#1 Meng.Wang

Meng.Wang
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 14 September 2007 - 04:49 PM

here is the nant script that i use.
[codebox] <target name="mkrambootiso"> <copy file="src\ramdisk.sy_" todir="picoxp\I386\system32\drivers" overwrite="true"/> <iniwrite filename="picoxp\I386\txtsetup.sif" section="ScsiClass.Load" key="ramdisk" value="ramdisk.sys"/> <exec program="bin\mkisofs.exe" commandline=&#39; -iso-level 4 -force-uppercase -volid "PicoXP" -b bootsect.bin -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -hide bootsect.bin -hide boot.catalog -duplicates-once -o iso\picoxp.iso picoxp&#39; /> <property name="RamDir" value="picoxp\RamBoot\" /> <mkdir dir="${RamDir}"/> <mkdir dir="${RamDir}\I386"/> <touch file="${RamDir}\WINNT.SIF"/> <echo message="[SetupData]" file="${RamDir}\WINNT.SIF"/> <echo message=&#39;BootDevice="ramdisk(0)"&#39; file="${RamDir}\WINNT.SIF" append="true"/> <echo message=&#39;BootPath="\i386\SYSTEM32\"&#39; file="${RamDir}\WINNT.SIF" append="true"/> <echo message=&#39;OsLoadOptions="/fastdetect /minint /rdexportascd /rdpath=RamBoot.is_"&#39; file="${RamDir}\WINNT.SIF" append="true"/> <copy file="picoxp\bootsect.bin" tofile="${RamDir}\BOOTSECT.BIN"/> <copy file="${InstSourceDir}\I386\ntdetect.com" todir="${RamDir}\I386" overwrite="true"/> <copy file="${InstSourceDir}\I386\setupldr.bin" todir="${RamDir}\I386" overwrite="true"/> //here is the function!!! <exec program="bin\cabarc" commandline="-m LZX:21 n ${RamDir}\RamBoot.is_ iso\picoxp.iso"/> <exec program="bin\mkisofs.exe" commandline=&#39; -iso-level 4 -force-uppercase -volid "PicoXP_RAM" -A PEBUILDER/MKISOFS -sysid "Win32" -b BOOTSECT.BIN -no-emul-boot -hide BOOTSECT.BIN -duplicates-once -o iso\PicoXP_RAM.iso PicoXP\RamBoot&#39; /> </target> [/codebox] whole tool and script download :http://blog.vckbase.com/Files/BastEt/Spe20070915.rar nantlite clean buildramiso
then everything ok

#2 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 September 2007 - 09:17 AM

Nice! :loleverybody:

I edited your post as to make the code inside a "codebox" to make it more readable. :w00t:

jaclaz

#3 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:24 PM

Very good results! :loleverybody:

You're using windows 2003, right? :w00t:

Congratulations! :w00t:

#4 felix

felix

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Sports
  •  
    Italy

Posted 21 September 2007 - 03:57 PM

Very good results! :loleverybody:

You're using windows 2003, right? :w00t:
Congratulations! :w00t:

This Cab compression method could be used for all projects that use the RAM iso boot :w00t: .I reduced NativePE from 96MB with some apps to just 54MB.Also the copy process of the image in RAM is faster because of the smaller size of the image.It works even with Raw disk images.Just use Win2003 ramdrv.sys and ntdetect.com.

#5 sanbarrow

sanbarrow

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 788 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 01:39 AM

Does anybody know what error 16 means when trying this compression trick with a 2k3-sp2 based built ?

#6 felix

felix

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:53 PM

That error happens when ntdetect.com on the root folder and inside the winpe.img file are different.You need to have both files identical (from 2k3-sp2) for it to work.

#7 sanbarrow

sanbarrow

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 788 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 12:00 AM

That error happens when ntdetect.com on the root folder and inside the winpe.img file are different.You need to have both files identical (from 2k3-sp2) for it to work.

Hmmm - I always replaced ntdetect.com and setupldr.bin from 2k3-sp2 with the versions of 2k3-r2. Do I only need to replace setupldr.bin ?
Will try that - thanks

#8 felix

felix

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:08 PM

Hmmm - I always replaced ntdetect.com and setupldr.bin from 2k3-sp2 with the versions of 2k3-r2. Do I only need to replace setupldr.bin ?
Will try that - thanks

Yup setupldr.bin must also be from 2k3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users