Photo
- - - - -

Latest Reference Guide (need os its for)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dfatrp

dfatrp
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 14 October 2018 - 07:33 PM

Hi,

So a customer wanted to use the latest WIn10 builder but there were some issues with no shortcuts, so I've decided go to ahead and update our plug-in builder for our products which was created back in 2008 and updated for some basic reasons over the years, but now need to have it install the correct files for x64 vs x86 (previously x86 was assumed).  

Looking at some samples I see things like %ProgramEXEx64% but that appears to be just a random name and not a special one like %ProgramEXE% because I then see things using something called %SourceArch% to change the %ProgramEXE% to be the name in %ProgramEXEx64% (Which again, presume is not a special var).   So I kinda get all that, but I can't find reference to the docs I had on the winbuilder scripts for %SourceArch%,  Also, because we offer an option to install a driver, we need to select not only if x64 or x86 but what is the OS going to be (basically the drivers for Win10+ are different than the ones prior to Win10).  

So is there updated reference guide that will explain the existence of %SourceArch% (ensuring that it is the source of the boot media and not of the build environment)  and  something I can look up to find what the OS is as well.

TIA!!

#2 dfatrp

dfatrp
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 October 2018 - 05:25 AM

Also, what about [SourceDisksFiles], is that still needed?  where is the docs on the format of that, it doesn't appear to be the same as windows .inf file itself, but has things like filename = a,,4  or 4,,1  etc..   I don't remember any of it and can't find docs?   Would this [SourceDisksFiles]  also support automatically things like [SourceDisksFiles.amd64] ?

#3 dfatrp

dfatrp
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 October 2018 - 04:42 PM

Also, what about [SourceDisksFiles], is that still needed?  where is the docs on the format of that, it doesn't appear to be the same as windows .inf file itself, but has things like filename = a,,4  or 4,,1  etc..   I don't remember any of it and can't find docs?   Would this [SourceDisksFiles]  also support automatically things like [SourceDisksFiles.amd64] ?

ok, that is for PE Builder not Win Builder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users