wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  • Interests:Boot and Install from USB
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:05 PM

I didn't follow any tutorial or tool from this or other forums, if it helps i can share my procedure and my scripts/tweaks etc.

Yes it will help if you Start a New Topic and give all the details of your procedure.

In my view both drivers waitbt and Wait4UFD are of great value and have their specific advantage.

:cheers:

#127 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:11 PM

I didn't follow any tutorial or tool from this or other forums, if it helps i can share my procedure and my scripts/tweaks etc.

Yep :) that would be very nice as it could provide the only meaningful thing, repeatability and independent testing.

In my view both drivers waitbt and Wait4UFD are of great value and have their specific advantage.

Well, your view makes NO sense whatever (unless you are trying to get the 2013 Captain Obvious Award ;)) until you specify WHICH specific advantages waitbt has and WHICH specific advantages wait4ud has.

To recap, we have two different tools/drivers aimed to do the SAME thing, and reports that one works while the other one doesn't and viceversa, it would only be "normal" to find out WHERE/WHY one is better than the other and ultimately have hopefully a single "merged" tool that works for *everyone*, *everywhere*.

Wonko

#128 tal.aloni

tal.aloni

• Developer
  • 21 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:28 PM

Just to clarify:

There was a bug with Wait4UFD 1.0.0 and it didn't wait for the system disk in some cases,

Wait4UFD 1.0.1 (Included in IntegrateDrv 1.1.5) should work just fine.

I apologize to anyone who had trouble with 1.0.0,

Tal

#129 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

Just to clarify:
There was a bug with Wait4UFD 1.0.0 and it didn't wait for the system disk in some cases,
Wait4UFD 1.0.1 (Included in IntegrateDrv 1.1.5) should work just fine.

I apologize to anyone who had trouble with 1.0.0,
Tal

Well, instead of apologizing ( which is not needed :)), can you post a link to:

1. Wait4UFD 1.0.1 (standalone, NOT integrated in IntegrateDrv 1.1.5)
  2. Wait4UFD 1.0.1 Source

Wonko

#130 mazak000

mazak000

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:32 PM

here is my custom procedure:

http://reboot.pro/to...t-my-procedure/

i think i used 1.0.1 version but i didn't install as suggested, but the installation seemed to be completed succesfully, maybe i did something wrong!

#131 Sha0

Sha0

WinVBlock Dev

• Developer
  • 1682 posts
  • Interests:Booting
  •  
    Canada

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:03 PM

Thanks for the link, Wonko. I see that the source for Wait4UFD 1.0.1 is in there. I also see that Wait4UFD doesn't have any UFD-specific code inside, but uses almost the same logic as Michael Brown does for booting from SANs, which is nice. I'm a bit lost as to what would make it magical for UFDs where WaitBt would fail.

#132 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:19 AM

Thanks for the link, Wonko. I see that the source for Wait4UFD 1.0.1 is in there. I also see that Wait4UFD doesn't have any UFD-specific code inside, but uses almost the same logic as Michael Brown does for booting from SANs, which is nice. I'm a bit lost as to what would make it magical for UFDs where WaitBt would fail.

I am suspecting :dubbio: that both thingies work just fine (though through different means/logics) and that mazak000's results comes out of *somehow* the way he installed (or failed to install :ph34r: ) the WaitBt driver.

But that is only a "gut feeling", nothing more.

On the other hand IF WaitBt worked fine for tal.aloni, why would he had rewritten the newish driver?

I guess we have to wait for some more details from him. :) (besides - again - the installing issues).

From the outside - however - it seems like the *whatever* logic you used in WaitBt is *somehow*/*somewhat* overkill IF a "simpler" logic is as well delivering the same result. :unsure: <- both thingies should IMHO go through an Occam's Razor to see which one provides the simpler solution...

Wonko

#133 tal.aloni

tal.aloni

• Developer
  • 21 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:33 AM

Hi Sha0, Wonko,

Yes, I assisted Michael Brown to perfect this portion of sanbootconf (and add text-mode setup support), so naturally I felt more comfortable to use this code segment when trying to boot from USB. You are correct to point out that there is nothing specific to UFD in this code.

p.s.

Wait4UFD and its source code can be found here:

http://iknowu.dnsali...ntegrateDrv.htm

The driver is part of the IntegrateDrv package, but can be used separately.

#134 SoItIs

SoItIs
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 August 2018 - 12:07 AM

I get BSOD 7b error when booting w7 from usb so I found this topic here and I am trying to figure out how to install Waitbt.

and that mazak000's results comes out of *somehow* the way he installed (or failed to install :ph34r: ) the WaitBt driver.

Im trying to avoid the same but after I unzip the file in the OP, I am not familiar with any of the file extensions used in it other than the gpl.txt and the OP does not mention how to install this.

how to?

Edited by SoItIs, 06 August 2018 - 12:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users