#1 bshavers

bshavers

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 140 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:52 PM

Ok, it took a while to get this done, mostly because of other projects.  But it is done.  I have videos of most build methods, tips and tricks, pro’s and con’s, and aspects of WinFE that you may find important.  I also included every bit of downloadable swag in the course too (batch files, wallpaper, scripts, etc…).

All in all, this is probably the best source of WinFE you will find.  I encourage you to share it and use it, after all, this is a free tool.  If anyone has suggestions on making the course better, let me know and I can try to squeeze in some improvements.

On another note, I am also releasing the first of several X-Ways Forensics online courses on Monday, June 30, 2014.  I’ll send out a reminder on June 30 through twitter and the XWF blog.  The XWF online course is not free like the WinFE course, but it is also not expensive.  From Monday, the X-Ways course will be $195 but I will publish a discount code good for two weeks (through July 14) for 25% off.

The WinFE course was lots of work, but certainly worth the time to watch. The X-Ways course is something else entirely. The manner in which I made the X-Ways course is so that you can follow along with XWF in learning how to work a case with X-Ways Forensics.  The course describes the options and buttons in XWF, but also shows how to simply work a case.  There are literally so many features in X-Ways, that without training, you will be missing about 50% of what you should be doing.  I found that even the most current version of the X-Ways manual does not list features in XWF…lots of information to keep up with, tons of features to consider, easy to miss something that you should not miss for such a powerful forensic tool.

If you want to be notified of the coupon code, be sure to follow the X-Ways blog at http://xwaysforensics.wordpress.com/ or the twitter account at https://twitter.com/XWaysGuide.

1229 b.gif?host=winfe.wordpress.com&blog=1427

View the full article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users