LiveXP - BSOD 7B

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 reboot12

reboot12

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 287 posts
  • Interests:WinXP, Debian, OpenWrt, gPXE, iPXE, BIOS, UEFI, Coreboot, MS VirtualPC, VMware
  •  
    Poland

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:09 AM

I build and test some version: LiveXP, LiveXP_aljo. Both boot OK only in MS VirtualPC. In real machine after boot ISO over network i have blue screen 7B.

• eDvArDo likes this

#2 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

Propably in the real machine mandatory drivers are not in the PE. Usually a disk driver or a network driver is missing.

The project user has individually to add the hardware drivers which are needed in his real machine.

Peter

#3 reboot12

reboot12

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 287 posts
  • Interests:WinXP, Debian, OpenWrt, gPXE, iPXE, BIOS, UEFI, Coreboot, MS VirtualPC, VMware
  •  
    Poland

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

OK, i found project LiveXP Project LX.061412. In this WinPE working (ISO with WIM image) :-) but still don't know how make own WinPE to work :-(. What drivers need add to WinPE boot on all PC, Laptops ? I need universal disk drivers like in MiniXP from Hiren's BootCD. This MiniXP boot on all PC's.

Edited by reboot12, 02 August 2013 - 10:24 AM.

#4 reboot12

reboot12

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 287 posts
  •  
    Poland

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

No, my disk is ATA. In working WinPE (LiveXP Project LX.061412) found in Device Manager disk drivers:

• disk.sys
  • partmgr.sys

I not understand - in your project al_jo not these drivers ???

Edited by al_jo, 23 March 2014 - 11:19 AM.

#5 pengo

pengo
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    New Zealand

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

I've built several ISOs with LiveXP in WinBuilder 83.0.0.5. I'm using XP SP2 and building on a Windows XP machine with anti-virus software turned off. All builds run successfully in the Virtual PC, but all deliver a blue screen of death after the loading screen when I try to boot them from a CD on my new Sony SVS13133CG. The Sony has only a Linux OS (Crunchbang, a Debian distro). The errors:

0x0000007B (0xF78Ba528, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

The only reason I'm going to the trouble of creating a bootable CD is to run a DVD firmware flashing utility which requires Windows. I've tried BartPC, but that doesn't find the DVD drive.

Although they're apparently successful, the LiveXP builds give me the following warnings and handled errors.

Warnings:
(TreeSizeFreeware_SB.script) Invalid parameter count: [RegWrite,HKLM,0x0,WB-Software\Classes\CLSID\{F5078F27-C551-11D3-89B9-0000F81FE221}]
(TreeSizeFreeware_SB.script) Invalid parameter count: [RegWrite,HKLM,0x0,WB-Software\Classes\CLSID\{F5078F37-C551-11D3-89B9-0000F81FE221}]
(TreeSizeFreeware_SB.script) Invalid parameter count: [RegWrite,HKLM,0x0,WB-Software\Classes\TypeLib\{F5078F18-C551-11D3-89B9-0000F81FE221}]
(TreeSizeFreeware_SB.script) Invalid parameter count: [RegWrite,HKLM,0x0,WB-Software\Classes\TypeLib\{F5078F18-C551-11D3-89B9-0000F81FE221}\3.0\0]
(TreeSizeFreeware_SB.script) Invalid parameter count: [RegWrite,HKLM,0x0,WB-Software\Classes\xmlfile\shell]
(TreeSizeFreeware_SB.script) Invalid parameter count: [RegWrite,HKLM,0x0,WB-Software\Classes\xmlfile\shell\Open]
(TreeSizeFreeware_SB.script) Invalid parameter count: [RegWrite,HKLM,0x0,WB-Software\Classes\xslfile\shell]
(TreeSizeFreeware_SB.script) Invalid parameter count: [RegWrite,HKLM,0x0,WB-Software\Classes\xslfile\shell\Open]
(SumatraPDF) Invalid parameter count: [reg_add,0x0,%reg%\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.pdf\OpenWithProgids,SumatraPDF,]

Handled errors:
(RegFactory.Script) RegRead - Failed to read specified key from: [HKLM]Section: [SOFTWARE\InnoTek\VirtualBox] Key: [InstallDir] to variable:: [%vmdir%]
(RegFactory.Script) RegRead - Failed to read specified key from: [HKLM]Section: [SOFTWARE\Sun\xVM VirtualBox] Key: [InstallDir] to variable:: [%vmdir%]
(RegFactory.Script) RegRead - Failed to read specified key from: [HKLM]Section: [SOFTWARE\Sun\xVM VirtualBox] Key: [InstallDir] to variable:: [%vmdir%]
(RegFactory.Script) RegRead - Failed to read specified key from: [HKLM]Section: [SOFTWARE\Sun\VirtualBox] Key: [InstallDir] to variable:: [%vmdir%]
(RegFactory.Script) RegRead - Failed to read specified key from: [HKLM]Section: [SOFTWARE\Sun\VirtualBox] Key: [InstallDir] to variable:: [%vmdir%]
(CopyAndExpand.Script) Expand - Failed to copy [F:\I386\SP2.cab] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\LiveXP\I386\System32\drivers\]: The specified module could not be found. 
(RemovableDevicesCombo.script) RegRead - Failed to read specified key from: [HKLM]Section: [WB-Setup\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\ftdisk\0000] Key: [Driver] to variable:: [%TMP%]
(RemovableDevicesCombo.script) RegRead - Failed to read specified key from: [HKLM]Section: [WB-Setup\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\dmio\0000] Key: [Driver] to variable:: [%TMP%]

I have insufficient experience with WinBuilder to know whether these warnings and handled errors are significant.

