UsbPE Tool

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Max_Real Qnx

Max_Real Qnx

Gold Member

• Patrician
  • 1382 posts
  • Interests:To be or not to be that is the question.
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:03 PM

Posted Image

File Name: UsbPE Tool
File Submitter: Max_Real Qnx
File Submitted: 22 Aug 2011
File Updated: 22 Feb 2012
File Category: Boot tools

Hi my friends ;)

I think, a small program sometimes it would be useful for you. Lol lol use it. Best regards :hi:

Click here to download this file

#2 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4198 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:13 AM

Can you give more details on its use. :dubbio:
  • Max_Real Qnx likes this

#3 Max_Real Qnx

Max_Real Qnx

Gold Member

• Patrician
  • 1382 posts
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:46 PM

Can you give more details on its use. :dubbio:

Hi TheHive ;)

The program is very simple way, installing the WinPE files to the USB devices. If the wim file is pure unedited file, it adds its own extras to wim file. Otherwise, the program only doing the installation winpe files to usb device. USB device has to be NTFS format. The program automatically makes it bootable the usb device. In fact, it is a simple the pe program. If you want, I can share with you the source code of the program. Thank you for your interest. Best regards :hi:

#4 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4198 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:23 AM

Ok! Thanks for the info.

From the pics I can see some other options are available but no explanation or steps to take on how to use them.

What are these options.
UsbPE Tool1.jpg

How to use which one. when. No Help File to help get started.
UsbPE Tool2.jpg

Can you post screen shots to how to use. Lets say: you're doing a PE to USB device.

#5 Max_Real Qnx

Max_Real Qnx

Gold Member

• Patrician
  • 1382 posts
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:30 AM

Hi TheHive ;)

Add Extra Features : The selected the any wim file opens as writeable on the the c:\MountUSB folder. This opens the A43 file manager to access this folder. That way, if you want you can add what you want. When you close the file manager, the things you added are saved to the destination file. Of course, this feature is optional.

Format Usb Device : This option will help you take the format to the target usb device. For this program currently not used Grub4Dos manager. So the format type should be ntfs for the Bootmgr file. I used two files to activate the boot feature of the usb device.

To put it crudely:
bootsect.exe /nt60
MbrFix.exe setactivepartition /yes

Extract Boot.Wim (not recommanded) : The destination wim file opens as be readable to the C:\MountUsb folder. Then the files in this folder are copied to the target usb device. I think, if physical ram is less, this feature can be used.

Set FilePath : If the target files (*.wim, BCD and BootMgr) are used by the program in different paths, you can use this feature. The paths of files is saved in UsbPE.ini .

Set DirPath : If the target files (*.wim, BCD and BootMgr) are used by the program in same path, you can use this feature. The path of the source is saved in UsbPE.ini .

(DVD Source)
Boot\BCD
Sources\Boot.wim
\BootMgr

But if you do not use these two features, The program has to be in the same path with the target files.

(DVD Source)
Boot\BCD
Sources\Boot.wim
\BootMgr
\UsbPETool.exe

You can use these two features with the command-line.

UsbPETool.exe /DirPath "c:\Target_Dir Path"

UsbPETool.exe /FilePath /bcd "c:\Target_Dir Path\Boot\BCD" /bootwim "d:\Target_Dir Path\Leopard\Leopard.wim" /bootmgr "d:\Target_Dir Path\BootMgr"

If there is a point not mentioned, please notify me. Thanks for your interest. Best regards :hi:

#6 slo_hand2

slo_hand2
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:34 PM

call me stupid but I am at a complete loss as to what to do with this utility (USBpe tool kit) if I click on either of the 2 boxes add extras or format I get a error when I hit copy (copy What? from where?) the error code is " c:\user\mine\Sources\Boot.WIM file not found!"

#7 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:13 PM

call me stupid but I am at a complete loss as to what to do with this utility (USBpe tool kit) if I click on either of the 2 boxes add extras or format I get a error when I hit copy (copy What? from where?) the error code is " c:\user\mine\Sources\Boot.WIM file not found!"

I won't call you names (for the moment :whistling:).

This tool is intended to create a bootable 2.x/3.x PE - or if you prefere a PE created from Vista :ph34r: or 7 sources , which basically is made of three files:
  • boot.wim
  • BOOTMGR
  • \boot\BCD

So, you need to give it a Vista :ph34r: or 7 SOURCE (in the form of a DVD or a mounted image of it or the mentioned files copied from it to the same folder where you have the tool)

Try re-reading the post by Max_Real Qnx just above yours :).

More simply "c:\user\mine\Sources\Boot.WIM file not found!" probably means that you are running the tool from folder "c:\user\mine\" but that there is no \Source\boot.wim file in it.

