why this command didnt work just for the sake of knowing.. :rolleyes:
title LiveXP-BOOTSDI
find --set-root /i386/BOOTSDI.IMG
map /I386/BOOTSDI.IMG (hd0)
map --hook
chainloader (hd0,0)/NTLDR

BOOTSDI.IMG are a part of Live XP only.
Major boot files are missing within the image: setupldr.bin and ntdetect.com
There is no file ntldr within the image.
This BOOTSDI.IMG can not boot on it's own. Hence a direct grub4dos mapping will fail.
And given 2003 ramdisk only, there'll be a BSOD 0x7b.

#52 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:11 AM

That way, all LiveXP files are within one folder.

Nice :thumbsup: , particulary the w.f file naming :), but if I were to make mods, I would rather try to insert the SETUPLDR.BIN and NTDETECT.COM inside the image, not entirely unlike the mentioned Recovery Console image:

http://reboot.pro/to...ge-2#entry42525

Then only the WINNT.SIF needs to remains in root of device, or one can try using the w.f approach.

:cheers:

Wonko

#53 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

Little improvement.
If setupldr and ntdetect would be inside the image, the image would need to be loaded by g4d and winnt.sif would make no sense at the root of the USB-Drive. It would better be situated inside the image as well.

If i remember correctly, setupldr scans the roots of all drives for winnt.sif and uses the first one it finds, that's why the folks, which use PE to install XP, rename winnt.sif to something else.

#54 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

Little improvement.
If setupldr and ntdetect would be inside the image, the image would need to be loaded by g4d and winnt.sif would make no sense at the root of the USB-Drive. It would better be situated inside the image as well.

If i remember correctly, setupldr scans the roots of all drives for winnt.sif and uses the first one it finds, that's why the folks, which use PE to install XP, rename winnt.sif to something else.

I don't know, experiments need to be made, but at the time of the mentioned recovery console image it seems to me like it needed to be in root of the "real" device, which is "logical" since paths are "relative" to a "general" root.

I mean, this:

[SetupData]
BootDevice="ramdisk(0)"
BootPath="\i386\System32\"
OsLoadOptions="/fastdetect /minint /rdexportashd /rdimageoffset=32256 /rdpath=\i386\BootSDI.img"

makes sense if the WINNT.SIF is in \ (and the image is contained inside the device which has the WINNT.SIF, i.e. \i386\BootSDI.img.

Maybe "elements" like "." (self) and ".." (one dir up) can be used? (but this won't be of use anyway).

Some obscure "arcpath" (possibly with signature sintax")? :dubbio:

Wonko

P.S.:This could be the occasion for using the OFS (Overlapped File System), but would it make sense? :w00t:

#55 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

In an OFS the location wouldn't matter, since the root of the device would also be the root of the ramdisk.

Would be nice to try OFS with a FAT system, instead of a CDFS one.

#56 cdob

cdob

Gold Member

• Expert
  • 1469 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

Yes, that's the prefered approch.
However this is similiar to the ISO approach.
The question: does the image mode works at the pesky desktop?

As for http://reboot.pro/to...e-2#entry178474
\XPRAM\w.f
\XPRAM\ND.COM
\XPRAM\SETUPLDR.BIN
\XPRAM\XP_RAM.img
\ntdetect.com --> \XPRAM\nd.com
\winnt.sif --> \XPRAM\w.f (rdpath adusted to \XPRAM\XP_RAM.img)

That way, all LiveXP files are within one folder.

title  LiveXP_RAM \XPRAM\
map --mem /XPRAM/SETUPLDR.BIN (rd)
#checksum: geitonaki http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=58410
write --offset=0x2060 (rd)+1 \xEB\x1A
#\ntdetect.com --> \XPRAM\nd.com
cat --locate="\\ntdetect" --replace="\\XPRAM\\nd" (rd)+1
#winnt.sif --> XPRAM\w.f
cat --locate="winnt.sif" --replace="XPRAM\\w.f" (rd)+1
chainloader (rd)+1
root ()

#57 bee4u

bee4u

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 172 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

@cdob

Describe the hardware more detailed. Which Desktop do you use? Which manufacturer, modell, motherboard and BIOS version.
Packard Bell builded more then one laptop, describe the hardware more detailed

Desktop is Non Branded pc :Pentium DualCore E5200  @2.50GHz 1 GB Ram motherboard is ASRock 775i65G http://www.asrock.co.../Intel/775i65G/ bois version 3.30

Laptop Packard Bell  Intel Core i3 380m 4GB DDR3 Ram specs file is attached.

Attached Files

• Attached File  pk.txt   1.01KB   655 downloads

#58 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

Are you going to continue keeping TWO topics opened for essentially the same issue, or it would make more sense to leave this thread:

http://reboot.pro/to...livexp-bsod-7b/

(which is about a BSOD 0x0000007b that you are NOT amymore experiencing) alone?

And post on this thread that info?

Also, as always, you are posting CONFUSING info, this:

http://reboot.pro/to...od-7b/?p=178545

Any way i managed to work it out..the problem is that when i boot livxp_ram.iso which has BOOTSDI.IMG made by bootsdi+w2ksp1 files from usb it gives same error ..0xEA...but when i boot BOOTSDI.IMG taken from same livxp_ram.iso on usb it worked....

why livxp_ram.iso dont work ...i mean the iso does not work form usb.or from cd

is NOT understandable (or at least I cannot understand, even using my crystal ball, WHAT builds you are referring to , WHICH one worked which one do not, HOW EXACTLY used EACH of them, all info NEEDED to provide - hopefully - some senceful support).

