#1 bshavers

bshavers

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 140 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:55 AM

I’m making a detailed tutorial on WinFE that I hope to finish in the upcoming week.  Virtually everything you need to know about WinFE will be in the tutorial, with demonstrations and instructions on everything you need to know.  I’m covering the basics to the advanced, different building methods, commercial and free/open source software to add to WinFE, how to use it in different situations, and how to prevent errors.  This means using it in forensic acquisitions, covert acquisitions, electronic discovery, triage, and preview.  You name it, I’m covering it.

The length will be about an hour (maybe a little more, maybe a little less) and will include a real test to take if you choose to go the entire route.  The purpose is to give you, the professional examiner, a complete training program in WinFE with a test to validate your knowledge.  For those that already see the intention of the test and online training, let me explain to others that might be missing the point.

Although I’m not going to proctor your test, look over your shoulder, or have you scan your fingerprint to make sure it was you that took the test, I am providing the test for your benefit.  As you know, training and experience is everything.  It’s everything on your resume.  It’s everything when you testify.  It’s everything when you are doing your job.  With that, I will give you a solid training in WinFE that you can take to the bank (in a manner of speaking…).

So, if you want formal training in WinFE, as much as an online class can be, stand by, it’s coming pretty darn soon.  Pass the info along.  We can all benefit when more examiners use WinFE.  Plus, I’d rather be the expert that had training in WinFE when going against someone that didn’t have any training with it…

winfe21.jpg?w=700

1207 b.gif?host=winfe.wordpress.com&blog=1427

View the full article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users