Alan S
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:48 PM

Hi All,

My name is Alan S.
I am a new user and new to Win7 boot CDs that you create.
I downloaded the latest version of Win7PE_SE_2011_01_17 and extracted to directory on C:
My source is Win 7 Pro 32 bit extracted to a differnt volume on hard disk D:
When I press run things seem to be going good till it gets to an error as this
"The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open."

i am running Win 7 Ult as my OS. Any one have any solutions please?
Many thanks in advance.

#2 ChrisR

ChrisR

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 784 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:02 AM

I don't really know, the message seems to mean that the process blocks on a file that is already open or locked (permission, antivirus, ...).

It's a windows message, the log can tell you what file has caused the error, but not the solution.
Tries, perhaps to see, to put Win7Pe_Se in another folder on the disk D.

#3 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:34 PM

I agree - seeing a log might help understand...Should work, but again, maybe no one tested this particular issue.

Make sure you try a "reboot" on the machine, since you may have zombie mounts left over when something else went funny.

BUT, a log file would help, so if you get one, post it...and also as Chris pointed out, just try moving the winbuilder project over to the D drive too...

Scott

#4 skyide

skyide

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 218 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:49 AM

What I would do is disable any anti virus and firewall monitors and run Win7PE_SE_2011_01_17 as Administrator. If that works, try enabling one thing at a time so you can pin point where the problem is.

#5 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:31 PM

What I do is configure my antivirus to ignore directories used by winbuilder including source directories. That way you don't forget to reenable antivirus and leave your system unprotected.

Also right click on winbuilder.exe and in properties / Compatability choose 'Run as Administrator. That way it will always run as administrator.

#6 Alan S

Alan S
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:55 PM

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for your help and comments. Well it was hard to pin down, but I finally got it to work.
First off as suggeseted ChrisR I added the Winbuilder directory to exclusions in AVG for AV and Spyware.
Still got the error, although not all the time. Secondly took ownership of the Winbuilder directory and subfolders.
Same thing, would work 50% of attempts. Then I ran a chkdsk /f on the volume, this helped a lot. I still occasionaly get the same error, but when I do, I shudown Win7PE_SE. Run the chkdsk c: /f, reboot, let the O/S do its stuff and then can go back into Winbuilder and run to completetion! Weired or What? Anyway I have my first Win7PE_SE USB, great stuff.
Added GHOST and Paragon Hard Disk manager to it (Yes I have both licenses), a fantastic project! I am hooked!
Alan S

#7 ChrisR

ChrisR

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 784 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:16 AM

happy for you and thanks for the nice words :rofl: ,

Rui Paz have done a reply in this direction before Post 88

I forget to mention some times i also got some disk errors, its good idea to run chkdsk E: /f /x on the disk/partition where the mount of the wim's takes place.

If this can help other with similar problems.
:ph34r:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users