#201 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:59 PM

Yes I commented out the explorer registry settings.

I remember now - I spent along time adding plugins one by one and discovered that the explorer registry settings in runscanner caused that problem in win7 pe.

Runscanner was the last plugin I tried as I would not of guessed it was causing the problem. See:

http://wb.paraglider...ew/whatsnew.htm

dated 4/19/2010

#202 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:52 AM

Hi Virtual-R,

where you've found this old script :) ? To avoid compatibility issues between pe1-2-3 to share properly in between, lots of fixes have been made in time :(. Sorry for your bad luck.

To avoid future bad luck, a tip: avoid using xCHM script around. I am not at home to check & update on servers but in my to do list.
There maybe some *rare* application scripts that may cause trouble time to time. Especially when script works nicely with pe2 but cause things on pe3 (ex: xCHM, runscanner old script).... Luckly they mostly cause startmenu & similar issues where light :smiling9: shines to catch. :cheers:

Hi paraglider,

before you removed explorer registry (before 4/19/2010) from script,
script at livexp server and vistape-capi server already fixed and updated.
http://livexp.boot-l...nscanner.script
after issues reported at this topic post 31 - 40* http://www.boot-land...?...ost&p=97986

BUT,
as far as i remember, when waik source used to build (make a test with vistape-capi) runscanner menu does not show properly. (menu: when there is more than one windows or none windows exists on drives).......

:(

#203 Virtual-R

Virtual-R

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 145 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:52 AM

Yeah, haha I always try to update scripts to their latest versions before I build :smiling9:.
But little innocent excellent Runscanner never came to my mind when I was tracking this problem!

If i would have been more alert, I would have noticed that the startmenu was completly empty from
Devices and printers, Computer, Help, Run.. And so on, but since I only really needed run it never hit me!

Anyway, it's fixed now and a good lesson is learned as usual! Thank you guys, and have a nice holiday! :)

#204 Virtual-R

Virtual-R

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 145 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:50 PM

Question, two of the files in the Tools-directory gets Symantec Antivirus to alert about trojan.adh. The files are zPeIMG.exe and InstWimFltr.exe. Is there something to do about this?

I have noticed that building without those two files work, but when you start the ISO winload.exe gets corrupted. Only solution for me is to keep zpeimg.exe.

Any idea what to do?

#205 al_jo

al_jo

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1218 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:57 PM

Question, two of the files in the Tools-directory gets Symantec Antivirus to alert about trojan.adh. The files are zPeIMG.exe and InstWimFltr.exe. Is there something to do about this?

Scanned those files with my latest Mbam and Avast.
Seems to be ok...
http://www.virustota...15a5-1283460731
http://www.virustota...3dc6-1283460918

#206 Virtual-R

Virtual-R

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 145 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:24 AM

I bet they are false positives actually. But as you can see, both F-Secure and Symantec thinks they are threats. I don't like this, my company were furios and thought that I had uploaded a virus to their server because stupid Symantec alerts on it, haha.

I have showed them that these files are harmless so they are not angry anomore, but the question is, what can we do, can we post those files to symantec and f-secure and demand them to be tested, so they can remove them from their signatures?

#207 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:13 AM

I do not know how Symantec works, but my AV vendor Avast accepts reports about false positives.

I twice had one, and some days after reporting it disappeared.

Peter

#208 al_jo

al_jo

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1218 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:46 AM

can we post those files to symantec and f-secure and demand them to be tested, so they can remove them from their signatures?

Symantec here:
https://submit.syman...false_positive/

F-Secure here:
https://analysis.f-s...rtal/login.html

#209 Virtual-R

Virtual-R

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 145 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:08 AM

Thanks for your answers guys.
I will check with symantec if it's possible to report false positives and tell you what I find! :D

Greetings // Robert

#210 ChrisR

ChrisR

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 784 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:11 AM

Since JFX left for a while now :D , there have been many updates, additions and information published.
Until JFX come back to continue this great project :D with all its talent.

I made too, many changes on Multi7PE SE, I offer my contribution, improvements and developments on this project.

I created a new topic to post this update Win7PE_SE Release

#211 Virtual-R

Virtual-R

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 145 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:05 AM

Fixed! Symantec has now whitelisted the two files! =)

#212 Blitzer

Blitzer
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:36 PM

Not sure if this is an error but in (main configurations) it always defaults windows 7 resolution to 800x600 even when I change it to 1280x800 and then build and run it it forces me to use 800x600, I have to manually set the resolution, is there anyway to modify the script or a solution to making it default at 1280x800 like its supposed to do?

is there a script that fixes this or a way to modify the script?

When I swamped the scripts from other win7 builds etc it gave me virus warnings,not sure if this is a false positive, since the makers of the other builds imported scripts from other authors, I do not want to swap scripts unless it is shows its clean.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users