• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Portugal

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

If you have an error:

Could not extract [1].xml from install.wim

You can change the script "01 - Requirements Check.script" in EzPE3\Preprocess

ShellExecute,Hide,%7ZIP%,e #$q%SourceDir%\sources\install.wim#$q -o#$q%ProjectTemp%#$q [1].xml -y

to

ShellExecute,Hide,%7ZIP%,e #$q%SourceDir%\sources\boot.wim#$q -o#$q%ProjectTemp%#$q [1].xml -y

The windows 7 enterprise vl source has the file in boot.wim

#77 esgaroth

esgaroth

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

Thank you tiago, Windows 7 Enterprise has only a single image in install.wim and so does not need that file. I changed the script so that it uses the file from boot.wim instead. The xml file in boot.wim doesn't contain as much information as the one in install.wim but it does have what I need so far.

#78 theBishop

theBishop
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

I'm using EzPE3 version 9 with source media of Windows 7 Professional SP1 and during the "Mounting wim files" portion of the project, I get a "Mount boot.wim failed. ExitCode: 1920" error to which I click "OK" followed by a "Mount install.wim failed. ExitCode: 1920" error to which I click "OK" as well. The project then ends and the only error in the log is "DirCopy - Failed to copy directory [%BaseDir%\Temp\EzPE3\BootSRC\Program Files] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\EzPE3]: Unknown error"

I'm a complete n00b to winbuilder and this project so I apologize if I'm missing something really obvious. Could you help a guy out? :)

Thanks!

Edited by theBishop, 13 June 2013 - 01:01 PM.

#79 esgaroth

esgaroth

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

I doubt you're missing anything. That seems to be a file access error code. For some reason dism can't access your wim files. Where are the wim files located? If they are on a disc it might have a scratch on it. Try copying the disc contents to the hard drive.

#80 Nick Young

Nick Young
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:56 AM

First I wanted to thank you for a very solid project. This is exactly what I needed as a good simple base for my personal project.

I added a bit of code to the Copy Files script (Actualy one line) to make it easier to open the folder if it has not been created yet.

[OpenCustomFolder]
If,NOTEXISTDIR,%pFileBox1%,DirMake,%pFileBox1%
ShellExecute,Explore,%pFileBox1%

Should be the new section for OpenCustomFolder as this version will create the folder if it does not exist.

The same should be done in other locations such as in Add Drivers

[Openx86]
If,NOTEXISTDIR,%pFileBoxx86%,DirMake,%pFileBoxx86%
ShellExecute,Explore,#$q%pFileBoxx86%#$q

[Openx64]
If,NOTEXISTDIR,%pFileBoxx64%,DirMake,%pFileBoxx64%
ShellExecute,Explore,#$q%pFileBoxx64%#$q

Theres also no check in Make Iso script for if the directory given is the root of the drive, from what i see its possible for the script to run properly and create an unbootable flashdrive (As the wim would be in the wrong place example: f:\hahaibrokeit\sources\boot.wim) a quick check for the length of the string should be enough because all valid drives should be 3 or fewer letters.

#81 Nick Young

Nick Young
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:08 AM

Your version of the API has a bug that means arguments are not passed correctly to the program the line reads

ShellExecute,Hide,%NIRCMD%,"shortcut #$q%ExePath%#$q #$q%ShortcutPath%#$q #$q%ShortcutTitle%#$q #$q%Argments%#$q #$q%IconFile%#$q #$q%IconIndex%#$q"

But should read

ShellExecute,Hide,%NIRCMD%,"shortcut #$q%ExePath%#$q #$q%ShortcutPath%#$q #$q%ShortcutTitle%#$q #$q%Parameters%#$q #$q%IconFile%#$q #$q%IconIndex%#$q"

#82 esgaroth

esgaroth

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:27 AM

Thanks for the input. I will make some corrections and upload a new version shortly.

#83 Nick Young

Nick Young
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

For some reason my USB drives wont show up listed under explorer but work under explorer++ and the command line. I even tried MountStorPE to see if that should help but to no effect. this is present on 3 different units and 3 different USB drives each. I have tried booting witht eh disk plugged in and booting then plugging it in, neither works.

#84 esgaroth

esgaroth

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:59 PM

I am unable to reproduce any problem with detecting the usb drive. I assume your drive has a drive letter before the operation is completed? And then it does not retain its drive letter after? What does it look like in disk management?

#85 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:02 PM

For some reason my USB drives wont show up listed under explorer but work under explorer++ and the command line. I even tried MountStorPE to see if that should help but to no effect. this is present on 3 different units and 3 different USB drives each. I have tried booting witht eh disk plugged in and booting then plugging it in, neither works.

Try also the alternative "showdrive":

http://reboot.pro/to...-line-possible/

Have you tried "killing" Explorer (and restarting it if it doesn't restart automatically)? :unsure:

And/or deleting if existing the contents of Mountpoints2?

