Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:computers<br />mechanics<br />distortion<br /><br />
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:20 AM

billonious,
I guess it was either an old, expired build, or no FAT ramdisk was enabled. Avast requires a FAT disk for PE.

Well, build 0.51 was just uploaded, it includes some fixes and script updates. Cpl extensions were examined thoroughly for problems and updated, the create bcdwpe imaging script now has an 'express' processing option, and the install to hdd script now locates ntldr on the boot disk (if present).

While I've found the build to be quite stable, please report any issues.

Thanks very much to all users that reported their test results!
I'll do my best to get a user guide together soon. :thumbsup:

#52 essemme

essemme
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:52 PM

Hi all.

I'm entering Bartpecore world in this days with a lot of trouble, I'm asking for help.

I've downloaded all complete package with winbuilder, selected a few packages (I'm interested only on Acronis at the moment), set the correct paths (windows xp pero sp2 ) and play .

Near the end of the process often the system tels me that partition "Z" is full (while is copying build to temp drive Z: ) and if I restart the process sometimes it goes to the end but the ISO is always missing some files (not the same , often in the syste32 directory I see).

I cannot find a solution.

Sometimes the build process logs tells me that it cannot find process-compress section in processcompress script , and when I look there there is a near empty file!

Can you give me some ideas??

thanks

#53 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:04 PM

Hi all.

I'm entering Bartpecore world in this days with a lot of trouble, I'm asking for help.

I've downloaded all complete package with winbuilder, selected a few packages (I'm interested only on Acronis at the moment), set the correct paths (windows xp pero sp2 ) and play .

Near the end of the process often the system tels me that partition "Z" is full (while is copying build to temp drive Z: ) and if I restart the process sometimes it goes to the end but the ISO is always missing some files (not the same , often in the syste32 directory I see).

I cannot find a solution.

Sometimes the build process logs tells me that it cannot find process-compress section in processcompress script , and when I look there there is a near empty file!

Can you give me some ideas??

thanks

First of all: Benvenuto! Welcome in our community!

I do not have the BartPECore to compare on my system, but what you are telling seems to be an issue of the BootSDI script.

Maybe, in BootSDI you should increase the amount of memory for the disk image:
Or, maybe you have vdk installed, it is running during build and there are some incompatibilities.

On the other hand: Every project build produces a log file. You can save / see it after building the project by clicking the 'Log' button and then the 'Save as log.html' button.

The log is saved in the directory where WinBuilder.exe resides.

Please in your next question, add the log.

Peter

#54 thunn

thunn

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 531 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:37 PM

Actually, it's hard to say, Peter.

Boot SDI and Create BcdwPE now both use the same routine to find a free drive.
It checks from z: backwards.
I was happy to see you added the simple routine I came up with.
I does work consistantly.

The issue here could be the selected scripts / script substitutes or too much data in the pe build.
We need the log.
And...
I always suggest new users try a default build first as a reference.

Sometimes the build process logs tells me that it cannot find process-compress section in processcompress script

this tells me essemme has reconfigured things, or the ita source is much diff! :) :(

#55 essemme

essemme
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 21 February 2008 - 11:56 AM

First, thank you all for the welcome.

The problem is my PC, because I setup my laptop with Bartpecore staff and everything seems to work fine.

Now I have 2 problems:

1> I'd like to use my PC! I have a lot of programs installed, one is vmware server, maybe is that ?

2> I build a good iso with my laptop with activated Trueimage script 9.1, I setup the script path to "c:\programs\Acronis\TrueImageEnterpriseServer\BartPE\Files" folder but the system hangs : snapman.sys is missing.

snapman.sys is in "........Files\Drivers" subfolder so I copied directly that files in the "Files" directory and the system starts ok.

When I start acronis trueimage the system returns me an error for MSVCP71.dll missing ...how can I do to insert it in the build?

I attach the log.html of my PC saved when it's sleeping trying to build the image on drive Z:

thanks

Simone

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.html   27.14KB   875 downloads

#56 essemme

essemme
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:18 AM

I found the solution for the 2nd problem, I need to put mcvcp71.dll e mcvcr71.dll in system32 directory.
Now Acronis is ok.