Any thoughts on my best next step will be welcome:

1. Should I try a different WinBuilder library? If so, which one?
  2. If I do need to resolve the above log entries, how should I go about that?
  3. The LiveXP project script has an internal date of March 2009 - is there perhaps a more recent version somewhere?
  4. Would it help to post full specs for the target laptop?

Thanks.

#6 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

Forget your (lack of) experience with Winbuilder :w00t: .

Those warnings/errors are of very little relevance and NOT connected to the issue you are having.

The 0x0000007b is not a "fault" of Winbuilder or of the LiveXP project you are using, and it is not even your fault :), it is the XP SOURCE you are using that is missing the appropriate Mass Storage driver.

Your "new" Sony in 99.99% of cases has a SATA bus for which XP has not built-in the appropriate driver.

On some BIOSes (very rarely in the case of a laptop) there is a setting in BIOS to boot in "IDE emulation mode" (that will not need the SATA drivers), but more likely you will need to either integrate the specific one to the source or integrate the whole "Drivers Pack" (this is done "before and outside" running Winbuilder).

:cheers:
Wonko

#7 reboot12

reboot12

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 287 posts
  •  
    Poland

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

Regarding SATA maybe that's right but I start this thread because STOP 7B appears while boot on real machine which have not SATA controller. Motherboard in this machine is Soltek SL-75DRV4 and this have only ATA controller.

#8 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

Regarding SATA maybe that's right but I start this thread because STOP 7B appears while boot on real machine which have not SATA controller. Motherboard in this machine is Soltek SL-75DRV4 and this have only ATA controller.

Well, what you posted was another thing:

I build and test some version: LiveXP, LiveXP_aljo. Both boot OK only in MS VirtualPC. In real machine after boot ISO over network i have blue screen 7B.

Which opens a whole lot of possibilities in "disconnecting" when from the initial "real mode" the build switches to "protected mode" and needs a virtual disk driver of some kind (which is not found and leads to the 0x0000007b), in the case of a .iso booting from network it is this virtual disk drier that somehow it is missing or not configured correctly).

Wonko

#9 pengo

pengo
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    New Zealand

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

Thank you Wonko,

I've checked the laptop's BIOS and it does not have IDE emulation mode.

you will need to either integrate the specific one to the source or integrate the whole "Drivers Pack" (this is done "before and outside" running Winbuilder).

You are, indeed, very sane.

I've read something in passing about Drivers Packs, but can you tell me a little more? Does this mean I need to go and find the specific drivers for my laptop? Or is there a generic Drivers Pack that should include the drivers I need? And, for whichever approach I need to take, is there a detailed guide somewhere? I will search the forum, but you may have information at your fingertips.

The alternative for what I want to do is to use my recovery discs to reinstall Windows 8, flash the DVD drive, then reinstall Crunchbang - perhaps with a larger primary boot sector this time, which will let me install a side-by-side Windows OS if I ever need one again. But if I can get a working LiveXP disc it'll achieve the same result with less effort.

Regards.

#10 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

Here:

http://driverpacks.net/

Check however the chipset/availability of drivers for XP, it would be "first" time, but it is possible that if the hardware is very, very new a driver for XP is not available at all (like only Vista  :ph34r: or later supported).

You may then want to build a QuickPE:

http://reboot.pro/fi...le/340-quickpe/

of some kind or a MistyPE:
http://reboot.pro/fi...le/357-mistype/

instead of the LiveXP.

Wonko

#11 bee4u

bee4u

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 172 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:46 PM

i wonder why Hiren's BootCD  MiniXP boot on most of  PC's while live xp often shows BSOD on real pcs

what is in Hiren's BootCD  MiniXP package that does not have driver issues...any specific pakage... :frusty:

#12 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

i wonder why WAREZ boot on most of  PC's while live xp often shows BSOD on real pcs

what is in WAREZ package that does not have driver issues...any specific pakage...  :frusty:

Driver Packs integrated? :whistling:

Wonko

#13 bee4u

bee4u

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 172 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

how to  integrate Driver Packs in livexp pe..or in any pe version...?

#14 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

how to  integrate Driver Packs in livexp pe..or in any pe version...?

READ the §@ç#ing documentation on the site!:

http://driverpacks.net/

READ the previous post !