Verify that you have:
  • c:\user\mine\Boot\BCD
  • c:\user\mine\Sources\Boot.wim
  • c:\user\mine\BootMgr
  • c:\user\mine\UsbPETool.exe
Or that you have pointed the app to *something* containing files:
  • Boot\BCD
  • Sources\Boot.wim
  • \BootMgr
:cheers:
Wonko

#8 slo_hand2

slo_hand2
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:07 PM

Ah I c said the blind man lol ,
I am trying to make a bootable usb xp drive , one like what I remember BartPe to be I had a cd years ago, long gone, but alas after 2 days of constant d/l'ing and trying (including bartpe) I am no closer to my goal!
I am working on and old Dell inspiron 1200, the HDD is no good and I have removed it, the cd player is iffy at best runs when it wants to, it only has 256mb DDR1 ram, (yes it's old 2005) so I am left with using a flashdrive , (8GB PNY mini attache) for my temp os until I see if there is anything else wrong with the unit. I have a OEM winxp disc. I don't think this laptop could handle vista or win7

My Granddaughter is turning 9 in February and would like to give her this machine as her first laptop (she has computer labs already in 3rd grade).
Not in a position to do better at this time (retired limited income).
If everything checks out I will get a new 160 gb HDD and CD/dvd from Newegg, but can't afford to waste $$ on a project that is not worth the $ if you understand.
in a nutshell all I want is:
Winxp to run off a usb drive on the laptop. why is this so hard?

If you can be of some help inthis quest I would appreciate it, thanks :good:

#9 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:05 AM

Ah I c said the blind man lol ,
I am trying to make a bootable usb xp drive , one like what I remember BartPe to be I had a cd years ago, long gone, but alas after 2 days of constant d/l'ing and trying (including bartpe) I am no closer to my goal!
I am working on and old Dell inspiron 1200, the HDD is no good and I have removed it, the cd player is iffy at best runs when it wants to, it only has 256mb DDR1 ram, (yes it's old 2005) so I am left with using a flashdrive , (8GB PNY mini attache) for my temp os until I see if there is anything else wrong with the unit. I have a OEM winxp disc. I don't think this laptop could handle vista or win7

I see. :)
Problem is that you will need "another" PC to build the stick.

Winxp to run off a usb drive on the laptop. why is this so hard?

You have a "reverse" attitude. :dubbio:
:dubbio:Officially and according to Microsoft, running XP from a USB device is IMPOSSIBLE.
A number of peeps - nothwithstanding this - made it possible. :yahoo:
So the point is not about being sad because it's hard :w00t:, it's about being happy because it has become possible. :smiling9:

If you can be of some help inthis quest I would appreciate it, thanks :good:

It all depends on your current skills/knowledge and on the amount of time you wish to dedicate to this.
If I were you I would try first thing the "fully automated way":
http://www.usboot.org/tiki-index.php
If anything goes wrong, second attempt would be using wimb's little app:
http://www.911cd.net...showtopic=23553
http://reboot.pro/13731/
before going all the way down to the basics (Dietmar's Stoelting tutorials).
In any case, should you need support/help, please start a new thread here:
http://reboot.pro/forum/71/

Wonko
  • slo_hand2 likes this

#10 slo_hand2

slo_hand2
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:37 PM

I see. :)
Problem is that you will need "another" PC to build the stick.

You have a "reverse" attitude. :dubbio:
:dubbio:Officially and according to Microsoft, running XP from a USB device is IMPOSSIBLE.
A number of peeps - nothwithstanding this - made it possible. :yahoo:
So the point is not about being sad because it's hard :w00t:, it's about being happy because it has become possible. :smiling9:

It all depends on your current skills/knowledge and on the amount of time you wish to dedicate to this.
If I were you I would try first thing the "fully automated way":
http://www.usboot.org/tiki-index.php
If anything goes wrong, second attempt would be using wimb's little app:
http://www.911cd.net...showtopic=23553
http://reboot.pro/13731/
before going all the way down to the basics (Dietmar's Stoelting tutorials).
In any case, should you need support/help, please start a new thread here:
http://reboot.pro/forum/71/

Wonko

Reverse attitude? I know I'm old but what is a reverse attitude?
I am trying your suggestions doing usboot now quite length hope it does it for me!

#11 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:19 PM

Reverse attitude? I know I'm old but what is a reverse attitude?

As said, you should be happy that it has been made possible at all, as opposed to be sad and rant about it being hard ... :)

I am trying your suggestions doing usboot now quite length hope it does it for me!

Let's see what happens, please start a NEW THREAD if you have porblems, we have hijacked this one enough (sorry Max_Real Qnx :blush:).

Wonko

#12 slo_hand2

slo_hand2
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:28 PM

I give!!! when I made the partpe disc (not usb) it was very easy a few steps and I was done, but this is CRAZY!!! I guess it was not meanyt for me to have this on USB? anyway I am just going to replace the hardware , HDD and cd drive and be done with it if it works great if not a new door stop I guess, thanks everyone for your help!

#13 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:42 PM

Hello, this file was reported as broken. Is this information correct? :huh:

#14 Max_Real Qnx

Max_Real Qnx

Gold Member

• Patrician
  • 1382 posts
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:50 PM

Hello, this file was reported as broken. Is this information correct? :huh:

Hi Nuno Brito ;)

Now I've checked but the file and its links is working. Best regards :hi:

#15 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:59 PM

Thank you for confirming. I've set the report as reviewed, many times is an issue at the end-user side or ISP filters.

#16 MrChucong™

MrChucong™

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Life Or Death
  •  
    Vietnam

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

thank for shared

0 user(s) are reading this topic