#1 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:55 AM

You can download LiveXP recommended from here

Introduction:
LiveXP have 3 packages, minimum, recommended, complete.
minimum () :is good for fast builds through emulator, also good for step by step learning for advanced users (not recommended to use on real pc).
recommended (): have essential features, heart and soul of LiveXP.
complete (): have additional applications.

LiveXP masters advice recommended for new users to start. This have shorter build time with all essential features.

After some trials (%90 at first try) in a short time you will get a nice fully working LiveXP with recommended
Posted Image

With exciment :cheers: of sayin "WOOOOwww" B) you will probably ask your self :cheers: "What other applications can i use with LiveXP?"

A new user searching new script tips :
The First answer is downloading LiveXP Complete :cheers:
The Second answer is visiting LiveXPExtra apps scripts, collection of LiveXP compatible scripts
The Third answer is visiting App Scripts section on boot land. (Warning: not all scripts are compatible with LiveXP, check script instructions)
The Forth answer is making google searches (google-fu) and look old PE's plugins around too, most are compatible with LiveXP :cheers:. Example: 911cd.net Plugins
The Fifth answer is making google searches (google-fu)
The LiveXP answer is making your own script
(i guess Five is enough for a good start, remembering the best 4 series movie Alien :cheers: )

How to add scripts i found to my project(s) ( The Third, Fifth steps):

Place the script file in one of the folders (or create) under {folder with WinBuilder.exe}\Projects\{ProjectName}\App.
For example, I have mine in C:\WinBuilder_LiveXP\Projects\LiveXP\App
If WinBuilder is open, close it and re-open it.
The script should appear in WinBuilder in the same folder structure as the physical disk.
Make sure the box beside the script name is checked. Select options in the script window as you want.

Quick answer for The Forth step:

A simple method to use bartpe plugin with LiveXP.
1) open a new folder in apps, maybe ...\projects\LiveXP\apps\BartPE
2) put your plugin in it, maybe
......\projects\LiveXP\apps\BartPE\WinRAR
and probably will result:
......\projects\LiveXP\apps\BartPE\WinRAR\winrar...inf
......\projects\LiveXP\apps\BartPE\WinRAR\winrar...htm
......\projects\LiveXP\apps\BartPE\WinRAR\files\ ==>files in it
3) Enable InfSupport script
Basic-->Build-->InfSupport
(also there are better ways, it is the simplest method for the "First Touch" :cheers: )
(taken from here)

Here is the tutorial to show how to download LiveXP Complete:

Mini tutorial with 2 movies:

Watching movie Method1 - Download 2 files:
wb_download_complete_episode_1-AVI.rar (432 KB) (pictures 1-2-3-4)
wb_download_complete_episode_2-AVI.rar (953 KB)(pictures 4-5-6-7)

Watching movie Method2 - Watch by blip.tv:
wb_download_complete_episode_1-AVI
wb_download_complete_episode_2-AVI

Mini tutorial with pictures:

1) Click Download button on Winbuilder
Posted Image

2) Select "Complete"
Posted Image

3) Click "Download"
Posted Image

4) Wait till downloading finishes
Posted Image

5) After Download finishes, click small red X button
Posted Image

6) Click "Update Winbuilder.exe" button (with every download click this button)
Posted Image

7) Now you have fully operational LiveXP Complete package :cheers:
Posted Image

I hope you find tutorial useful, Have a nice day :cheers: :cheers:
  • Brito likes this

#2 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:58 AM

Thanks, Lancelot! Great idea to post a tutorial such as this.

Regards,
Galapo.

#3 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:28 PM

This is very good. I can now point people here whenever in troubles to get LiveXP working.

Also, don't forget to later update once the stable is available, there have been a lot of changes a bit everywhere that also include the functioning of the download center.

Good work Lancelot!

:cheers:

#4 trinix

trinix
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:34 PM

thanks
how to transfer livexp to usb stick after build?

#5 petcomp

petcomp

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    South Africa

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:13 PM

bartpe plugin integration does not always work. I could not get this to work with Seagate Discwizard. It looks live the driver snapshot library never gets registered. The required files are in the system32 folder, but any attempt to register them results in failure. Some plugins are just compatible with bartpe only. If you make the switch to winbuilder & live xp, be prepared to have to give up some of tools you got familiar with in bartpe. Unfortunately for me, this happens to be Seagate Discward. I do use Driveimage xml, but the version on the this site 2.13 & I already have images using 2.14....

I not sure how one is supposed to update a bartpe plugin or even if this is possible. I have tried converting the plugin and also enabling the inf option & simply none of them work. Its like as if all the inf ones does is copy the files to the appropriate places, but no libraries are registered. Similar to trying to just copy the Seagate folder into any pe.....it just won't work that way.

Frustrations.... :doh7: :juggler:

#6 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:31 PM

Winbuilder has just a basic 'idea' what plugins do. If you have one that does something fancy, winbuilder can not translate it fully. This plugin, then has to be converted manually into a script.

Besides the above, you seem to have a problem grasping the difference between BartPE and Winbuilder projects.
Winbuilder projects are in general smaller than BartPE ones, which means they come with less files by default. Which means, that scripts have to bring more dependencies along than plugins.

Remember, all that's needed for something to not work, is a single missing file or registry entry!

:cheers:

#7 petcomp

petcomp

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    South Africa

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:18 PM

The closeset I could get was using the inf technique but with the files in the project folder. However, now, discwizard is complaining about a snapshot library that could not be loaded. I had a look at the bartpe inf, and there seem to be a couple of entries that were made txtsetup.sif. Could these be the ones that are preventing the program running correctly? Somebody on the forums did mention that they developed a plugin for windows 7 pe that could convert seagate discwizard. Unfortunately the mediafire url was dead so I could not check it out..........

I'll try and compare the txtsetup.sif of winpe with the one of bartpe. Looking for entries according to the bartpe inf of the seagate plugin......if only somebody had already written a script for seagate discwizard, then things would have been much easier.

#8 petcomp

petcomp

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    South Africa

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:51 PM

I tried another backup software paragon backup. Everything works just nice, accept for single most important thing. Why the heck do guys like paragon choose to make a recovery cd out of linux. I mean at least when windows crashes you get a blue screen, but in linux all you get is a black void. So I had really hoped that there were quite a few scripts defined for freeware versions of popular backup software. To date, I have only seen 2, Driveimage Backup & Easeus Todo Backup, or am I just missing something? A big reason for pe I would have thought would have been to do backups & recoveries from it. It's just a rant, guess I have to choose between making my own script or just sticking with ubcd4win.....

#9 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:46 AM

...if only somebody had already written a script for seagate discwizard, then things would have been much easier.

DiscWizard is a somewhat crippled version of TrueImage for which many scripts already exist but DiscWizard will work in this script:
http://www.mediafire...AcronisTIDW.rar

Extract DiscWizard files http://www.mediafire...c1cqhp/DW11.rar to "%GlobalTemplates%AcronisDW11"

A big reason for pe I would have thought would have been to do backups & recoveries from it.

Try any of the projects here: http://reboot.pro/4111/

#10 petcomp

petcomp

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    South Africa

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:12 AM

Thank you very much Amalux! You are the man! It works perfectly! :clap: :clap: :clap:

#11 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:07 AM

Glad to help.

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users