7 replies to this topic

#1 Guido Eisenbeis

Guido Eisenbeis

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:13 AM

Habe gestern mit WB 078 SP3 das LiveXP neu gedownloaded und dann das Projekt erstellt (big blue button). Es lief auch komplett durch, meldete aber 46 Warning Messages. Das Gute ist, es ist immer die ein und selbe Warnung: "Unrecognized command: [Arch,x86]".

Was hat es damit auf sich? Dass es mit der Architektur eines x86 Prozessors zu tun hat, konnte ich schon googlen. Aber was ist das für ein Befehl und warum versteht die neue WB-Version diesen nicht?

Guido.

PS: Die Suchen&Ersetzen-Funktion im Code-Editor der neuen Versionen find ich super!

#2 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:12 AM

Hi Guido

Short :
You can Ignore the warnings

Medium :
1)
If you make a second build (Big Blue), you will notice warnings are gone.

2)
Arch,x86 means the application on script will work if the environment (LiveXP) permits x86 (32bit) applications work.
Currently ALL scripts that have 32bit applications works on LiveXP. :(

Google Translator:

Kurz :
Sie können die Warnungen ignorieren

Medium:
1)
Wenn Sie einen zweiten zu bauen (Big Blue), werden Sie Warnungen Ankündigung vorzunehmen sind weg.

2)
Arch, bedeutet die Anwendung auf x86-Skript funktioniert, wenn die Umwelt (LiveXP) x86 Genehmigungen (32bit) Anwendungen zu arbeiten.
Derzeit werden alle Skripte, die 32bit-Anwendungen arbeitet auf LiveXP haben. :thumbup:

#3 Guido Eisenbeis

Guido Eisenbeis

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:40 AM

1)
If you make a second build (Big Blue), you will notice warnings are gone.

Very reassuring to know!

Currently I am working on porting my LiveXP of WB-076 to WB-078. And all my own scripts! :thumbup:
I will then make the second build.

Thank you for your quick response.

Beruhigend zu wissen!

Zur Zeit arbeite ich daran, mein LiveXP von WB-076 auf WB-078 zu portieren. Und alle meine eigenen Scripts! :dubbio: Danach werde ich den zweiten Build machen.

Vielen Dank für deine schnelle Antwort.

#4 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:51 AM

Currently I am working on porting my LiveXP of WB-076 to WB-078. And all my own scripts! :(

:thumbup:

Remember to Add
Arch,x86
to the first lines of all your scripts that contain 32bit applications (probably most of them :( ),
When we have LiveXP x64 , scripts that contain Arch,x86 won't be added to the build :dubbio:
I hope you get the idea.

And:
There will be more updates coming soon in 2 days. Location of some critical scripts will change and most of them will be updated. Maybe it is better to pospone your operation for a short while If it is not urgent. :thumbup:

See you around :w00t:

#5 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:02 AM

Remember to Add
Arch,x86
to the first lines of all your scripts that contain 32bit applications (probably most of them :thumbup: ),
When we have LiveXP x64 , scripts that contain Arch,x86 won't be added to the build :dubbio:
I hope you get the idea.

Hmm, sorry but this sounds strange to me...32bit apps run under 64bit os and not everything is available in 64 bits...so why exclude everything that is 32bits ?

You need a method to select the 64bits version over the 32bits version if it exists...

Or am I mistaken here?

#6 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:20 AM

so why exclude everything that is 32bits ?

no, "arch,x86" do not do that.

You need a method to select the 64bits version over the 32bits version if it exists...

Arch,x86 is the method :dubbio:

Arch,x86 checks if the environment is suitable for 32bit applications, it does not check PEx64 PEx86

Trying to explain:

Currently none of PEx64 builds have wow64 , as a result no 32bit applications works on PEx64.
On the other hand we will probably have a wow64 script in the future to let 32bit applications work on PEx64.

on LiveXP Arch,x86 works this way:
%SourceArch% variable already defined at early steps of the build, %SourceArch%=x86 // %SourceArch%=x64 // %SourceArch%=IA64
Than a second variable %TargetWOW64% defined with:
Set,%TargetWOW64%,%SourceArch%,PERMANENT

as a result %TargetWOW64% value is equal to %SourceArch%

%TargetWOW64% value must only be changed by the future wow64 script.

Practically:
When %SourceArch%=x86 , %TargetWOW64% is always x86
When %SourceArch%=x64 ,
i) %TargetWOW64%=x64
ii) %TargetWOW64%=x86 (If change made by wow64 script)

In few days, all apps section of LiveXP scripts will be PEx64/x86 aware, changes already made with "CDVD" "File Tasks" "HD Tasks" folders.
Example:
http://livexp.boot-l...ImageGUI.script
http://livexp.boot-l...rvicesPE.script

Edit: FAR example changed with ServicesPE to keep simple

#7 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:38 AM

OK, now it is clear:-)

#8 Guido Eisenbeis

Guido Eisenbeis

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:18 AM

Thus, the second build is made, and the warnings are gone! Thanks for the tip.

Remember to Add
Arch,x86
to the first lines of all your scripts that contain 32bit applications (probably most of them :cheers: ),
When we have LiveXP x64 , scripts that contain Arch,x86 won't be added to the build :w00t:
I hope you get the idea.

Thanks for pointing that out. And after your explanations, I think I got the idea. :dubbio:

There will be more updates coming soon in 2 days. Location of some critical scripts will change and most of them will be updated. Maybe it is better to pospone your operation for a short while If it is not urgent. :(

I've been waiting for this update and now working on porting my project. :w00t: It is almost finished. :cheers:

My respect for the GRAND UPDATE! :( I hope that the idea of a simpler operation continues. :cheers:

Guido.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users