#1 spaceB

spaceB

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:26 PM

Is it possible to user OWA in VistaPE?!
I have tried it with IE but after the successful RSA authentication IE shutdown suddenly. Is it a AcrtiveX problem?

Greetings,

Space

#2 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:06 PM

Is it possible to user OWA in VistaPE?!
I have tried it with IE but after the successful RSA authentication IE shutdown suddenly. Is it a AcrtiveX problem?

Why do you write by acronyms?

Whilst IE is easily recognized as Internet Explorer (BUT you don't mention the actual version of it), OWA is not a commonly used acronym... :cheers:

Are you asking about Outlook Web Access?

:cheers:
Wonko

#3 spaceB

spaceB

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:42 PM

Hi Wonko,

Yes I mean O=Outlook W=Web A=Access! :cheers: Any idea?

thx in advance!

Greetz,

space

Edited by spaceB, 02 November 2010 - 03:43 PM.

#4 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:21 PM

Any idea?

And the 03/07? ;)

According to this:
http://en.wikipedia....Outlook_Web_App

OWA doesn't mean anymore Outlook Web Access :hyper:, but rather Outlook Web App :cheers:.

It seemingly requires a minimal given version of Internet Explorer or of other browsers, depending on the actual version.

Why don't you post some details?

In any case since some other browsers are supported, first suggestion is to try with some of them, just in order to understand if it's a problem with the Internet Explorer or a generic missing something in your build of VistaPE (and you should ALSO post some details of your current VistaPE build, particularly the build LOG, so that someone may be able to understand what you have enabled or disbled in your build)

Wonko

#5 spaceB

spaceB

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:56 PM

ok App! :hyper:

So here a short description of my problem,

I have a VistaPe with some tools on it. I need internet access, so I added the needed driver for Lenovo laptop’s, this part is done so far. Now I need outlook web access. I have tried with newest Firefox and the IE7 (from the vista source DVD) without success. IE drops the OWA session when I successfully authenticate with RSA (IE close suddenly). I have tested Firefox 3.6.1.2 now but here I can pass-through the RSA authentication and when I fill in my system credentials and fire it up nothing happens...
03 = Office 2003 = Exchange 03 --> Outlook Web Access! and 07 = Office 2007 = Exchange 2007 --> Outlook Web App! :cheers:
I will try opera 10.x and if this not works I will take a deeper dive in the issue to understand the problem...
But if someone has any idea how to get it run, I would be very helpful!

Greetz,

Space

#6 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:29 PM

I will try opera 10.x and if this not works I will take a deeper dive in the issue to understand the problem...
But if someone has any idea how to get it run, I would be very helpful!

I was hoping that another browser (namely Firefox) would have given some kind of error instead of crashing (thus giving us a hint on what the actual problem could be). :hyper:

Wonko

#7 spaceB

spaceB

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:06 AM

I have tested Opera 10 now without success. It seems to be an exchange security setting and a PE configuration.
I will do a deeper dive in the issue OWA to understand what’s wrong here and if it possible to get this run in a PE environment.
Thx for your support so far! I will report if I'll find a solution for this.

Space

#8 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:13 AM

I will do a deeper dive in the issue OWA to understand what’s wrong here and if it possible to get this run in a PE environment.

It is likely a "sub-system" of some kind that is simply missing in the build, but finding it/them won't be easy. :cheers:

:hyper:
Wonko

#9 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:40 PM

It seems to be an exchange security setting...

I know that there are many ways that "OWA" can get sut up inside a company, so this may be the issue. For example, while on our local LAN, using IE, I get a very "outlook" like experience. At home on firefox, it is totally different (thru a VPN). In fact, our setup doesn't require the RSA stuff, since the VPN handles that for us...

So, bottom line...GOOD LUCK! :hyper:

#10 spaceB

spaceB

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:14 PM

This is a real challenge to get this run... thx!

Space

#11 spaceB

spaceB

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:32 PM

Hi All,

Today I had time to work on the OWA project. I found out that OWA is working perfectly when I download and install Firefox it in the running PE!
And I noticed that the authentication on the OWA 07 works fine but there is no need for RSA authentication. So I seem to be a problem between the RSA authentication and portable Firefox.

I'll try figure out what’s the problem is.

Space

Edited by spaceB, 08 November 2010 - 03:39 PM.

#12 spaceB

spaceB

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:27 PM

I found a solution for this problem, the problem is/was the firefox script by al_jo. I have created my own (single file) actual portable firefox version and intigrated it in my PE and this was it!

space

#13 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:55 PM

I found a solution for this problem, the problem is/was the firefox script by al_jo. I have created my own (single file) actual portable firefox version and intigrated it in my PE and this was it!

Well, actually it should be *something* in that .script, if you post info about that *something* or maybe if you post your "fixed" new .script, al_jo may "correct" his or however other people may make use of your findings...

:confused1:
Wonko

#14 spaceB

spaceB

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:18 AM

In dont know what the problem with al_jo's script is, no time to check. Here:Firefox 3.6.12 is my very simple but very well working script and the source.

space

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users