Photo
- - - - -

What scripts required to make a full function network?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 ccl

ccl

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
    Malaysia

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:22 AM

Dear all and Amalux,

I'm using
LiveXP-Rec (LX.041412) is a lite, fast WimBoot build, portable app's ready with latest Dipe AE and full ppApps support.

May i know which or what script required to turn on to make a full functional network ?

Thanks

Edited by ccl, 19 May 2012 - 12:22 AM.

#2 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:01 AM

Hi ccl,

That project comes with DP_LAN_wnt5_x86-32_1111.7z DriverPack which apparently doesn't support your NIC.

First thing to try is run DriverImportPE GUI from PE desktop to see if your network card is listed/supported in DIPE. Try to import it manually and see if that works, you'll need to run PENetwork manually (link on desktop) to confirm hw is recognized and working. If so, use Smart Driver Backup (included in PE) to save the driver and add it to your PE so it loads each time. The whole process and different options for adding drivers (without rebuilding PE) is outlined in the tutorial. Ask if you have questions ;)

#3 ccl

ccl

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
    Malaysia

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:55 AM

Dear Amalux, thanks it work perfectly. :cheerleader:

Amalux, i having 1 question.

How to remove this startmenu "setting ---> network connections" it seems not expand.

Thanks

#4 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:09 AM

How to remove this startmenu "setting ---> network connections" it seems not expand.

If you mean 'My Network Places', there's an option in Components -> Tweaks -> Explorer Shell - Tweaks. I have to look now to see what you mean by 'network connections'... Oh yeah, that thing; let me see what I can do...

#5 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:46 AM

Add this reg data to any early run setups.reg in ppApps, I added it to !WallCmd but anywhere will do; just add '!' to beginning of folder name to run early enough.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]

"NoNetworkConnections"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer]

"NoNetworkConnections"=dword:00000001

If you don't use ppApps you can add the following to the Process section of a script like MiscSettings (\Projects\LiveXP\Basic\Shells\Explorer Tweaks); not tested but should do the trick ;)
RegHiveLoad,Tmp_Default,%RegDefault%

RegWrite,HKLM,0x4,Tmp_Default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer,NoNetworkConnections,1

RegHiveUnLoad,Tmp_Default

RegHiveLoad,Tmp_Software,%RegSoftware%

RegWrite,HKLM,0x4,Tmp_Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer,NoNetworkConnections,1

RegHiveUnLoad,Tmp_Software

#6 ccl

ccl

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
    Malaysia

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:21 AM

Thanks, Amalux it works.

Dear Amalux, i trying teamviewer 6 and 7, some how it don't work out. only teamviewer v5 works.

May i know, i still missing what files and etc that teamviewer required?

#7 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:21 AM

This TeamViewer 6 works in both LiveXP and Win7PE_SE http://www.mediafire...vw4yt27tq69bksy

#8 ccl

ccl

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
    Malaysia

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:58 PM

Dear Amalux, thanks a lot for helping me.

By the way, Do i need to worry about the drivers? when i changing to new chipset motherboard example Q35 to Z77 chipset ?

Your LiveXP is universal driver support?

please teach me actually how they work since i still not fully understand why at LiveXP, i left it by default the winbuilder setting and didn't add extra driver for it but it works perfectly on different motherboard.

I still not very understand how i can add a new driver for it ! maybe 1 day i will getting a bluescreen because of new motherboard which don't having the latest driver for LiveXP.

Hope you can teach me and guide me. Thanks a lot. Hope you reply me soon

#9 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:05 AM

That's what I'm here for :)

I use LiveXP on many different machines, it's always my first choice and there's almost never a problem. Occasionally on newer machines the hard drive isn't recognized but that's where my trusty Win7PE comes to the rescue. I have them both on UFD so it's easy to switch between them as needed. If your stuck with only LiveXP, there's usually an option in BIOS for compatibility mode or IDE (or PATA) Emulation mode or similar which will allow LiveXP to boot normally. This setting is reversible but there's no downside to leaving it in this mode; if you notice a performance hit (you won't), just change it back. Some will ask, why not just start with PE3 to begin with but anyone who has used both already knows the answer to that ;)

As far as adding additional drivers, you shouldn't need to add mass storage or sata (hard drives); these are handled by Build DPs script in Drivers -> 4-Storage and use DriverPacks, currently DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_1107 which includes a wide range of MS drivers including SATA. If you want, you can update the DP by choosing 'Open Dps Path' from the script interface and replacing the current pack.