Another question is , do you have an howto for adding sata hdd raid controller driver support?
I have one server with a sata PCI RAID adapter that's not recognized.
WHQL controller drivers are one INF file , one .sys files, one txtsetup.oem file and one .CAT file ...any help is appreciated...

#57 essemme

essemme
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:35 AM

No one can help me about insert correctly SATA RAID controller drivers in BartpeCore?

I have Areca 1200 SATA RAID controller , I try to build Bartpecore with windows 2K3 R2 source patched with driverpackage with no results, I think this is not the correct way.

#58 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:53 AM

No one can help me about insert correctly SATA RAID controller drivers in BartpeCore?

I assume you can use regular BartPE plugins with this project. So give the DriverPacks BartPE plugin a try:
http://www.driverpacks.net/
http://users.pandora...e/Eng_tut6b.htm

Regards,
Galapo.

#59 essemme

essemme
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:27 AM

Already tried directly on BartPE without Winbuilder.

Configured bartrpe plugins directory installation with storage package, burn iso and everything fine (PEbuilder), the system starts correctly but no hard disk detection...

In driverpacks details I see there is Areca sata Raid support dor 12xx cards, in the bartpe system/drivers directory there is the correct arcm_x86.sy_ so I guess that the support is correct, I think. Is there any command to check that one driver is active or did I have to activate specific driver from Pebuilder plugin configuration ?

I read the tutorials , I made "config" of masstorage packege and everything seems to run fine, I don't like the underscore in the extension of driver sys file "arcm_x86.sy_"... I'm sorry but I don't understand at the moment the loading drivers tecnique of windows live cd's...

#60 carfan

carfan

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 196 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:49 PM

I have Areca 1200 SATA RAID controller , I try to build Bartpecore with windows 2K3 R2 source patched with driverpackage with no results, I think this is not the correct way.

some projects use a createdriver script in their tools section that will make a script of the host machines
drivers that you pick. follow the instructions and it will do the job for you.

-c

#61 pktman

pktman

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:02 PM

I have 2 questions

1. How can I got classic menu in BartPECore?
2. I want add Nic drivers. How can I add nic drivers?
Sorry for my english.

Thanks

#62 thunn

thunn

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 531 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:34 AM

1.) Disable the script in post-processing with the reg file logo to undo a host of customization options including the xp style start menu.

2.) You may add files to the build, including drivers, by using the Projects\Tools\$1 folder which is copied to the pe build root.

--
A project update is now available.
It includes the 'sata2' script and other changes.

#63 Rashed

Rashed
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
    Bangladesh

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:28 PM

thunn: bro i have been trying ur bartpe core for last several days and i found 1 problem. i am not sure if this is a problem or it is supposed to be like this. let me tell u what i faced.

i built project with winbuilder .72 and copied it in usb. i plugged the usb in my pc and it ran well. then i took off my hard disk and dvdrom and tried and it gave me BSOD. then i plugged in dvdrom and it worked again. so its not working without the dvdrom plugged in. is it normal?? if its normal is it possible to run it without dvdrom plugged in?? regards

#64 indica

indica
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:49 PM

HI Thunn!
I am looking for some assistance in creating a peCore build with SAS and SCSI support, specifically support for, if possible, all dell SAS controllers and some adaptec and LSI SCSI drivers. What would be the best method for integrating these drivers? Is this process documented somewhere? Is there a clean way of integrating the DriverPacks.net Dp's so that most disk controllers would be supported without having to create individual driver scripts for each controller in my environment?

Thanks in advance,

Todd

#65 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 24 November 2008 - 06:19 AM

there are 2 download errors
1)
Tools--$1--I386--system32--keyreader.exe
is not downloadable, not in server

2)
Tools--$1--I386--system32--oeminfo.ini
is downloaded, but again on download list. (reuploading will probably fix)

ps:
hi thunn and welcome back, galapo writes on some topics. Just reminding again in case you read this post, your pm on boot-land and 911 are full and galapo cant contact you with pm. :)
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=6219
http://www.boot-land...?...ost&p=50712

#66 thunn

thunn

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 531 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:13 AM

No changes have taken place on the file server. But I'll try to reproduce the problem.