You DO NOT (normally) integrate Driver Packs into LiveXP, you integrate them in the SOURCE XP CD that you use as base to build the LiveXP.

USE google! (or you have it broken, by chance? :w00t: :dubbio:)

Depending on your needs, you may want to import drivers (including the Drivers Pack) after the PE is booted:

http://reboot.pro/to...oot-not-before/

http://forum.driverp...pic.php?id=3217

Also, WHAT exactly do you think that the scripts in:

http://livexp.boot-land.net/

LiveXP/Drivers/4 Storage

Actually do? particularly these ones:

• Bin file for Build DPs Mass Storage Drivers script 009 10,77 Mb Contains DP BASE and .7z archive of mass storage drivers Galapo
  • Build DPs Mass Storage Drivers script 059 330,82 Kb (x86 only) Builds (or re-builds) DriverPacks Mass Storage Drivers script. Galapo
  • DPs-MassStorageDrivers_au3    25    29,61 Kb    (x86 only) DPs_MassStorage_DriverPack Integrator with au3 programming    saydin77

:unsure:

I mean, unlike pengo and reboot12, you are by now a long time member of the board, you must have already used the spoon feeding vouchers given to new members ...  :whistling:

Wonko

#15 bee4u

bee4u

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 172 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

@Wonko the Sane  yes you are right old memeber should know by now.but human is to err...! and  i forgot different method to do the job..cuz i was not in touch with the forum and project..any way THX remainding the subject..!

READ the §@ç#ing documentation on the site!:

we dont expect these words from such a senior member of the board..... :pressure:  cuz if senior member does these bull$%&@ then what do you expect from juniors...!!!..i know you got irritated by my query...but one should know there must be some reason behind it...human is to err...!

i hope you dont mind my humble reply and pay heed to what is said. :smiling9:

anyway VIDEOS links for integrating drivers in windows....:

XP: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=qYISAIrU7a0    win7 : http://www.youtube.c...h?v=f9iv7F4vfCA     :smiling9: :smiling9:

#16 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

i hope you dont mind my humble reply and pay heed to what is said.  :smiling9:

anyway VIDEOS links for integrating drivers in windows....:

XP: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=qYISAIrU7a0    win7 : http://www.youtube.c...h?v=f9iv7F4vfCA     :smiling9: :smiling9:

Sure I don't mind :), the idea was just to shock you :w00t: out of idleness. ;)

Wonko

#17 reboot12

reboot12

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 287 posts
  •  
    Poland

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

The same drivers such as WLAN can work or not to work in different versions of WinPE (HBCD, LiveXP) - read this :-)
Likewise, it may be with a disk drivers.

#18 pengo

pengo
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    New Zealand

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

This is a final post from me.

I tried with driverspack.net, but the site's tutorial appears not to match the current version of the utility, and after a couple of unavailing hours I gave it away. It's a shame I didn't see the video tutorial links earlier.

Last night I bit the bullet and restored Windows 8 onto my laptop, successfully ran the flashing utility, then re-installed Linux. I now have a region-agnostic DVD drive - hurrah!

Interestingly it takes three hours and four DVDs to recover a Windows installation, about twenty minutes and one CD for Linux.

Thanks for all your help, especially to the sane among us.

#19 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

Last night I bit the bullet and restored Windows 8 onto my laptop, successfully ran the flashing utility, then re-installed Linux. I now have a region-agnostic DVD drive - hurrah!

Interestingly it takes three hours and four DVDs to recover a Windows installation, about twenty minutes and one CD for Linux.

Well, to be fair, you are comparing apples with oranges (which is alright, BTW ;)):

http://www.improbabl...1-3-apples.html

You are most probably comparing a "full" OEM disk recovery (including, in the specific case of Sony, HP or similar an awful amount of bloatware) with a Linux "fresh" install.

A "plain" Windows 8 install source fits in a single DVD and it installs much faster than that.

Wonko

#20 bee4u

bee4u

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 172 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:58 PM

@Wonko the Sane  yes  now onwards we both are out of idleness............. :loleverybody: :clap: :thumbsup:

#21 bee4u

bee4u

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 172 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

i cannot boot to my Laptop Packard Bell  Intel Core i3 380m 4GB DDR3 Ram with Intel HD Graphic with Livexp  generic vga driver script and i cant get windows xp driver for it to integrate in the windows source . i tried drivepacks vga driver c catergory pack.

Livexp loads to desktop then BSOD error is file frambuf infinite loop and 0xEA.

any hints to pass this error...THX

#22 bee4u

bee4u

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 172 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

Any way  i  managed to work it out..the problem is that when i boot livxp_ram.iso which has BOOTSDI.IMG made by bootsdi+w2ksp1 files from usb it gives same error ..0xEA...but when i boot BOOTSDI.IMG taken from same livxp_ram.iso on usb it worked.... :smiling9:

why livxp_ram.iso dont work ...i mean the iso does not work form usb.or from cd :confused1:

Wonko the Sane ..any hints how to solve it...THX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users