#26 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:43 AM

Another qustion if I may,I always have to click 3 times before I get the screen where I can choose to reboot or shutdown the USB-stick,sounds familiar?

I am aware of no solution to this issue yet. I'm sorry.

Regards,
Galapo.

#27 wanderer

wanderer

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:35 AM

Thanks again for your answer Galapo.

As I said before,everything works great from my USB-stick :cheers: and it's not much of a problem,but if there was a solution it would be nice,that's all.

See you and greetings from The Netherlands,wanderer.

#28 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:46 AM

I'm testing a possible fix now!

Regards,
Galapo.

#29 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:17 PM

Version 41 of the Explorer script is now on the LiveXP server. I've introduced a fix for the shutdown bug. It's not nice, but at least it's something until something better is determined.

Regards,
Galapo.

#30 wanderer

wanderer

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:03 PM

Thanks Galapo,

It's working :cheers: ,but now I can't set the "Display Resolution" to 800x600 :cheers:

Greetz

#31 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:21 AM

It's working :cheers: ,but now I can't set the "Display Resolution" to 800x600 :cheers:

What do you mean? Please explain more so I can fix. One option for desired resolution is entering on the SetResolution script.

Regards,
Galapo.

#32 wanderer

wanderer

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:37 PM

What do you mean? Please explain more so I can fix.

When the desktop is loaded,both resolutions 800x600 and 1024x768,the screen flicker's 2x and jumps to a higher resulution.

So I have no full screen.

One option for desired resolution is entering on the SetResolution script.

When options set in "SetResolution" to 800x600 or 1024x768,it works but the screen flicker's 2x.

Greetz

#33 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:56 PM

Thanks, I understand now. I'll do some tests and see if I can reproduce.

Thanks,
Galapo.

#34 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 20 July 2008 - 11:19 PM

I was unable to reproduce. However, it prompted me to better "fix" the "ugly fix" for shutdown dialog.

I've uploaded new versions of the Explorer and SetResolution scripts to the LiveXP server which should hopefully address your issue.

Regards,
Galapo.

#35 wanderer

wanderer

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:54 AM

Thanks for all your efforts Galapo,but the screen still flicker.

I was unable to reproduce.

How are you try to reproduce,if I may ask?

Greetz

#36 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:58 AM

How are you try to reproduce,if I may ask?

I attempted to reproduce by building the project with the two scripts in question enabled, with SetResolution set to have to set a higher resolution upon boot.

Question: does pressing ctrl + shift + up-arrow set a higher resolution, or does the screen just flicker too?

Regards,
Galapo.

#37 wanderer

wanderer

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:24 PM

I attempted to reproduce by building the project with the two scripts in question enabled, with SetResolution set to have to set a higher resolution upon boot.

Do you start from a USB-stick,or use the iso in qEmu or another virtual machine?

Question: does pressing ctrl + shift + up-arrow set a higher resolution, or does the screen just flicker too?

Pressing ctrl + shift + up-arrow set a higher resolution and during that proces,th screen flicker.

Greetz

#38 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:51 PM

Do you start from a USB-stick,or use the iso in qEmu or another virtual machine?

I tested ram-booting from usb stick and VMWare.

Pressing ctrl + shift + up-arrow set a higher resolution and during that proces,th screen flicker.

That causes me to suspect that the issue is perhaps not related to the shutdown dialog fix and SetResolution as it is strange that setting a resolution is successful later. Please test the following for me: open the Explorer.script file and change these lines
RegHiveLoad,"WB-Software","%target_sys%\config\software"RegWrite,"HKLM",0x2,"WB-Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce","shutdownfix","hiderun explorer #$pALLUSERSPROFILE#$p"RegHiveUnLoad,"WB-Software"
to
//RegHiveLoad,"WB-Software","%target_sys%\config\software"//RegWrite,"HKLM",0x2,"WB-Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce","shutdownfix","hiderun explorer #$pALLUSERSPROFILE#$p"//RegHiveUnLoad,"WB-Software"

Then see what happens at boot.

Thanks,
Galapo.

#39 wanderer

wanderer

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:14 PM

Hi Galapo,

Sorry for my late replay,after re-configuration of the topic by jaclaz,I didn't get a e-mail notification of your post.

After following your instuctions,I get a reboot so the problem still exist.

Hopefully you don't mind,but I like to call it a day.It becomes to time consuming for such a minor problem.

Thanks again for solving the problem with RegResWiz,and also for your efforts to solve the screen flickers.

Regards wanderer.

#40 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:30 PM

Hi wanderer,

That's OK. At least we've now determined that the issue it not something that has been introduced in the recent adjustments. Thanks for testing.

Regards,
Galapo.

#41 wanderer

wanderer

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:06 PM

Galapo,

I did rebuild my rescue USB-stick with amalux build lx40308ln,containing the explorer script
version 38.