Standard Litany, PLEASE:

http://homepage.ntlw...ard-litany.html

Particularly:

Note the words "actual", "exact", "complete", and "precisely". Problem reports that are vague or superficial are worthless. ("I'm ill, doctor. Help!")

Also note that problem reports that you deliberately distort will yield an incorrect diagnosis and very probably an ineffective remedy.

You should have by now learned that the "I'm ill, doctor. Help!" does not work and you might want to consider how other members (including yours truly) might become tired EVERY §@ç#ing time :ranting2: to extort from you :w00t: :ph34r:, over several posts forth and back the relevant information that you should have provided initially. 

Wonko

#59 bee4u

bee4u

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 172 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

@Wonko the Sane COOL DOWN MAN... :suda:  its different topic realted to boot livexp bootsdi.img on laptop  giving STOP error 0xEA , nothing to do with this topic.

this topic is i can NOT run bootsdi.img of livexp and that topic is i CAN run livexp bootsdi.img  on laptop but BSOD  STOP error 0xEA ..just want to know how to workout the BSOD STOP error 0xEA  on laptop.

see post http://reboot.pro/to...od-7b/?p=178424 and this http://reboot.pro/to...od-7b/?p=178545

i hope now you got my point....and will work out  for that topic not this .. :smiling9:

#60 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

@Wonko the Sane COOL DOWN MAN... :suda:  its different topic realted to boot livexp bootsdi.img on laptop  giving STOP error 0xEA , nothing to do with this topic.

this topic is i can NOT run bootsdi.img of livexp and that topic is i CAN run livexp bootsdi.img  on laptop but BSOD  STOP error 0xEA ..just want to know how to workout the BSOD STOP error 0xEA  on laptop.

see post http://reboot.pro/to...od-7b/?p=178424 and this http://reboot.pro/to...od-7b/?p=178545

i hope now you got my point....and will work out  for that topic not this .. :smiling9:

NO. :(

That topic is "LiveXP - BSOD 7B". 

This topic is "Live xp and BootSDI",

You fail to see how you needlessly hijacked a thread (BTW started by another user in need of help/assistance) about a BSOD 0x0000007b and CORRECTLY tiltled "LiveXP - BSOD 7B" by posting your request for help on an altogether different issue, first the integration of DriversPack and later for yet another issue, the BSOD STOP error 0xEA on your laptop.

The general idea of a board topic is that it remains - if possible - ON topic, and it is expected that non-newbies understand this basic concept and tries his/her best to not hijack a topic, particularly if he/she isn't the topic starter.

You also fail to see how on a board you do not ask for help "ad personam" and how the EXACT, ACCURATE, EXHAUSTIVE informations that you are asked to provide in order to be helped, besides making more probable that someone can actually help you (and allow these good intentioned members to do so as fast and with the least effort possible) are useful (or will become useful) to other people that may have the same or similar issues, i.e. through helping you an idea, a workaround or a solution might become of use for something or someone else.

If you prefer, by omitting informations or providing vague or confusing ones, not only you reduce the probabilities that someone will take the added time to get such info from you, but you are making a damage to the whole board ( I could have personally spent the time I lost to explain over and over these same basic concepts into something more useful or helping someone else), contribute to "hide" a hopefully found solution or workaround from search results into an exceptionally long thread largely occupied by the attempts to get the information from you or dedicated to a completely different issue from what the topic title says and - before or later - such attitude will result in other members simply failing to reply to your questions and/or stop assisting you.

There is - as always - an alternative  which is providing you with some vague, confusing or absurd information/advice, so that you will also lose a lot of time in attempting to interpret them, and attempt to implement them, as it happens on a number of technical boards, example

To solve the 0xEA error you should limit externally the kernel linkage to the framebuffer.

A co-driver may help with it, but only if you have less than 3 Gb of Ram, otherwise the user-space helper may connect to RIng 0, especially if you have noframe set in the BIOS.

UEFI is different.

Wonko

#61 cdob

cdob

Gold Member

• Expert
  • 1469 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

ASRock 775i65G bois version 3.30

It's a I865 chipset with a BIOS from 2009. That's early USB booting.
Yes, expect strange USB boot behaviour at this.

#62 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

The 'vague, confusing or absurd information/advice' gave me an idea.
How about setup parameter /burnmemory=numberMB or /maxmem=numberMB to limit the available memory on the laptop to less than 3GB?
This should help with a weird driver problem.

#63 bee4u

bee4u

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 172 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

@Wonko the Sane  first of all i dont want to offend any one and never ever try to hijack someone' thread, the thread BSOD 0x0000007b and tiltled "LiveXP - BSOD 7B"is about BSOD mainly only the error code is different , BSOD 7B mine is BSOD EA.

you mentioned about driverpacks to solve most of BSOD 7B errors so i used it

so topic is "LiveXP - BSOD 7B" thats way i asked the question about LiveXP BSOD EA (code is different) instead of starting new thread i continued over there.

As per your advice fom now on i will start new thread for any of my quiries help and problems.

i agree my way of asking question is seldom vague or i cannot express it properly...cuz i am not EXPERT like you just a LEARNER

Newbies often ask question which is vague but Expert like you know how to answer it and correct them

i will do my best to be to the point next time.

BTW i dont understand the relpy to my query..any solution to my problem....! THX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users