#1 trevd

trevd
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:16 AM

Hi folks

I figure this would be right up your street http://www.socketeq.com/  - the Android User Space running on a windows kernel. 

Also there was a project which used mono/.net as the vm rather than the java inspired dalvik although it fell off the map a bit.

What makes the Windows Kernel stuff possible is that Android Passes everything through an IPC mechanism named Binder 

An Highly Detailed Explanation of Binder can be found here - This video is

One Final Thing - XDA-Developers. Is a massive forum with 5m+ so the signal to noise ratio is pretty high, Also some of the best gems are hidden in the device specific forums.

Thanks

Edited by trevd, 27 January 2014 - 01:17 AM.

• Nitro_123 likes this

#2 Zoso

Zoso

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 640 posts
  •  
    Isle of Man

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:06 AM

hi trevd, welcome to reboot.pro

is there purposes for windroy other than simply running android in windows? like, can you set up an android build image they way you want it in windows then re-deploy it to devices?

thanks for the info!

#3 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

Hi Zoso

I've installed Android 4.3 on a PC using VirtualBox but it is a ported version for x86 systems so you can't make an image and deploy it to ARM devices, any way when running it in VirtualBox it didn't have any sound (no drivers, I guess)

#4 Zoso

Zoso

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 640 posts
  •  
    Isle of Man

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:52 AM

hey alacran, I downloaded that one long ago but havnt had a chance to check it out yet. if someone could find a way to add ARM support in good ole XP I would be most happy! lol still trying to get Ubuntu working myself with no luck yet but seems easier than XP.

#5 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:08 AM

@ Zoso

IMHO it is opposite, the ARM CPU's lack of characteristics (compared to x86 CPU's) is the issue. That's why you need a virtual system to run XP on an ARM device, in order to emulate all you need, but with all this extra load it takes very long time to boot so it's not practical.

AFAIK Win 98 run's well on Android using a very light emulator and a Win98.img if you want to try this look for Uberizer, it has a tool to make this.   http://reboot.pro/to...ks/#entry180582

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users