build Win7PE to do some experiment on my AIO machine, and the problem is the touch screen did not work.

After Installing the driver "Next Window Voltron" , the touch screen could not work yet.

Need to clarify that "Next Window Voltron" is the standard driver for the machine, because if return to the Win7 OS platform, the touch screen work perfectly.

Then I checked the inf file from "Next Window Voltron" driver package, and found some info below

;
; Voltron is the function driver BUT
; inbox mshidkmdf shim is the upper filter
;
[NWVoltron.Inst.Win7.NT.HW]
AddReg = NWVoltron_Parameters.Win7.AddReg

[NWVoltron_Parameters.Win7.AddReg]
HKR,,"UpperFilters",0x00010000,"mshidkmdf"

Some Driver mshidkmdf.sys must be needed, but I couldn't find it anywhere in win7pe. but the same driver can be found in windows\system32\drivers under win7 platform..

So seems that the driver mshidkmdf.sys is the key point.

Considering the driver mshidkmdf.sys is inbox driver, I don't know how to extract it and how to install it to win7pe.

Could somebody help me?

#2 carloscape

carloscape

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 108 posts
  •  
    Honduras

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

Have you tried using the Driver Integration plugin that comes with Win7PESE?

#3 terrywen

terrywen
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:40 AM

Carloscape, Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I do use the Driver Integration plugin function, the problem is Driver mshidkmdf is inbox driver, there is no any inf file provided to us, so I have no method to install it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: inbox driver, driver, mshidkmdf, in-the-box, hid, hidclass, win7pe, winpe3.1, inbox, touch screen

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users