#1 bee4u

bee4u

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 172 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:50 AM

kindly tell me how to add portble application in live xp project..
i tried ppApps script but cant work it out..i mean where to put portable application folder and
ppApps script,,,,i have seen the topic in the forum but confused ....!!! :( ..THX

#2 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:24 AM

Simply put ppAppsGen11.script in \\Projects\LiveXP\Apps\System Tools and run project to completion; the script is already included in any of my projects. Place your ppApps base folder at root of any visible drive for automatic import at PE boot. Let me know if you have any questions.
:cheers:
  • Brito likes this

#3 bee4u

bee4u

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 172 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:57 AM

you mean i have to put ppAppsGen11.script in \\Projects\LiveXP\Apps\System and in \\Projects\LiveXP\Apps\Tools
and put the ppApps base folder after compilation of the cd in the root of the cd..if before compilation of cd then where to put
ppApps base folder with portable apps ....?
where to download ppAppsGen11.script..coz i have ppAppsGen10.script..THX..!

#4 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:56 AM

You only need one script added to the project, in mine the directory will be located at "\\Projects\LiveXP\Apps\System Tools"; yours may be different but similar. Any Apps sub-folder will do nicely, the exact folder isn't important.

There is an option to add ppApps in the script interface, this will add the programs to your PE image (like adding scripts) but this is not necessary or even recommended as the programs will be locked into the build which sort of defeats the whole idea of being portable.

Once project is run (with or without included ppApps in build), any time you boot the PE it will search all available drives (internal, external. USB etc.) for a ppApps folder containing your portable programs.

Important! Theses programs need to be setup a certain way in order to be detected and imported by your boot disk. If you use the ones I've setup for you they should work fine. You can read more about creating your own in the tutorial. Just make sure the folder structure looks like this (F:\ can be any drive letter):
Posted Image

You can download the latest version of the script here: http://www.mediafire...ppAppsGen11.rar

#5 bee4u

bee4u

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 172 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:57 PM

i have done as you told it didnt work ..i dont know what mistake i am doing..
i copied ppApps script in livexp\Apps\system and made folder named ppApps in it then made folder named Portable as mentioned in ppApps script ..in that folder i made folder of my portabl application with ppApp.ini..
so it looks like this livexp\Apps\system\ppApps\Portable\portable application.
could you point out what i am doing wrong.... i am using LiveXP project ..THX..!!

#6 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:37 PM

Download this test package: http://www.mediafire...ppApps_test.rar
Extract ppApps folder and copy it to root of any drive, say "C:\ppApps".

Boot your PE and watch system tray (next to clock), do you see ppAppsGen icon appear? Are there shortcuts created on Desktop etc.? If not, post link to log.html generated by your project. Use MediaFire or similar to host file.

#7 bee4u

bee4u

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 172 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:12 PM

i have download ppApps and copy it to root of "C:\ppApps".
yes i do see ppAppsGen icon appear next to clock shortcuts is created Desktop etc.
but i cant see ppApps folder in livexp cd ..not working..!
in the ppAppsGen script i kept folder name Portable.. and ppAppsGen script is in \\Projects\LiveXP\Apps\System

Log file .. http://www.mediafire...4wb4qo4eysdf1l3

#8 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:44 AM

yes i do see ppAppsGen icon appear next to clock shortcuts is created Desktop etc.

It appears ppAppsGenPE is running and adding shortcuts (Check Disk, Driver Injection, License crawler etc.) to your Desktop and Start menu. This means the build is fine and working as expected.

but i cant see ppApps folder in livexp cd ..not working..!

Does your program get loaded if added to "C:\ppApps"? If not, something is wrong with your setup. Post the contents of your ppApp.ini here. It needs to contain the following data:

<Title>

Some Program Name

<Flags>

MakeInRoot = 0

MakeStart = 1

MakeSendTo = 0

MakeDesktop = 1

MakeQuickLaunch = 0

<StartMenuSourcePath>

Main Folder\Sub-Folder

<ppApp>

CommandLine = "Program.exe"

ShortcutName = "Program Name"

Description = "Description of program."

<End>

Program.exe must reflect the exact name of your executable in same folder as ppApp.ini. If the executable is in a sub-folder then the command needs to reflect this e.g. "Sub-folder\Program.exe"

If it works in "C:\ppApps" but not added to PE image, you have probably added a superfluous ppApps sub-folder i.e. it should be "\\Workbench\Common\ppApps\yourProgram" not "\\Workbench\Common\ppApps\ppApps\yourProgram". ;)

#9 bee4u

bee4u

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 172 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:35 AM

sorry to say that ppAppsGen icon appear next to clock for short time then it disappear but shortcuts is created on Desktop and quicklaunch.i am using to test this folder C:\ppApps which i downloaded but still no luck not in cd and not in live xp and not in
\Workbench\Common\ppApps. ppApp.ini is already in downloaded ppApps folder...
what is missing to run it properly...? even your test ppApps folder is not working................?

#10 bee4u

bee4u

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 172 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:19 AM

kindly see the screen shot in QEMU taken:
1) first screen shot shows that it is installed ppApps and shortcut is on desktop quicklaunch and in System dir.

2) second screen shot shows shorcuts have finished installing
which is 0 (zero) shortcuts
so what is exactly wrong ..? i am using downloaded ppApps folder application which is still not running and not in the iso created...?
plz clear it out...what are the mistakes ...Thank You...!

download screenshot : http://www.mediafire...4ges7147m8et4k0

#11 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:57 AM

...so what is exactly wrong ..? i am using downloaded ppApps folder application which is still not running and not in the iso created...?

