Mikka

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 175 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:02 AM

Yes, that directory exists.
According to the SHA1 fingerprint*, I'd say I've got the release GRMCPRFRER_DE_DVD, Win 7 SP1 Professional Retail x86 German. Also did an installation of the ISO in VirtualBox which went fine.

The funny thing is: This/these DirCopy errors don't lead to a stop running the Unofficial Amalux Edition, but they will for the regular Win7PE_SE_20120416... :dubbio:

* F34712E7DBA016FC57F684C11BC5E97D8F3A11D2

Edited by Mikka, 26 May 2012 - 10:16 AM.

#27 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

I can't find the source you list there and the closest I can find, Windows 7 Professional SP1 (-N or -U) German, works without error.
http://www.mydigital...-digital-river/

#28 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:59 PM

The funny thing is: This/these DirCopy errors don't lead to a stop running the Unofficial Amalux Edition, but they will for the regular Win7PE_SE_20120416... :dubbio:

That depends on the individual project. The project author / the user can decide whether the build is aborted on error.
The decision is stored in WinBuilder.ini. And the "complete" projects usually contain an athor's-wanted WinBuilder.ini

BTW: As long as you have troubles with this error, disable the error-stop: "Tools" button upper right > "Options" tab > "Stop build on error" checkbox lower right.

Peter

#29 Mikka

Mikka

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 175 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:04 AM

Just for the record, I fetched another ISO from Digital River, a file named X17-59886.iso (it is slightly bigger).
I proceeded as before and—hurray!—got the very same winsxs errors.
Does anyone happen to know whether one could safely ignore this kind of error?

@Peter: Thanks for the hint, I did that (albeit I have no experience with the downsides of it).

Edited by Mikka, 28 May 2012 - 11:05 AM.

#30 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:16 AM

@Peter: Thanks for the hint, I did that (albeit I have no experience with the downsides of it).

The only disadvantage is that the error might be so serious that the PE does not boot. In this case you wasted unnecessary build time.

Peter

#31 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

Just for the record, I fetched another ISO from Digital River, a file named X17-59886.iso (it is slightly bigger).
I proceeded as before and—hurray!—got the very same winsxs errors.

Using that same source and the test project I recommended, there is no error and everything works well.
Posted Image

It can't be the source or the recommended project, perhaps something specific to your system? Are you sure there is no background AV or similar that could be interfering?

#32 Mikka

Mikka

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 175 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

amalux, I don't have an AV or a similar tool on this system.
I closed 3 additionally running tasks (e.g. the manufacturer's optical drive silencer...).

That didn't change my situation, though. I'm running an up to date Windows XP (N) SP3 (x86, german) with sufficient space on %SystemDrive%, VirtualBox 4.1.16... I checked for the needed files in ProjectsToolsWin7PE_SEx86, and didn't set up a WAIK (as long as I can spare it).
:unsure:

(Maybe I should open a thread somewhere else as this doesn't seem to get solved in a trice...)

#33 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:53 PM

I'm running an up to date Windows XP (N) SP3 (x86, german) with sufficient space on %SystemDrive%, VirtualBox 4.1.16...

If you're building in VirtualBox that's your problem, otherwise, I have no idea; sorry.

#34 DeathAndPain

DeathAndPain

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:21 PM

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I am trying to use dsolomon's updated version of the dera script, but it fails. I examined the problem and found that it is due to the script copying UniversalRestore stuff (including the UniversalRestore license key from the registry). However, I do not have UniversalRestore installed and do not own a license for it. I also do not see why I would need it for my Win7PE-CD.

I tried to remove the commands that copy the UniversalRestore license registry key from the script. I managed to eliminate the error message that kept stopping the script, but now the system bluescreens during bootup when I boot the CD that is being created. The error message points towards files that are scheduled for copying at bootup time but cannot be copied for some reason. I figured that the UniversalRestore files might be the cause, so I installed UniversalRestore anyway without a license key (option for only-online-UniversalRestore).

The problem persists though, and I still bet that it is UniversalRestore-related.

Is anyone here willing and able to modify the script so that it no longer incorporates UniversalRestore? That would be great!

#35 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:50 PM

http://www.mediafire...6qmyf81s879u9vw wb080 only.

Update: http://www.mediafire.com/?c79ot0lst4jsaa7 (supports 082)

#36 DeathAndPain

DeathAndPain

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:08 AM

What means "wb080"?

#37 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:44 AM

Winbuilder 080, not 082 etc.