#67 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:33 PM

Hi thunn,

Again 2 bugy to report :cheers:

1) wb076 finds this as a bugy:
%BaseDir%\Projects\BartPECore\Build\Core\PostPEBldr\NetCore.Script
line:
IniWrite,&#34;%ProjectInfo%&#34;,&#34;UPX-Switches&#34;,&#34;netplwiz.dll,&#34;--best --compress-resources=0&#34;
should be fixed with this:
IniWrite,&#34;%ProjectInfo%&#34;,&#34;UPX-Switches&#34;,&#34;netplwiz.dll&#34;,&#34;--best --compress-resources=0&#34;

topic found here, if i remember right psc opened another topic to inform about this.

2)
this bugy continues :cheers:
Tools--$1--I386--system32--oeminfo.ini
is downloaded, but again on download list. (reuploading will probably fix)

Good night.

#68 sixcentgeorge

sixcentgeorge

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 191 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:52 AM

2.) You may add files to the build, including drivers, by using the Projects\Tools\$1 folder which is copied to the pe build root.

it seems not doing it .

i want to know if there is a folder where i can put drivers like it is with reatogo : REATOGO-240\plugin\DRIVERS_AutoHelp

#69 ludovici

ludovici

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 610 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:13 AM

Hello thunn :whistling:

Where is you Windows Media Player 11 script ?
Thanks,

#70 grep

grep
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 03 October 2009 - 05:55 AM

For some reason I'm having an issue building without errors.

NetCore with PENetCfg

component with this error:

List index out of bounds &#40;4&#41;&#58;  &#91;IniWrite,&#34;%ProjectInfo%&#34;,&#34;UPX-Switches&#34;,&#34;netplwiz.dll,&#34;--best --compress-resources=0&#34;&#93;

What do I have to do to fix this issue?

Using Server 2003 Ent
Basic (non-debug) log file attached

Edit: I did a full build and posted that log instead. There are some other errors with other scripts, but the PENetCfg one concerns me the most.

Attached Files

#71 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 03 October 2009 - 12:40 PM

as seems thuun left this forum since at least a year
better to edit the script yourself
move the quote mark around the netplwiz.dll

from this
,"netplwiz.dll,"
into this
,"netplwiz.dll",

#72 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:20 PM

For some reason I'm having an issue building without errors.

Reason is winbuilder is not backward compatible and BartPECore project seems to use winbuilder 072

download winbuilder 072 from here
http://winbuilder.ne...load.php?list.3

Be sure you use the right version of winbuilder with any winbuilder project you find around. Good luck :D

#73 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:33 PM

@Lancelot
What you suggested, really could help in the current special situation.

On the other hand, like Dera explained, there seems to be no support for BartPECore any more.
And therfore:
@Lancelot: I do not want to start Wold War 3 now, but IMHO this is the better solution:
@grep: Try to fix your issue under latest WB with the help of the forum. Do not go back to 072.

IMO: Whenever such an issue occurs, we have to try to fix it under actual situation. We never should go back to history versions just to fix a current minor issue!

Peter :D

#74 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:55 PM

@psc

BartPE Core project probably requires other fixes than dera mentioned for older wb based project, you know and can guess them better.
A way is fixing scripts but since project author is not around fixes wont be on project's server.... The fix dera mentioned already made on other active projects.

Simplest way is using the winbuilder version of the project which was tested by the author before s(h)e is way with the reason knowing wb is not backward compatible. I use this method and suggested before when users fails which turned out success, I guess most frequent users knows this but we cant expect new users knowing this fact, it is not a declaration of war, it is a good and simple solution, that is all.

If you decide to reply, dont reply on this topic, this is BartPE core topic and 2 posts we have now is enough about BartPE core, next ones probably will be a set of useless posts for BartPE core. If you decide to reply, Try this topic.

#75 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 03 October 2009 - 09:33 PM

Allow me to make the third (and last) post about BartPE project here.

If nobody wants (me included) to upgrade the project to the current WinBuilder version, your suggestion to freeze it to the according WB 072, is the most economic way we currently can go.

Peter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users