#2 sixcentgeorge

sixcentgeorge

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 191 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:15 AM

M$ always did that : it eats the cpu and does not optimize the code...

that is the reason linux is getting more and more customers : i add macos to linux-users

the worst thing of that results , is despite M$ made a "signature" system of the drivers , where nvidia-ati are surely the best customers of these signatures...; the fps is really not here...

#3 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:17 AM

@alacran

Would you be so kind as to provide the source of that comparison?

:duff:

Wonko

• antonino61 likes this

#4 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 10 August 2015 - 12:09 AM

@ Wonko

I am sorry but I can't remember where I got it, just copied the table link and forgot the source, next time I post something will not forget the source.

Best Regards

Edit: This test was made by an end user Mr. Fox, he posted it on a very long thread (853 pages atm) about Win10 build 10240 (RTM) in MDL forum.

Edited by alacran, 10 August 2015 - 02:45 AM.

#5 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 10 June 2020 - 09:31 AM

I guess windows 10 should first be cleaned and debloated of all the fluff, and then it can be compared to win7 and win8. if it is tested "as is", with all the fluff, I am not surprised it is the loser. win10 debloated and defluffed is the best, the fastest and the lightest ever from Microsoft.

#6 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 10 June 2020 - 06:48 PM

I honestly prefer overstudies to understudies. As for the heaping of assignments, u know, when I was in Ireland, I ustabe a potpiler (a piler of pots). So, as a former potpiler, I beg, would u kindly telltome, is it better to heap piles of assignments or to pile heaps of assignments? Because that is exactly where the problem lies.

#7 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 11 June 2020 - 06:57 AM

antonino, JFYI this thread is from 2015, and has been just revived by a couple of spammers.

:duff:

Wonko

#8 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 11 June 2020 - 09:22 AM

Oh  sorry, I did not know it, thanx for telling. Anyway, on the spur of what has long been said (windows 10 is bulky and windows 7 is light), I experimented on it the other month by applying a version of windows 7 to a vhd, which I tried debloating and cleaning in exactly the same way as I had always done with windows 10 - to my surprise, windows 7 does not allow u to take so much out as windows 10 does, and in the end, the win7 vhd comes out larger than its win10 counterpart!!! so I realized the idea of win10 being bulkier and win7 lighter is just commonplace. the booting takes even longer with windows7 than with windows10, both debloated and cleaned as much as possible. the machine has been this one I am typing from in both cases. I even remember making the same experiment on my wife's computer which yielded the same results, so I had to resort back to win10 even there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: win7, win8.x, win10, performace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users