#26 carfan

carfan

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 196 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:28 PM

Well.. because the idea is to actually build a huge DVD in the first place! :thumbup:

Most of the space is filled with big sized freeware apps like OpenOffice, Java and many others.

Also worth mentioning that the full collection of driverpacks was also bundled inside.

-----------------------------

I will upload the full project and make it available on the download center, just add this server to your list:

xp.winbuilder.net

I tried removing the big sized apps but this "lite" version is still sized in roughly ~150Mb - do you want me to upload it as well? :lol:

:thumbup:

version 1 built a good xp operating system in vmware 5.5. two problems. 1st nlite preferences to desktop not established, 2nd addon programs not installed. downloaded new version last night. starting build this morning. will check out when i get back home. also, since you are using multiboot menu, i have several images like spinrite, hdd regenerator, xp recovery console, and others that could be added to dvd and menu.

thanks

-c

#27 carfan

carfan

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 196 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 April 2008 - 12:32 PM

Thank you for the nice tip cdob!

At the moment I am making an effort to make this DVD as huge as possible to test that limitation since it already includes all driverpacks, a lot of addons and the liveXP boot disk but it is still around 1.1Gb.

Guess it's time to include even more programs inside like an ubuntu OS bundled inside as well.

--------------------

UXP version 02 is available!

Here is a quick log of changes:

WPI support

- Included WPI as default method for installing programs.

- Adding programs inside WPI had to be done manually so I coded a small tool to convert nlite addons directly into WPI package format: http://www.msfn.org/...er-t113992.html

--------------

Parted Magic

- The small sized linux tool capable or resizing big sized NTFS partitions is included and working good. It will also provide a few other linux based tools with full NTFS support

--------------

Other details

- LiveXP was updated
- Driverpacks was giving error because the 3rd party driverpacks folder was empty and the archiver didn't included it inside.
- nLite support scripts are not enabled by default and are not really needed since we're now using WPI

-------------------------------

Download link:
http://winbuilder.ne...oad.php?view.24

:lol:

downloaded new version two nites ago. ran build yesterday morning after tweaking my nlite ini.
build ran flawlessly. no errors. performed unattended install of xp sp2 in vmware 5.5 8 gig virtual drive. all nlite tweaks and all wpi addons installed perfectly. IM TOTALLY IMPRESSED!!! :thumbup:
now ive got the long tedious task of tweaking livexp with my own scripts and figuring out how to add program installs to wpi.

-c

#28 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 18 April 2008 - 12:36 PM

That very good to hear!! :lol:

Thank you for reporting back your test results! :thumbup:

#29 carfan

carfan

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 196 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 April 2008 - 11:23 AM

That very good to hear!! :lol:

Thank you for reporting back your test results! :thumbup:

how do i add programs to install post build. in nlite\addons or wpi?

-c

#30 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:52 PM

Add them inside the Addons folder from nlite and they will be converted automatically to WPI format.

#31 carfan

carfan

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 196 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 April 2008 - 06:13 PM

Add them inside the Addons folder from nlite and they will be converted automatically to WPI format.

have been doing more testing. its much easier to copy your exe files from nlite to %wpipath%\install\svcpack and run them or add new from wpi config. when i tried to add to nlite\addons i had a wierd double up of ini's and exe's in the last two foldrs #'s 16 and 17. anyway, it would be great for you to leave the order in your bcdw the same but add a timer. in this way when you are doing an unattended install after the file copy process has ended it would boot - load the bcdw boot menu - count down the timer - and hand off to the hard drive to complete the install - other files are still needed from the dvd so it still needs to be available. for me, when you have time i need you to change the nlite script. i like to use nlite for different types of installs but even if the addons script isnt checked but the nlite script is, it still tries to add them during uxp build. also, it always seems to run the default xp.ini nlite preset even if a different .ini is chosen. all of these are very minor details to an over all excellent huge project. :thumbup:

thanks

-c

#32 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:56 PM

doing an unattended install after the file copy process has ended it would boot - load the bcdw boot menu - count down the timer - and hand off to the hard drive to complete the install - other files are still needed from the dvd so it still needs to be available

I didn't modified the BDCW configutation but if you take the time to make a fresh one with those options - just upload it here and I'll include it on the next version! :lol:

it always seems to run the default xp.ini nlite preset even if a different .ini is chosen.