What I'm seeing, from the screenshots, log etc. is that ppAppsGenPE is installed in your PE correctly and running normally at boot but not finding any programs to install. This can't be the case under normal conditions but virtual/emulated (Qemu) creates its own separate issues where drives may not be visible from the virtual/emulated 'machine'. Rather than fight with Qemu, can you test the boot CD in a real machine?

Now, even in Qemu, the internal (added through script interface) ppApps should be loading. This is more likely an issue with your portable setup; you will need to add known working programs (like the ones I sent you) for this test.

When you say "not in the iso created", what do you mean? There will be no ppApps folder at the root of the ISO/CD; there will only be ppApps folder at external location (C:\ppApps) or, if internal, look to %systemDrive%\i386\ppApps".

:)

#12 bee4u

bee4u

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 172 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:14 PM

amalux ..ThankYou . :1st: :clap: yes you are right ..i misunderstood the ppApps function.it looks for ppApps folder at external location (C:\ppApps) or any visble drive..! not in pe image(cd/dvd)...it worked perfectly..!

if i want it to load from my cd PE image.i have added it through " Iinclude ppApps in PE image: %GlobalTemplates%\ppApps "
it opens common folder location to put the folder ppApps and then in PE image on cd i find it in this location %systemDrive%\i386\ppApps.
but i want this folder to be in the root of the cd (PE image ), out of the I386 folder not in it. how to do that...?
is there any other way to add portable application in the PE image (CD) iso ..beside ppApps script..THX..

#13 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:59 PM

Hey, glad it's working!

...is there any other way to add portable application in the PE image (CD) iso ..beside ppApps script..THX..

Yes! It's as simple as drag and drop with any good ISO editor (I use UltraISO). Just open the image, drag ppApps folder to root and save. Works great but requires some tweaking of ppApps setups and a writable %temp% directory with plenty of space.

I keep it in the system folder for compatibility with other projects, booting from HDD, UFD etc. Adding to root of ISO (as opposed to WIM) will only work from CD/DVD and only works with specific setup of project.

You must have a writable %temp% directory (R:\Temp) and the portables must know to extract (and run from) this directory. This shouldn't be a problem with most simple portables but can cause errors with more complex setups if not done properly.

I am currently testing a set of ppApps (portables) with this functionality in mind. If you want to help me with beta testing, send me a PM.

• bee4u likes this

#14 bee4u

bee4u

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 172 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:25 PM

yes i am glad to do..thx
PM is not working..?

#15 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:51 PM

PM is not working..?

Should have known...

Here is test package: http://www.mediafire...univ_081211.rar

Here is test build: http://www.mediafire...0_070411-08.rar

Just build normally and add ppApps to PE image (either via script interface or direct to root ISO) and test usability when booted from CD/DVD. Report any issues here or via PM (if working), thanks in advance for your help.

#16 bee4u

bee4u

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 172 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:31 AM

i am testing it and will post the result... :) :)
i want to know what is the aim of " add win2k3sp1 setupldr.bin and ramdisk.sys " in Create Iso script....?
coz for bootsdi we choose bootsdi script only.
does selecting this option in Create Iso script and win2k3_ramdisk driver create ramdisk iso without using bootsdi script...?
Thx ..in advance....!! B)

#17 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:19 AM

:)
i want to know what is the aim of " add win2k3sp1 setupldr.bin and ramdisk.sys " in Create Iso script....?

I assume that this is for using the ISO via grub4dos mapped to memory but I must admit I never use CreateISO. The WimBoot or (older) BootSDI ISO's are bootable from any media, CD/DVD/USB/UFD/HDD etc. I can't say if CreateISO is this flexible.

#18 bee4u

bee4u

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 172 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:27 AM

THX.... :) i will post the result soon of urs livexp with wimboot ramdisk build... B)

#19 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:32 PM

Long before BootSDI there was create ISO and with those win2k3 files the iso could be loaded into RAM. (without grub4dos)
Disadvantage: no compression, ramdisk is needed since image is not writable
Advantage: image is not writable and therefore 100% virus resistant even during usage

#20 bee4u

bee4u

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 172 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:51 PM

THX for info..!
guys where i can get working opera with flash player browser script and firefox with flash player script.
i have tried most of it didnt work ask for the flashplugin..? even portable with flash plugin not working.. :huh:

what is " file based write filter" and when to use it in pe build...?

#21 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:11 PM

even portable with flash plugin not working.. :huh:

This one includes working Flash: http://www.mediafire...Opera10_ppA.zip

what is " file based write filter" and when to use it in pe build...?

FBWF is another way to provide writable RAM temp directory but isn't needed with BootSDI, WimBoot etc.

#22 bee4u

bee4u

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 172 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:14 AM

Dear amalux still flash is not working same error install flash..! see the image file :mellow:
http://www.mediafire...4a2qaql04h2e3ih

#23 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:50 AM

Using the same project and the Opera 10 portable I sent, it's working for me.

Posted Image

Is it possible you're still trying to use the 'built-in' Opera 8 instead of the portable? They would probably both have shortcuts available in the PE. I can't think of why the portable wouldn't work for you... How are you booting the PE, CD/DVD or ??

#24 bee4u

bee4u

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 172 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:06 AM

i am using portable version as u posted and i am using from cd

#25 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:46 AM

It's working for me from CD, however, not running from inside image (added through script option). Unlike the previous package I sent, that Opera 10 portable is not setup to run from inside the PE image. Give me some time and I'll update the package...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users