15 replies to this topic

#1 mwzard

mwzard

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

I just downloaded this project. Enabled ShutdownPE and it is failing that it will only run on x64.
In the code for ShutdownPE, arch is set to x86|x64, so it should not matter if it is x86 or x64. Also the zip has x86 and x64 versions of ShutdownPE.exe

Code for arch_check:

[Arch_check]

If,#1,Equal,,Echo,"Using Arch YOU MUST DEFINE Architecture supported by script. Parameter missing",WARN

If,#1,Equal,,Exit,"Using Arch YOU MUST DEFINE Architecture supported by script. Parameter missing"If,#1,Equal,,Set,%arch%,x86

If,#1,Equal,off,Set,%arch%,%SourceArch%

StrFormat,POS,%arch%,|,%multiarch%

If,%multiarch%,Equal,0,Begin

If,Not,EXISTVAR,%TargetWOW64%,Set,%TargetWOW64%,%SourceArch%

If,%arch%,Equal,x86,If,Not,%TargetWOW64%,Equal,x86,Exit,"%ProgramTitle% requires WOW64 for PE %SourceArch%"

If,%arch%,Equal,x64,If,Not,%SourceArch%,Equal,x64,Exit,"%ProgramTitle% can only run on PE x64"

If,%arch%,Equal,IA64,If,Not,%SourceArch%,Equal,IA64,Exit,"%ProgramTitle% can only run on PE IA64"

End

Else,Begin

StrFormat,POS,%arch%,%SourceArch%,%multiarch_test%

If,%multiarch_test%,Equal,0,Exit,"%ProgramTitle% requires different source architecture than current %SourceArch%"

End

Set,%arch%,%arch%,GLOBAL

From what I can see %arch% is not set before the StrFormat so shouldn't that line read:

StrFormat,POS,#1,|,%multiarch%

I also don't see where %arch% is being set for the if statements below the StrFormat command.

#2 sebus

sebus

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

Same here, obviously it is an error, which still exist even in latest 0.64 build

I "fixed" it by replacing the script with one from Win7PESE

#3 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

not an issue with ShutdownPE script.

%arch% is set by the project in the Images Configuration script depending on the .wim detected.

the error you are describing most often appears when you do a fresh download of a project and try to run an individual script before the project can set the variable. or you have not yet chosen a build source in the Source tab.

to work around you can Press the Save/Get wim info button in the Images Configuration script after you have chosen a source. this will detect the source arch and set the variable accordingly.

#4 sebus

sebus

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 363 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

No, it does NOT work correctly no matter what

The .exe is not even there!

#5 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

No, it does NOT work correctly no matter what

The .exe is not even there!

please post a debug build log so I can see what is happening.

#6 sebus

sebus

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 363 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:44 AM

Well, exe is not in the script. There is no magic it would work without it...

#7 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

where are you downloading from????

the last official release is script version v.15 (ShutdownPE.exe v1.4.2) and is located here: http://reboot.pro/fi.../20-shutdownpe/

I just downloaded and can confirm that both x86 and x64 binaries exist and run correctly.

the version included in the Win7PESE project and mine are identical as ChrisR and I keep in touch and update scripts when they are released.

neither scripts make use of the Arch check command.

#8 sebus

sebus

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 363 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

multiPE does not have it, Win7PESEhas it just fine

#9 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

multiPE's ShutdownPE is based on version 14, which has the erroneous (?) Unpack command.

Unpack,%SourceArch%,,True,%target_win%,system32,%ProgramEXE%

I can change to something similar like version 15:

ExtractAllFilesEx,%ScriptFile%,%SourceArch%,%Target_Sys%

As it can be seen from the above correspondation, ShutDownPE.Script is more a win7pese depending script than a commonly usable script.

Therefore I'm cautious with transferring newer versions to multiPE.

Version 14 also contains

Arch,x86|x64

which in the mean time is removed in version 15.

I'l remove the Arch command completelly from multiPE.

Because multiPE only handles x86 sources, it is unneeded.

Peter

#10 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

As it can be seen from the above correspondation, ShutDownPE.Script is more a win7pese depending script than a commonly usable script.

Therefore I'm cautious with transferring newer versions to multiPE.

I resent that statement.

there are no Win7PESE specific features in the ShutdownPE script and the only 2 "External" commands used are RunFromRam and Unpack (for extracting language files from zip). these "API" commands have been around since the stone age.

ShutdownPE, as with almost all my scripts is designed to be compatible with as many projects as possible. And I have always made that a point. Drop it into LiveXP, GENA, VistaPE, Win7RescuePE, Win7PE/SE, and MULTIPE and it will work as intended.

#11 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Thanks for clarifying.

But allow me to be cautious. As you stated above you agree everything with ChrisR. But I do not remember that anywhen you tried to agree with me.

Maybe the "Stone Aged" frozen "common" API I use, did not follow all addons in the bakery.

Peter

#12 sebus

sebus

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 363 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

I can change to something similar like version 15:

Peter

Thanks, works fine now, ofcourse the actual files are kept in separate zip (and not as attachments in script - silly me!)

#13 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

That is intended design and one of the highlights of multiPE.

In a new script version usually only the script's command lines are changed. Download needs some seconds.

If an (unchanged!) attachment of several megabytes is downloaded, some users with low bandwith have to wait a long time ...

I do not judge this as silly.

Peter :cheers:

#14 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:40 AM

Thanks for clarifying.

But allow me to be cautious. As you stated above you agree everything with ChrisR. But I do not remember that anywhen you tried to agree with me.

Maybe the "Stone Aged" frozen "common" API I use, did not follow all addons in the bakery.

Peter

the ShutdownPE script hasn't had a major change in almost a year and to my knowledge the unpack and RunFromRam commands are the same since long before that.

RunFromRam is needed to be sure ShutdownPE is packed in the .wim on Vista/Seven/8 projects so PXE Boot and eject work correctly as well as shell integration.

unpack is used for unzipping language files simply to make the script cleaner and having less code.

if you don't wish to use them you are free to modify the script for your project to exclude them of course. just do not say that ShutdownPE was made for only Win7PESE just because your project does not use it.

if you remember I first released ShutdownPE back when yahooUK and Joshua were working on Win7PE and Win7RescuePE because paragliders excellent tools were not compatible...long before Win7PESE came around.

in any case there is no reason to drag ChrisR into this. I value all developers suggestions and opinions. yours included. if you want to be included in per-release testing you only need to ask. as usual, suggestions and ideas are always welcome from ANYONE.

#15 sebus

sebus

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 363 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

I do not judge this as silly.

Silly me for not realizing it!  (not the project!)

#16 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

Sorry, my English!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users