Look on the nlite script - if I'm not mistaken - you can change the default ini file to run.

#33 carfan

carfan

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 196 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 April 2008 - 01:48 AM

I didn't modified the BDCW configutation but if you take the time to make a fresh one with those options - just upload it here and I'll include it on the next version! :lol:

Look on the nlite script - if I'm not mistaken - you can change the default ini file to run.

"Look on the nlite script - if I'm not mistaken - you can change the default ini file to run."

i tried and it still copies xp.ini to the presets folder and runs it.

i'll see it i can work on bcdw for you.

-c

#34 carfan

carfan

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 196 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:46 AM

to add timer

[MenuOptions]
MenuTimerLabel = Time remaining: ; Timer label
MenuTimer = 30 ; Timer delay in seconds

#35 carfan

carfan

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 196 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 April 2008 - 02:51 AM

hey nuno:

i made a new 3-MULTIBoot-BCDW.script for the project. check it out please. the ist and second info lines are both redudant - www.boot-land.net. you might want to tweak them.

-d

Attached Files

#36 tumor

tumor

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 April 2008 - 09:17 PM

Hey Nuno,
I'd like to add Offline NT Password & Registry Disc to my UXP build. Is this going to be doable? Do I need to edit the isolinux.cfg in some way?

http://home.eunet.no...rdahl/ntpasswd/

thanks in advance, tumor

#37 benxhi

benxhi

• Tutorial Writer
  • 87 posts
  •  
    Albania

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:39 PM

Hey carfan :lol:
I PM'd Nuno in MSFN but for bad luck he cannot continue in this building a new version of this project :thumbup:
But i think that we can build a team and develop a new version :thumbup:.

#38 benxhi

benxhi

• Tutorial Writer
  • 87 posts
  •  
    Albania

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:56 PM

Hey Carfan tested the new Multiboot file :lol: it rox :thumbup: but i found a mistake :thumbup:
Instead of UXP you wrote UPX :thumbup:
And UPX is that packer\upacker of Exe's :thumbup:

#39 benxhi

benxhi

• Tutorial Writer
  • 87 posts
  •  
    Albania

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:59 PM

Attached File  BCDW.rar   2.01KB   890 downloads
Here are my BCDW files the .inis with the fixed things :lol:

#40 benxhi

benxhi

• Tutorial Writer
  • 87 posts
  •  
    Albania

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:20 PM

Ok i have just created a new script for all those that want to have costum boot screens (please tell me if there are any bugs) (this is a very basic edition).Attached File  4_Boot_Screens.rar   723bytes   909 downloads
Enjoy :lol:

#41 carfan

carfan

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 196 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:57 PM

Hey Carfan tested the new Multiboot file :lol: it rox :thumbup: but i found a mistake :thumbup:
Instead of UXP you wrote UPX :thumbup:
And UPX is that packer\upacker of Exe's :thumbup:

benxhi

working on new project script to be able to pick what project you wanted to add to the build instead of just livexp. will take a few days - have a bunch of honey-do things to do 1st. is the uxp project dead or can we keep it going? if its dead, is it a ms thing? - sorry i didnt get back with you sooner. was gone all weekend.

-d

#42 benxhi

benxhi

• Tutorial Writer
  • 87 posts
  •  
    Albania

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:14 PM

benxhi

working on new project script to be able to pick what project you wanted to add to the build instead of just livexp. will take a few days - have a bunch of honey-do things to do 1st. is the uxp project dead or can we keep it going? if its dead, is it a ms thing? - sorry i didnt get back with you sooner. was gone all weekend.

