Photo
- - - - -

Are foreign women always better than domestic ones?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:44 AM

When i was 21, i took a trip to Cuba and shocked my host with the statement, that cuban women would be sooo much better than german ones.
He had previously studied in Germany and even met his wive here and had the exact opposite opinion on the topic.

The reason this old story resurfaced now is, that i was at a party yesterday, where a german with a russian wife and russian with a german wife, could both not believe, what a big mistake the other has made. ;)

What is your opinion? Are foreign women in general better, than domestic ones, or not?

:cheers:

#2 renee

renee

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

This is totally off topic, sexisy and abusive.
Renee

#3 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:22 PM

Hi Renee,

1) Please stop using using the "report" button when you want to reply on a topic. As you might have noticed, the message does not get posted and instead forces an administrator to use time to see what has happened. If you disagree with a topic, reply and state your opinion with facts.

2) This discussion is placed at the "Community" forum, whose description is "Talk about anything else with the community", therefore it is not off topic when placed on a forum section where off-topic conversations and normally found.

3) As for the topic being sexist, you are right. It discriminates men as unable to succeed in fooling women into marriage at their own country.

From personal experience I note that exist added advantages from choosing a partner which does not share your nationality. For example, the culture mix brings a lot of interesting interaction, mistery and romance in the process of a relationship.

Very often we see couples spending more time together teaching each other their native language, sharing discussions about their cultural perspectives or even sharing traditional dishes, food and habits that each one loves.

Therefore, I see credit on Medevil's comment. Of course that other people might feel differently.

#4 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:23 PM

@Renee
What a nonsense answer!
To you all women and men are the exact same and you really can't tell them apart and have no preference in any way?
What a disturbing thought, that your partner is easily replaceble by anybody.
That's what i call abusive.

If you can't see, that she or he is much better than anyone else, just let them go, you will not be able to make them happy.

#5 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

3) As for the topic being sexist, you are right. It discriminates men as unable to succeed in fooling women into marriage at their own country.

The interesting part, imo is that in the two examples i gave, two men from different countries considered both the women from the other country to be better ones.
So there seems to be no real hirarchy of 'quality' involved here.

btw. For the hyper-correct people on this board, believe it or not, i have heared similar comments also from women, though never in this curiostiy inspiring cross mix pattern.

#6 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:25 PM

So there seems to be no real hirarchy of 'quality' involved here.

Well, if there is no hierarchy (and particularly hierarchy of quality) using the term "better" makes no sense. :frusty:

A "queer" thing is that seemingly - after all the years passed since he was 21 - Medevil has learned very little on this specific topic :ph34r:

Wonko

#7 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:54 PM

At the time i just found it a curious exception. (Him having such bad taste. ;))
Yesterday turned this into a possible pattern.

And since it would have been poor style, to ask a room full of men married to german women, if german women sucked in comparison. ;) I rather posted the question here.
Also i hoped for a more international and therefore more representative reply.

#8 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

For whatever is worth (actually nothing ;)) there is an italian proverb:
[Italian]
Mogli e buoi
dei paesi tuoi.
[/italian]
Which equates roughly to "Wives and oxen from your same place."
Please note how sexist this is, putting on the same scale a wife and an ox, as if the former would be a property of the husband. :ph34r:

The proverb is a very old one, evidently created long before the idea of "political correctness" was devised.
The "political correct" translation is here:
http://italian.about...lproverbiom.htm

Marry a woman from your own neighborhood.

:w00t:

the actual "real" correspondent:
http://ita.proz.com/...paesi_tuoi.html

is most probably:

birds of a feather flock together

but is not half as fun (and mean) as the original.....

Wonko

#9 renee

renee

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

"1) Please stop using using the "report" button when you want to reply on a topic."

I didn't really want to reply other than to say the author is sexist and abusive.

A lot of people are PRESUMING my position incorrectly. Or.....putting words in my mouth.

Renee

#10 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:29 PM

I didn't really want to reply other than to say the author is sexist and abusive.

The Author or the contents of his post? :dubbio:

Wonko

#11 sambul61

sambul61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1568 posts
  •  
    American Samoa

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:49 PM

birds of a feather flock together

I like that. Putting aside all "internationalization talk", the humans are expected to preserve the diversity on this planet, and human race is no exception. In the long run any parent (and especially grand pas and mas) want their children to look and smile like them, and have similar values & habits & capabilities & character in life. There is nothing wrong in people in different places around the world showing different habits and look, and this we must strive to preserve. :)

Renee

Even such rear hobby folks like Rebooters have the right to talk about something else they want to share, of course in a special place, like a "smoking corner" - including non-smokers like me. :lol:

#12 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:00 PM

Please note how sexist this is, putting on the same scale a wife and an ox, as if the former would be a property of the husband.