Now I found,that when open and close "My Computer" the problem with multiple mouse clicks,to shutdown or reboot the USB-stick
is disappeared :cheers: :cheers:

After all your efforst,I found obliged to let you now :cheers:

Greetz

#42 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:56 PM

Hi wanderer,

I discovered this too, and it is actually exactly what my not-so-nice fix replicates upon bootup.

Regards,
Galapo.

#43 Waulk

Waulk

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:58 PM

Hi Amalux,

I know it's been a long time but after a hard drive crash and dealing with a failing DVD writer, plus all the other things that showed up in the meantime, I finally got to try your solution. (See post #18)

IT WORKS!!

Thank you for posting such a detailed recipe for me to follow -- it made things a lot easier for me.

One little mystery is that the driver for my computer is an "Intel ® Pro_100 VE Network Connection", which is exactly the same as the title within the file "Intel® Pro_100 VE.script" dated 12-30-2007. However, the one I captured using myNIC works on my computer, while the one dated 12-30-2007 does not.

I have not taken the time to try to puzzle out what the differences are -- the script is pretty opaque to me.

Thank you again for your help!

#44 Waulk

Waulk

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 04:07 PM

Now I have a new question.

Currently, whenever I boot the computer I get the prompt "Press any key to boot from CD"

I would like for the computer to always boot from the CD even if I don't get to the keyboard in time. What do I change in the project to do that?

Thanks!

=================================================================

Nevermind -- I found the answer -- Look in the lower left corner of the Basic/Define Fundamentals script GUI.

=================================================================

#45 Waulk

Waulk

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 02:20 AM

Yet another question -- I want to point to a specific location for "My Documents". I've looked at the scripts that build the registry hives but have not figured out how to get to the 9 entries I need to change because they are in binary.

Pointers to where to find this info would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

#46 Waulk

Waulk

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 04:44 AM

Galapo,

I did rebuild my rescue USB-stick with amalux build lx40308ln,containing the explorer script
version 38.

Now I found,that when open and close "My Computer" the problem with multiple mouse clicks,to shutdown or reboot the USB-stick
is disappeared :cheers: :cheers:

After all your efforst,I found obliged to let you now :cheers:

Greetz

I'm sorry to be such a noob, but I am having the same problem of needing to click on the Start/Stop several times before WinXP actually gets to the shutdown menu. I AM using "amalux build lx40308ln,containing the explorer script version 38." The explorer script shows the following items near the top:
Version=38
Date=27.07.2007

Is there more than one version of this script but with the same date and version numbers?

What is the solution to the problem of WinXP ignoring shutdown requests?

BTW, an early version I made from the same ls40308ln did NOT have this problem. At least I don't remember it having the problem -- I can't go back and retest it because I erased the CD-RW and put on later version. The main thing I changed was to remove many of the tools, because all I wanted for my senior citizen friend was the web browser.

Thanks for your help!

#47 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 27 July 2008 - 05:27 AM

The explorer script shows the following items near the top:
Version=38

You need version 42 available off the LiveXP server and it is recommended also to use SetResolution script 30 as well.

What is the solution to the problem of WinXP ignoring shutdown requests?

The solution implemented in version 42 of the explorer script simulates opening explorer filemanager, which somehow "fixes" buggy shutdown dialog.

BTW, an early version I made from the same ls40308ln did NOT have this problem.

I doubt whether that was the case; I suspect you didn't have the problem as you were using or used filemanager sometime before initiating shutdown.

Regards,
Galapo.

#48 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 27 July 2008 - 05:31 AM

One little mystery is that the driver for my computer is an "Intel ® Pro_100 VE Network Connection", which is exactly the same as the title within the file "Intel® Pro_100 VE.script" dated 12-30-2007. However, the one I captured using myNIC works on my computer, while the one dated 12-30-2007 does not.

Without actually checking into it, here's what I suspect: despite the name, the two scripts contain varient drivers where the first doesn't support the hwid of your device.

Regards,
Galapo.

#49 Waulk

Waulk

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:01 PM

You need version 42 available off the LiveXP server and it is recommended also to use SetResolution script 30 as well.

Regards,
Galapo.

I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate this site -- I've tried clicking on the "Downloads" button in the top bar (Downloads | Bug Tracker | Blog | Wiki | Search) and looked for "Explorer" but no joy.

I also tried going to http://native.boot-l...t/downloads.htm, but there I see the following comment:
# LiveXP frozen on 31-JUL-2007: http://nativeex.boot...LiveXP20070731/
This LiveXP project can be built with WinBuilder version 072 only!
The project can be download by direct access only, not by the WinBuilder Download Center

That version has the old explorer, not the version 42 that you have told me to use.

Where do I find the "LiveXP Server", and more to the point, how do I find specific scripts on it?

Thanks again for all your help!

#50 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:36 PM

Either download manually or from the download centre from the following server: livexp.boot-land.net.

Regards,
Galapo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users