The drivers that you may need to supply are for NIC or audio and there's a nice section on that in the tutorial starting with 'Adding/Importing Drivers to PE'. Let me know if you have any questions.

#10 ccl

ccl

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
    Malaysia

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:46 AM

Dear Amalux,

Your guide is very good.

But now, i facing 1 difficulty. That i try connect to LAN with Teamviewer, all working perfectly after rebuilt. Now i try using my "Broadband USB Stick" "http://www.celcom.co.../usb_stick.php"
somehow it didn't work. Unable to connect. Device not detected after install their autorun program to install the Broadband USB program and devices.

LiveXP support this function ? or when i want to import the drivers. the import driver PE say need bus driver...... Hope you can help me out. thanks.

Edited by ccl, 22 May 2012 - 12:47 AM.

#11 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:01 AM

In your host OS (not PE) where the USB modem is installed and running, backup the drivers with Smart Driver Backup and add the drivers to your Drivers folder for Dipe to import at PE boot. Have the device plugged in when you boot the PE and see if it's recognized. If you have more than one modem, PENetwork may need to be configured accordingly. One step at a time, is the device recognized? Is it listed in PENetwork?

#12 ccl

ccl

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
    Malaysia

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:16 AM

Dear Amalux,

You wan me to put the drivers at PENetwork_driver folder before rebuild it?
it was a 3G modem but PE import failed for the 3G modem driver but the 3G Network Card install successfully. It listed in PE Network, only the 3G modem device not detected at the system device that why unable to used the broadband 3G USB because it required 3G modem to dial into.

Sorry for the problem.

At my host computer, i'm able to detect Huawei 3G modem and Huawei 3G Network Card. but at PE side some how unable to install the 3G modem driver by using PEdriver import.

Do i need to check the PEdialup scrip???

Edited by ccl, 22 May 2012 - 03:22 AM.

#13 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:37 AM

No, in your host OS (not in PE), if you run Smart Driver Backup, can you see the drivers for that USB modem? I realize it may be confusing if you have more than one modem with similar listing but it's OK to backup 2-3 drivers if not sure which one.

Now, take those backed up driver folders generated by SDB and copy them to a folder at the root of any drive named Drivers (if not exist, create it).

Now, with the USB modem plugged in, boot your existing PE and watch to see if Dipe successfully imports them at startup.

Now check PENetwork to see if your USB modem is listed in the drop-down for all available devices. Let me know.

Oh, and if you haven't already, provide this for the wlan api in penetwork script.

#14 ccl

ccl

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
    Malaysia

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:06 AM

Tested by using ur way. Dipe not sucessfully imports them at startup. PENetwork didn't list in down the available devices.

I had to manually open Dipe and install it manually, then PENetwork will list out the available devices.

Dipe show the 2 Devices, 1 is the 3G modem and 3G Network. Dipe install successfully for 3G Network and PENetwork able to show out the devices while 3G modem installation failed.

Maybe i need all the drivers folder that SDB backup for me and put it at my "D:WinPELX.041412WorkbenchCommonDrivers" for rebuild it and including the "Wireless LAN API (KB918997)", is it ok ?

Edited by ccl, 22 May 2012 - 05:46 AM.

#15 ccl

ccl

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
    Malaysia

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:05 PM

Dear Amalux,

All the test failed after rebuilt. i found got 1 post which don't having any reply. http://reboot.pro/16788/

It was same issue that i'm facing right now. :dubbio: :suda:

#16 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:15 PM

Wireless USB devices working in LiveXP is no problem, mice, keyboards etc. but wireless (USB) modems are tricky. If I had the modem to test I might be of more help. Sorry :(

#17 ccl

ccl

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
    Malaysia

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:44 PM

Thanks Amalux, hope someones will had an idea about this tricky way. At least can learn new things. I learn a lot from you these past few days. Thank you very much. Respect and appreciate it a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users