Or as useful as a Ox. :P

A lot of people are PRESUMING my position incorrectly. Or.....putting words in my mouth.

You could easily stop that by stating your position.
So far all we know is, that you don't like us (me) to talk about human behavior.

#13 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:11 PM

In the long run any parent (and especially grand pas and mas) want their children to look and smile like them, and have similar values & habits & capabilities & character in life.

Due to migrations, there is hardly anyone alive today in europe, whos ancestors are all from the same area.
I have to go just 2 generations back, and i already find french, german, and hungarian ancestors, though everyone found their partner just around the corner from where they lived.

#14 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:05 PM

Due to migrations, there is hardly anyone alive today in europe, whos ancestors are all from the same area.

Sure :) and the same largely happens in most of the continental US, but American Samoa is different, just as an example.
http://en.wikipedia....oa#Demographics

Wonko

#15 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:20 PM

Yep, you're right, i complitely overlooked, where sambul61 comes from.

Let's extend the question then.
Are women from the other end of the island better than domestic ones. :lol:

#16 L A M A

L A M A

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 540 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

I just recently met a guy who was married to russian (through internet chat) and got broken in 3 months, add to that, the guy had to drag this for 2 years (court battle).

more then this, i've no comments (to avoid flaming renee or someone) :P

edit: btw, very unusual topic to be found in a tech forum :w00t:

#17 sambul61

sambul61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1568 posts
  •  
    American Samoa

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:04 PM

MedEvil,

Yes, I'm particularly proud that our island has only one ZIP code. Besides, I include myself in these 3% who speaks almost comprehensible English, so its not easy to find more than 5 wifes on any side of the island despite our liberating traditions. :afro:

#18 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

the guy had to drag this for 2 years (court battle).

Even more interesting, than the government trying to prevent couples from marriage despite the droping general population in Germany and the free falling birthrate, is the fact that they basicly force the new couple to 'produce' a child within a year.

Just imagine the outrage, if a law would get passed, that forces every woman to bare a child, within a year after entering a relationship or get thrown into jail.
Yet to do this with foreign women seems to be perfectly acceptable. No problem with womens rights.

Anyway we have strayed way to far from the path.
The question was not about marrying a foreig woman or to buy or abduct one, or whatever Renee though this thread was about.

The question is simply:
"Do you think that women of country X are in general better, than your domestic ones? Yes or No?
If you like, you can even name the X. ;)

#19 sambul61

sambul61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1568 posts
  •  
    American Samoa

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

I tell you straight, no women is better then ours from Samoa. :thumbsup:

#20 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:25 PM

The question is simply:
"Do you think that women of country X are in general better, than your domestic ones? Yes or No?
If you like, you can even name the X. ;)

I assume it depends on the country, if X=US then of course the answer is YES! American woman have been largely corrupted by feminism and are not really woman anymore. Of course, the men here aren't real men anymore either so you'd think it would be a good mix but not so much. This kind of sexual confusion only works well in Hollywood fantasies.

#21 linuxbaby

linuxbaby

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 139 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

The question is simply:

only a quick reply.

definitely YES.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
People tend to love the unknown (The secrets of Clopatra and Julia Roberts should open up )

But i call this words all over the world into the internet "I love my "domestic" girl.
Nobody can change this, only herself. :wub:

@MedEvil
very good question :good:

in this thred we can praise our wives and honor all what they do for us, when we are sitting in the front of our PC or Notebook and have fun here!

:1st:

P.S.: let us know why you asked this question? :chair:

#22 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:14 PM

I tell you straight, no women is better then ours from Samoa. :thumbsup:

I keep that in mind, in case i ever need a new one. :lol:

But i call this words all over the world into the internet "I love my "domestic" girl."

Yes my best girl happens also to be a domestic one and i wouldn't trade her for the world. However that does not mean, that i can't name you a dozend countries, where women are in general better, than the german ones.

P.S.: let us know why you asked this question? :chair:

Like i said in the first post. If there were a general understanding among men, which women are to be prefered over which. It would be quite logical.
However the point, that two men from different countries can consider the women from the other country to be better, than their own, is very unlogical and thereby interesting.

#23 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:20 PM

<p>

I assume it depends on the country, if X=US then of course the answer is YES!

If you now can say, that you consider german women to be better, we have a third cross over.:cheers:

#24 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:22 AM

If you now can say, that you consider german women to be better, we have a third cross over. :cheers:

Sure, count me in ;)
Posted Image

• Brito and laddanator like this

#25 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:19 AM

Yep, that's exactly, how our women run around. Stockings, short skirt and always a beer in their hand, really annoying! :rofl:

• Brito likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users