#2 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 19 October 2018 - 11:19 PM

Best way is download Pstart (there is only x86 version): http://www.pegtop.net/start/

Put Pstart on Pstart folder and your portables on Portables folder and put both folders on the root of same partition, then run Pstart.exe under your actual OS and create required links  to run the portables, links created will be valid as far as you locate both folders together on any partition/drive root including CD/DVD/USB.

Latter copy both folders to the root of your CD/DVD/USB where WinPE is located, then when booting from WinPE just run Pstart.exe and you will have all portables ready to run from the PE.

Depending of the WinPE you create it may have or not a script to find and run Pstart automatically (from any partition on your CD/DVD/USB or internal HD) just after booting.

Usually this scripts are very simple, but just in case your WinPE do not have this script, you only need to put the attached file made by wimb on your WinPE desktop and run it, it will do the work for you.

If your PE is already builded, you may use wimlib-clc to add PS.exe made by wimb (from attachment) to the boot.wim desktop.

EDIT: Forgot to mention PS.ese was made by wimb long time ago, I extracted it from his VHD_W8C_85

There is also a dirty way to add little files to your boot.wim by means of 7zip (use last version). I have used it some times for testing some quick additions of dependencies to my PEs when making a new script.

You may also be interested on this:

Little Tutorial for making your Portables, 7z LZMA2 compressed.

alacran

Attached Files

• Attached File  PS.7z   250.57KB   8 downloads

#3 outThere

outThere
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 October 2018 - 02:37 AM

thanks alacran   what about in the UTILS\ PC Packed  ...can I run portables from there too?

Edited by outThere, 20 October 2018 - 02:38 AM.

#4 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 20 October 2018 - 06:29 AM

I haven't done it this way, but it seems to me it is for create an script to add a portable into your WinPE.

You don't need it AFAIR Win10PESE allready has an script for Pstart, look carefully and you will find it, remember to activate it, I think is not activated by default.

The idea of the portables is keep them outside of the WinPE, to keep it the smaller as possible (and faster to boot), lets say you make an USB with several WinPE.iso(s) and use grub4dos as boot manager to boot any Iso, and latter you only copy Portables and Pstart folders on the root of your USB stick, this way you are able to launch all portables from all WinPEs.

Also on a FAT-32 USB stick you can use Windows boot files/folders and UEFI boot files/folders and add several boot.wim files each on a diferent folder and using BootIce make the required entries on BCD and UEFI BCD to boot each of them (You may try AIO Boot, this will make your Multi-boot USB automatically for you), and adding Portables and Pstart folders on the root of your USB stick, you are able to launch all portables from all boot.wim(s),

You can also add PS.exe as described on Post No. 2 somewhere into your boot.wim(s), and create shortcuts in each one of your PE to let you run it, using this tool from my very good friend Retokener : http://reboot.pro/fi...e/282-pe-links/

Or even easier just put PS.exe on the root of your USB/CD/DVD close to Portables and Pstar folders and after booting look for it and just run it.

alacran

#5 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), photography,TV,films
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 October 2018 - 08:08 AM

https://sites.google...s/143_pestartup

No need to modify your PE!

Use PEStartup to add links, portable apps, change wallpaper, etc.

Very useful and often 'just works' with many pre-built WinPEs.

Just download and extract PEStartup_Papps to your boot drive.

#6 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  • Interests:Boot and Install from USB
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 22 October 2018 - 06:28 AM

https://sites.google...s/143_pestartup

No need to modify your PE!

This does not work for the minimal boot.wim PE of Microsoft Installation Media

However, there is a simple solution .... and there is no need to modify boot.wim or create Win10PE or to add Portable App launchers

After booting from USB with Microsoft Installation Media then Shift F10 gives Command Window 

In Cmd Window run notepad - File Open - All files - R-mouse Run as admin on file e.g. WinNTSetup x64

In FileSelector you can see all drives and the R-mouse Menu offers to Run as administrator your portable x64 Apps.

More Info here

Attached File  Media2_VHDX.png   295.6KB   1 downloads == Attached File  Media3_VHDX.png   378.9KB   1 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users