Explorer, like any "standard" MS app, is "non-standard" :w00t: :ph34r: and for whatever reasons has it's own "driveletter space in the Registry":

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2"

http://www.msfn.org/...-at-every-boot/

:cheers:

Wonko

#86 Nick Young

Nick Young
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:26 AM

Issue ended up being that explorer was loading before all the removable devices and then not refreshing them. I answered this by altering the explorer script to use a custom application that waited for all removable devices and then launched explorer. Its working for now,

#87 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:46 AM

Issue ended up being that explorer was loading before all the removable devices and then not refreshing them. I answered this by altering the explorer script to use a custom application that waited for all removable devices and then launched explorer. Its working for now,

Good :), why don't you post:

1. the changes you made to the Explorer script
  2. the "custom" waiting application

(maybe other people have the same issue and might benefit from those).

:cheers:
Wonko

#88 hooovahh

hooovahh

• Advanced user
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:52 AM

Thanks for all your effort the build went fine for me.  I then went to try to add a few scripts and I have a few issues.  It appears that both the Add_Pin, and the RegAddBoot are not implemented.  Is there any plan to support these common apis in the future?  I'm a little clueless so I don't know how involved it is to make these functions work. 

#89 esgaroth

esgaroth

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:52 AM

I can add Add_Pin but RegAddBoot will not be implemented as it would require an extra executable to run at boot time. Due to the simplistic nature of the project I would like to avoid adding any unnecessary executables or additional build steps at boot time. The project will need to be completely built at build time.

#90 strelok-ac

strelok-ac

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
    Cook Islands

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:38 AM

seems without intergrated sp1 source support, after some corrections, builded pe have hall.dll boot problem

#91 esgaroth

esgaroth

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:08 AM

I have tested with both a sp0 and sp1 sources. I have not received any errors about hal.dll. What kind of source are you using?

#92 vickerps

vickerps
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:53 AM

Hi Guys

First off can i express my gratitude on such a wonderful project as it just works!   ...Until maybe now that is :-)

The problem im having is best discribed within this article

http://social.techne...oints?forum=mdt

As the above article suggests the solution suggested is to use a Winpe 6.1 (Win 7) however im using a custom WIM (using EZPE3 9) with "extra files", extra nic drivers, etc. The Source is a 32bit WIN 7 Pro SP1 folder (extracted ISO) however im experiencing the exact same error?

The version of imagex.exe is Build 6.1.7600.16385. 

Appart from the .net 4 framework corruption the windows XP sp3 image is created and can be restored successfully.

If anyone has any ideas on how to solve I will be extremely grateful.

#93 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), photography,TV,films
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:37 AM

Maybe you could try using the /norpfix switch with Imagex - it preserves reparse points (i.e. if you apply to a different drive letter then it won't change the letter).

#94 esgaroth

esgaroth

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

Did the /norpfix work for you? This sounds like more of a problem with imageX than WinPE in general. I could try and set up a test to find a workaround. Also consider using dism instead of imagex as the functionality of imagex is now integrated into dism.

#95 vickerps

vickerps
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:40 PM

Thanks esgaroth, steve6375

I haven't had chance to test yet.

However after reading what the "/norpfix" switch does it sound like I should be setting it as when I take a image of say c:\ root I always restore the image back to M:\ to avoid any USB or additional drives taking up C: on the target machine.

However this doesn't explain as i did manage to test what the article mentioned (i used a "off the shelf" boot.wim of winpe 3.0) it doesn't corrupt .net 4 when taking an image using imagex but when i used a boot.wim created via ezpe3 it does?

I have used the new DSIM to create / Restore images and it work well. However I still need a Winpe 3.0 (boot.wim , Imagex) enviroment as certain older pc's don't like loading winpe 4.0 or 5.0.

#96 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

Maybe the dll versions are different in ezpe3?

re. norpfix - I had problems when using imagex /apply to a volume that was M: but that booted as C:. Without the /norpfix parameter, some links pointed to M: instead of C: because the drive was M: when I used ImageX /apply. So if you use a temporary volume letter which is not C:, then you need to use norpfix.  To test on a system that has been 'restored' from a wim file, from a cmd prompt at C:\  type dir /AL  - you will see the junctions listed - make sure the drive letter in each [link] path is correct.

#97 vickerps

vickerps
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:17 PM

Hi Steve

Just finished testing and "/norpfix" switch did fix my problem (Thankyou).

Do you know of any method to fix the Reparse Points of system that have been already loaded?

#98 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

Here is an old script which I wrote years ago to run on Vista systems to fix all the bad links caused by the strange choice of MS to default to changing all reparse points by default unless you specify /norpfix. Run it as Admin.

It may not work on 7 systems correctly so test on a 'restored test-only system' so you can re-restore it if it screws it all up! 

HTH

Steve

Attached Files

• Attached File  FixJ.zip   1.95KB   637 downloads

#99 SvenMeyer

SvenMeyer
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:36 PM

WARNING EzPE3 is DANGEROUS - may delete whole disk !

I wanted to create an ISO in the root directory of my (Backup) Harddisk and chose it (H:) as the "Target Directory" and for the ISO-file  .. then I hit "PLAY".

When I checked my harddisk after a while, EzPE3 had "cleaned up" these directories by deleting everythng om H:/ ... so my whole harddisk with all my backup was empty !!!

#100 esgaroth

esgaroth

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 January 2016 - 10:50 PM

That would be expected if you change the target directory to the root of your drive. Any other winbuilder project will do the same thing when cleaning the target directory for a new build. I don't know why you would want you build files mixed in with your personal files anyway. Leave the target directory as is and just change the iso output directory.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: project, winpe3, win7pe, winpe, pe3

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users