#26 ChrisR

ChrisR

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 784 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:08 PM

Is there a new/updated fonts script available for Win7PE_SE?

I wrote a new script for Additional Fonts (in components) outside of "1 - Copy Files" (The joke checkbox "Additional font" will be removed ;)).

It is written from the script 'Esential Fonts and Codepages.script' from Gena project :) with ability to add fonts from a folder in addition,
and Ludovici Fonts.script to have the Control Panel Fonts and the Windows Font Cache Service :).

I wrote a small program AU3 to install and register the fonts at startup (executed in post config hidenowait).
The program regfont (x86 only) from http://marshwiggle.net/regfont/ is not enough to register fonts and see them in the Control Panel.

Unfortunately, not possible to do it at build time, the fonts contains localized names :angry:.
ex: on a Turkish HostOS, arialbd.ttf gives Arial Kalin instead of Arial Bold if the win7 source is Enu.

Attached File  Additional Fonts.jpg   81.7KB   20 downloads

Attached File  Additional_Fonts.7z   785.41KB   39 downloads

Thanks for feedback

:cheers:

#27 fuwi

fuwi

Frequent Member

• Expert
  • 135 posts
  •  
    Switzerland

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:45 PM

I have found the solution for my font problem in post #1. The missing font is MS Sans Serif.

This fixes the problem:

[Process]
If,Not,ExistFile,%target_win%\Fonts\sserife.fon,FileCopy,%InstallSRC%\Windows\Fonts\sserife.fon,%target_win%\Fonts

Note: in the latest Win7PE_SE project (Win7PE_SE_20111018) one can use the new Additional Fonts and Codepages script for that.

fuwi

#28 Mikka

Mikka

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 175 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

Sorry for unearthing this old thread, but is there an updated version of a script around that deals with OTF fonts as well?

Adobe Reader comes with 2 brilliant free fonts, Minion and Myriad. They are perfect even for professional layout setting.

All scripts I've come across so far only cope with TTFs, but not with OTFs.

Anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users