3 replies to this topic

#1 RogerOnTesting

RogerOnTesting
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:15 PM

After using the PDF of a step by step guide for Windows 7 PE, which I can provide if the need arises (although it's on this forum) everything was going well until I hit the blue button and tried to build my disc; when I did, I got an error and it aborted the process. Log file is provided at the following URL: http://www.mediafire...d3adiik49wpibj3 Any assistance is appreciated; This is my first time trying to use WinBuilder, but otherwise I am competent and literate with any instructions you may be able to provide. Thank you in advance for any help anybody could be.

#2 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:59 PM

Could be something "simple"...on the images configuration script did you change anything? Looks like this is updated over and beyone the current 7-22 version of the project, since it has the big warnings to upload logs!!!

Is that assumption correct - i.e. did you so some sort of updated? Not really a good idea for a first build (while I know usually it is good to get the latest/greatest, you are really accessing the WIP server, so it may not always be 100% "good")...SO, if you did do an update, delete it all, and use the package as released.

Secondly, did you "extract" the wims using the utility provided, or just check the box to use extracted WIM contents. It looks like it is trying to look in the default location, and that is NOT where the extract script puts the files...The extract script is "SUPPOSED" to update the value on the search locations, but maybe that failed for some reason (another reason to use it as delivered)...

So, go back the the original script files, set the source, then go to the utils script to extract the WIIM files - THEN hit big blue...

Good luck!

#3 RogerOnTesting

RogerOnTesting
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:51 PM

The version of Winbuilder and all the other tools that I used, excluding the iso of Windows 7 Home Premium (x86), were obtained from here: http://reboot.pro/12427/. Secondly, I did indeed extract the wims, but I will double check that it is searching for them in the correct location. I will try your advice and probably post again if I have problems or to say that it worked.

#4 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:07 PM

OK - good to know. As I siad, the location that it was trying to access looked like the default, so hopefully that will fix the issue

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: win 7 pe, error, build, problem

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users