#38 DeathAndPain

DeathAndPain

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:28 AM

So your uncommented link leads to a script for B&R11 without UniversalRestore, but only for Winbuilder 080? Well, that is a pity. Now that I have finally managed to get Winbuilder 082 to work, I would not want to revert to an outdated version and start over.

Does anybody have an idea how to pinpoint the cause of the bluescreen issue? I figure that somewhere in the script something is scheduled for copying at bootup time (a registry key or, more likely, a file) that does not exist on my Win7PE because it does not exist on my system because I do not own UniversalRestore. Either that, or the script is faulty in general. The problem is that the bluescreen itself gives no detailed information which key or file it is; and the Win7PE compilation runs without any suspicious messages in its log. All I can tell is that the Acronis script is the culprit because the bluescreen vanishes when I uncheck it before compiling.

#39 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

Sorry, forgot to update post. Now supports 082 ;)

#40 DeathAndPain

DeathAndPain

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:31 PM

Unfortunately, your script does not work. It stops with an error that a .dgl file cannot be copied from a path that I never specified. However, I did properly specify the path for the dgl files in the config screen and indeed put the files there, so the script is looking for them at a wrong place.

See the following screenshots:

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2
Screenshot 3

And here is the complete log:
Logfile

#41 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:46 PM

Easy fix, just put all those Active*.dgl files (5) into a sub-folder named ARS and try again ;)

#42 DeathAndPain

DeathAndPain

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:45 PM

I have done so, but the problem persists. New log is here: log2.html

#43 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:32 PM

Let me explain how this works and I apologize for any misunderstandings.

In the script interface there is a box where you can enter a directory. %GlobalTemplates%AcronisBR11 is given as default.
Posted Image

That means, WinPE.zip and any sub-directories like ARS (and x64 if applicable) need to be located there.

In your (most recent) log, the script is looking to %BaseDir%WorkbenchCommonAcronisBR11 e.g. %GlobalTemplates%AcronisBR11 entered in the script interface.

Based on this, if your five *.dgl files are located in "%BaseDir%WorkbenchCommonAcronisBR11ARS" then there will be no error.

In the script interface screenshot you posted, C:Acronissupp is shown as your path, is it possible this is where your files reside?

To make it more clear, let's say your path is listed as %GlobalTemplates%AcronisBR11 in the script interface.

So, files and directories need to be located in "%BaseDir%WorkbenchCommonAcronisBR11"

Assuming your base directory is "C:W7.051812", the full path would be:
"C:W7.051812WorkbenchCommonAcronisBR11"

Your files and sub-directories should be as follows:
"C:W7.051812WorkbenchCommonAcronisBR11WinPE.zip"
"C:W7.051812WorkbenchCommonAcronisBR11ARS"(containing all five *.dgl files)
"C:W7.051812WorkbenchCommonAcronisBR11x64" (containing x64 version of snapman.sys if needed)
Posted Image

Hope that helps ;)

#44 brianpaul

brianpaul

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

Nice, amalux! Worked for me with version 082. I might now become a believer in the flying spaghetti monster! Ok, probably not, but I do appreciate all your good work! :thumbsup:

#45 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:40 PM

Hey brianpaul :)

Glad it's working :thumbsup:

#46 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:53 AM

@DeathAndPain,

My apologies!!! My bad! I just realized I hard coded some lines in the script that could cause your error if not using default path :frusty:

I will fix right away and update link. Please accept my apologies :blush:

#47 DeathAndPain

DeathAndPain

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:24 AM

Thank you! I am looking forward to getting the updated script.

#48 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:34 AM

OK, try this one: http://www.mediafire...c79ot0lst4jsaa7

It will also pull ABR11 files from installation on host PC if present (not tested for x64).

:cheers:
  • BobxT likes this

#49 Mikka

Mikka

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 175 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

amalux, just wanted to say thanks! Running a quick test your script works like a charm.
Just to get this right: B&R PE'd doesn't tolerate other Acronis tools like TrueImage 2012?

I thought of putting B&R 11 and TI 2012 Plus in the same ISO (exclusive-or usage).
However, I haven't got a dedicated TI 2012 script yet...

#50 DeathAndPain

DeathAndPain

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:14 PM

I would also like to thank you, amalux! Your new script version indeed works nicely. Thank you very much! I have had this new 3TB hard disk sitting in the also-new USB 3.0 docking station for weeks waiting for me finally being able to run a backup, but for that I needed a working boot CD with B&R 11 and working USB 3.0 support on it. Thanks to you this has now been achieved, and I can finally retire ancient BartPE.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: acronis, backup & recovery 11

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users