5 replies to this topic

#1 KP13

KP13

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:15 PM

Hi all, this is my first post so bare with me.

I wanted to be able to inject the Symantec PGP encryption recovery commands into a prebuilt Win7PE disk that I created using WinBuilder. I have referenced David Cowen's instructions on creating a Win7PE disk.

http://hackingexpose...d-winfe-to.html

Do I need to inject the PGP stuff into the boot.wim before or after the Win7PE ISO is created?

Any help with this topic would be much appreciated.

-KP

Edited by KP13, 27 February 2014 - 02:39 PM.

#2 KP13

KP13

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:14 PM

Anyone have any experience with PGP or possibly getting this thing to work?

#3 dog

dog

Frequent Member

• Expert
  • 236 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:17 PM

I've integrated it into vanilla ms winpe using the supplied pgppe.exe - it needs access to winpe.wim so do it before building the iso:

pgppe.exe /winpe <folder containing winpe.wim> <folder containing the pgp files>

#4 KP13

KP13

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:51 PM

Okay, I will try to see if I can get that to work.

#5 KP13

KP13

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:08 PM

I manually injected the PGP drivers into the System32 folder of the boot.wim since it wasn't properly doing it when I tried their instructions from the command line. Although it can be recognized I get the follow error having to do with architecture issues:

30rmfsg.png

#6 Thurge

Thurge
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:39 PM

Here is how you do it.

A. Build your winbuilder project as normal (note: if you are using a version of PGP prior to 10.3 you must use x86 source and the pgp files must be from an x86 machine)

B. Follow the instructions at http://www.symantec....t&id=HOWTO64225 up until before step 5

C. Before doing step 5 copy the boot.wim file from your build, rename it to winpe.wim, and copy it over the winpe.wim file in the folder that was created in step 3

D. Perform step 5.

E. Copy the winpe.wim file rename it back to boot.wim and move it to the location that your boot.wim came from.

F. At this point you can run the create iso script or the copy to usb script.

Note: if you make changes to your build then you will have to redo this also the environment you build x86 or x64 must be the same as the system where you get the PGP files from. 64 bit winpe isn't supported until version 10.3 and later.

Hope this helps. I am working on a way to build this into a script so that it will all be done at build time.

Edited by Thurge, 09 May 2014 - 08:45 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pgp, win7pe, pgp recovery

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users