#1 Holmes.Sherlock

Holmes.Sherlock

Gold Member

• Team Reboot
  • 1444 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:58 AM

We are about to enter into a new year by next few days. Probably all our new year plans are set, new year resolutions are decided. We are always moving forward with both of our personal & professional life. A good sign, indeed. But, wait a minute, look back please. Before even we plan our future, don't we need to do a little "postmortem" of our past also? We have passed through similar period in 2010 also. Did we at all improve our situation? Have we been able to add even a little value to our life? World is materialistic, pragmatic. So, I'm not talking about "ethical" value additions. So, my reboot mates, please share your publicly sharable achievements with us. We are here a part of virtual community. So, feel free to include reboot's achievements like "addition of download portals" etc., too.Who knows whether your achievements can light up anyone else 's thoughts?

#2 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 24 December 2011 - 11:37 AM

Well, as post mortem in personal terms, I was very happy to have the opportunity of working in a different country and learn a new language (still in progress) at a brand new work place.

Also had a lot of fun participating with Team Reboot on the CtF at The Netherlands and proposing a new anti virus concept to the public.

In terms of site changes, we had some good and bad changes. Good that our default skin looks nice and is comfortable to use, good about the downloads portal and other things that were added and last but not least, good to see new initiatives like TLF and isostick surfacing. Bad about the text of older posts is still broken and complaints that the new search tool is not usable (which I really have no solution for the moment).

These are things I would like to see improved for 2012, a lot of work ahead but it has been fun so far.

:cheers:

#3 Holmes.Sherlock

Holmes.Sherlock

Gold Member

• Team Reboot
  • 1444 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:35 PM

Last year, at the same time, I was a fresher just stepped out of college & now I am a full-fledged professional. Somewhat dissatisfied with currently what I am doing, I am seeking for better opportunities to go back to academia. I have got a bit of success in doing that.

Around reboot, the best part was the formation of Team Reboot. In this connection, I have developed a few personal relationships with some like minded people scattered in different countries. A simple mail containing a "Hi, how is it going?" from them gives me immense pleasure.

Now I am focused to seek a chance to go back to higher studies & revive Team Reboot activities once again in the coming year.

My reboot mates, wish you all the success. "Happy New Year" & "Merry Christmas" in advance.

#4 Mikorist

Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:51 PM

Merry Christmas 'N Happy New Year! :cheerleader:

#5 Holmes.Sherlock

Holmes.Sherlock

Gold Member

• Team Reboot
  • 1444 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 December 2011 - 03:01 PM

@Mikorist

Nice tune. It's in some South Indian language, I guess. BTW, if there were any "LIKE" button for signature texts, you would have surely earned a +1 from me today.

#6 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), photography,TV,films
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:46 PM

Where can I buy one of those outfits she is wearing for my GF? It changes colour and style every 30 seconds - magic!
Merry Xmas one and all!

#7 Holmes.Sherlock

Holmes.Sherlock

Gold Member

• Team Reboot
  • 1444 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 December 2011 - 02:19 AM

Where can I buy one of those outfits she is wearing for my GF? It changes colour and style every 30 seconds - magic!

Oh hoooooooooooooooo :P
Incredible India............

#8 DarkPhoeniX

DarkPhoeniX

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 452 posts
  • Interests:Interesting Things
  •  
    South Africa

Posted 25 December 2011 - 02:24 AM

seasons greetings
I personally Think the Reboot.pro website is the Best it ever was and in 2012 i hope to see the download portal treasure chest to full up
I really think Nuno has setup a great architecture for the year to come

#9 Holmes.Sherlock

Holmes.Sherlock

Gold Member

• Team Reboot
  • 1444 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 December 2011 - 02:28 AM

@DarkPhoeniX
What do you use as your signature? It provides correct IP information.

#10 DarkPhoeniX

DarkPhoeniX

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 452 posts
  • Interests:Interesting Things
  •  
    South Africa

Posted 25 December 2011 - 02:32 AM

The Ip thing?
Check here

#11 Holmes.Sherlock

Holmes.Sherlock

Gold Member

• Team Reboot
  • 1444 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 December 2011 - 02:35 AM

The Ip thing?
Check here

I see.

#12 Mikorist

Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:17 PM

http://egotvonline.c...5-drunk-santas/

:thumbsup:

#13 AceInfinity

AceInfinity

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 228 posts
  • Interests:Windows Security, Programming, Customizing & Crash Dump Analysis.
  •  
    Canada

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:48 AM

It should be a great year for advances in my opinion. I fully support all of reboot, and it's been enjoyable for me to continue my learning adventures with you guys :) I hope 2012 brings many new positives to look forward to as well!

Nice soothing, yet upbeat tune you posted Mikorist also :) I think it's pretty funny too how the guy hides from the rain when she's not looking until he realizes that it's just about living in the moment which is why she's so happy about it raining.

~AceInfinity
  • Brito likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users