-d

OK Carfan let me tell you this project is not dead , but Nuno cannot continue to work on this project anymore so we will have to team up and keep this project on it's legs :lol:
So you are going to add the possibility to add more OSes ? that would be great :thumbup:
I will just post a fixed version of the script you posted that had a typo .
Benxhi
Attached File  3_MultiBoot_BCDW.script   240.48KB   959 downloads

#43 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:04 AM

Ok i have just created a new script for all those that want to have costum boot screens (please tell me if there are any bugs) (this is a very basic edition).Attached File  4_Boot_Screens.rar   723bytes   909 downloads
Enjoy :lol:

Will this work on regular Projects like NativeEx. We are talking about the boot logo that comes in the beginning of booting right. If so you can create a new Topic in Scripts section and it would get a good response for those looking for an easy way to do it.

Can you give an example on how to use it. What needs to be where.
Screenshots on how to to do it would help.

Thanks!

#44 benxhi

benxhi

• Tutorial Writer
  • 87 posts
  •  
    Albania

Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:17 PM

Hey TheHive :lol:
This is a script i just made for UXP , and i didn't try it on any other project . Because i know how do unattended winxp installs work I added the possibility to change the boot screen (no changed boot-screen during setup) it will change after setup so on the first or second boot.You see this works like this :
The Script automatically generates you the folder you should put the ntoskrnl.exe in that folder and after install , congrats you should have a new boot-screen.
And this should have bugs and if any please tell me :)How ever i have problems right now so i cannot test it :thumbup:

#45 carfan

carfan

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 196 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 April 2008 - 01:37 AM

OK Carfan let me tell you this project is not dead , but Nuno cannot continue to work on this project anymore so we will have to team up and keep this project on it's legs :lol:
So you are going to add the possibility to add more OSes ? that would be great :thumbup:
I will just post a fixed version of the script you posted that had a typo .
Benxhi
Attached File  3_MultiBoot_BCDW.script   240.48KB   959 downloads

benxhi

check it out. first attempt to add a diferent os project to the uxp build. right now its limited to 1 os project at a time because of this:

[variables]
%liveCD%=MyXP

bootsect.bin gets copied there for boot too. will investigate more later. for now try it out. works here.

-c

Attached Files

#46 benxhi

benxhi

• Tutorial Writer
  • 87 posts
  •  
    Albania

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:48 PM

Nice One Carfan :lol:
A very good Script Actualy , but it has some bugs so i had to go into the SCRIPT and fix it (i used NativePE)

#47 carfan

carfan

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 196 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:06 PM

Nice One Carfan :lol:
A very good Script Actualy , but it has some bugs so i had to go into the SCRIPT and fix it (i used NativePE)

please explain bugs

thanks

-c

#48 benxhi

benxhi

• Tutorial Writer
  • 87 posts
  •  
    Albania

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:13 PM

Ok made it work :lol:
Sorry just a spell mistake :thumbup:
I didn't see that :S

#49 carfan

carfan

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 196 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 May 2008 - 07:47 PM

have problem:

during copy process from MULTIBOOT\%LIVECD% to MYXP. doesnt copy all subfolders. supposed to copy:

PROGRAM FILES\TRUEIMAGE\COMMON FILES\CDRECORD\
\COMMON\
\SCHEDULE2\
\TRUEIMAGE\

INSTEAD ONLY COPIES:

PROGRAM FILES\TRUEIMAGE\COMMON FILES

why doesnt it copy the subfolders and files??? :lol:

no errors on build. any ideas???

-c

#50 benxhi

benxhi

• Tutorial Writer
  • 87 posts
  •  
    Albania

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:41 PM

have problem:

during copy process from MULTIBOOT\%LIVECD% to MYXP. doesnt copy all subfolders. supposed to copy:

PROGRAM FILES\TRUEIMAGE\COMMON FILES\CDRECORD\
\COMMON\
\SCHEDULE2\
\TRUEIMAGE\

INSTEAD ONLY COPIES:

PROGRAM FILES\TRUEIMAGE\COMMON FILES

why doesnt it copy the subfolders and files??? :lol:

no errors on build. any ideas???

-c

Nope no ideas :S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users