- - - - -

New Version of SARDU: 1.0.7.3

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#26 .William.

.William.

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Development participation: MultiPar, Copy Handler, SARDU, Linux Live USB Creator, B&S.
    Operating Systems: Windows, Ubuntu
  •  
    Belgium

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:49 PM

Thank you for making this great tool !
At one point my pc wouldn't even start up anymore, and I was about to give up when I ran into your tool. So I downloaded it on an other pc en created a dvd with it.
It enabled me to find out why my pc had problems, and it turned out that Microsoft Security Essentials was corrupted. So I removed MSE and I was able to boot again.
I can recommend it to anyone out there !

On a side note: SARDU was my first experience with using Linux too and because of this experience I decided to install a Linux as a dual-boot with my windows. (I am still looking for a method to do that the way I like most)

#27 MrDaywalker

MrDaywalker
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Switzerland

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:35 AM

Hi

Bitdefender has released a new iso-file.
They renamed the iso to "BitDefender-Rescue-CD.iso".

SARDU (1.0.7.3d) is not able to recognize it. By renaming it to the "old" iso-name, sardu is able to import the iso-file.
When u boot bitdefender from the sardu-iso there is a error (VM&live mashine):
"Could not find ramdisk image: /KNOPPIX/Bitdefender/minirt.gz"

There is also a new release of Offline NT Password Registry&Editor.
New filename: cd100627.iso

You have to rename this file similar to the old one to be recognized by sardu, but it will not start (no error message).

Is it possible to fix that?

Best Greets from Switzerland.

#28 fms

fms

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 141 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:47 AM

Hi
Thanxs for the lovely program.....
Have used it to make a DVDR, also did test it on the USB.
Only observed a few things, dont know if anyone else is facing the same problem too
As MrDaywalker said , yes the new bitdefender does not have Knoppix folder, so used the old bitdefender and it worked.
Also NT Password did not work with any of the versions i tried cd100627.iso, cd080802.iso.
Also if i just made a Sardu iso using only Gparted, Trinity Rescue , both work. But if i make a full 4.7gb iso with gpart & trinity added to it, than Gpart & trinity do not work.
So there is some compatibility issues which prevent Gpart & Trinity from working.
Also i tried diffrent combinations and the same thing happens.
Or there is some bug in the proggy.
On the whole wanted to thank Davide Costa for such a lovely and easy proggy.

#29 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:35 PM

Hi
Thanxs for the lovely program.....
Have used it to make a DVDR, also did test it on the USB.
Only observed a few things, dont know if anyone else is facing the same problem too
As MrDaywalker said , yes the new bitdefender does not have Knoppix folder, so used the old bitdefender and it worked.
Also NT Password did not work with any of the versions i tried cd100627.iso, cd080802.iso.
Also if i just made a Sardu iso using only Gparted, Trinity Rescue , both work. But if i make a full 4.7gb iso with gpart & trinity added to it, than Gpart & trinity do not work.
So there is some compatibility issues which prevent Gpart & Trinity from working.
Also i tried diffrent combinations and the same thing happens.
Or there is some bug in the proggy.
On the whole wanted to thank Davide Costa for such a lovely and easy proggy.

Next version fix new name for NT Pwd.
For the problem with a 4.7 gb i don't understand ;)

#30 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:21 PM

Release 1.0.7.3e

Changelog:

*Fix BitDefender
*Fix NT Pwd (new name for iso is cd*.iso)
*Fix Gparted

#31 sara - pmedia

sara - pmedia

Frequent Member

• Lady
  • 184 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:47 PM

helo!
thanks for the nice tool.
i want to add more tools to my menu ( some windows setup, bartpe with many portble apps and more iso's...)
i can make it work on my usb but not secsess with large iso
if the iso large then 4gb then i get missing file erorr....
I even bought a 9gb dvd specifically to make a perfect boot media...

i use grub4dos and syslinux as boot loaders with both same resolse
Who is responsible for disability?

#32 fms

fms

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 141 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:39 PM

Sorry didnt see your query @davidecosta

For the problem with a 4.7 gb i don't understand sad.gif

Actually the problem which was/is occuring when i made the sardu dvdr was that, i was tryg to make a 4.7 dvdr with whatever options i could put via sardu program 1.7.0.3d. What was happening was that some of the iso setups were not working, even though i had downloaded them via sardu program itself. There were some setup conflicting with another setup and hence something or the other was not working
Example: if i made 4.7 gb dvdr with as many option and one of which was gparted and NT password, than gparted and NT password would not work. If i made a dvdr ONLY with gparted it wuld work. So something or the other was conflicting.
So to resolve that i had to keep tryg to c which setup (options) combination were not conflicting with each other, till i could find the right combination of iso setup, in which everything would work properly and i could also make the full use of the dvdr(ie 4.7gb).
So finally i managed to do that.....so it's okay now.
Also i do not know if this is the right place to write this, but i managed to put Backtrack 3 (not Bactrack4) on the sardu menu. And also managed to put Fedora 13 Live on the sardu menu. (this is incase u wuld want to add it to ur sardu program, i do not know if this is possible or not, but thought of informing here) ;)

#33 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:45 AM

helo!
thanks for the nice tool.
i want to add more tools to my menu ( some windows setup, bartpe with many portble apps and more iso's...)
i can make it work on my usb but not secsess with large iso
if the iso large then 4gb then i get missing file erorr....
I even bought a 9gb dvd specifically to make a perfect boot media...

i use grub4dos and syslinux as boot loaders with both same resolse
Who is responsible for disability?

You talk about sardu?

Sorry didnt see your query @davidecosta

Actually the problem which was/is occuring when i made the sardu dvdr was that, i was tryg to make a 4.7 dvdr with whatever options i could put via sardu program 1.7.0.3d. What was happening was that some of the iso setups were not working, even though i had downloaded them via sardu program itself. There were some setup conflicting with another setup and hence something or the other was not working
Example: if i made 4.7 gb dvdr with as many option and one of which was gparted and NT password, than gparted and NT password would not work. If i made a dvdr ONLY with gparted it wuld work. So something or the other was conflicting.
So to resolve that i had to keep tryg to c which setup (options) combination were not conflicting with each other, till i could find the right combination of iso setup, in which everything would work properly and i could also make the full use of the dvdr(ie 4.7gb).
So finally i managed to do that.....so it's okay now.
Also i do not know if this is the right place to write this, but i managed to put Backtrack 3 (not Bactrack4) on the sardu menu. And also managed to put Fedora 13 Live on the sardu menu. (this is incase u wuld want to add it to ur sardu program, i do not know if this is possible or not, but thought of informing here) ;)

With old sardu was a bug with f-secure 3.11. This bug didn't allow the boot of ntpwd and gparted. Now I think is solved.

#34 fms

fms

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 141 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:36 PM

With old sardu was a bug with f-secure 3.11. This bug didn't allow the boot of ntpwd and gparted. Now I think is solved.

I see, so when i was having that problem with gparted and NTW, it culd have been f-secure the culprit. Bcos i had fsecure on it too.....Thanxs for the update.... ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users