5 replies to this topic

#1 BreShiE

BreShiE
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    England

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:13 PM

Hey guys, I'm BreShiE from tech.reboot.pro.

My name is Nathan Haines, I live in the UK and I'm 17 years of age. I myself have been a web developer for around a year now, and have picked up many, many skills along the way. (coding etc...). My internet career began as I believe many do, I just used it to go and talk to friends / listen to music, but that all changed after I got expelled from school.

After I got expelled from school, I then got into Xbox LIVE, I became a 'no life' and went through a stage where I couldn't talk about anything but my games, pretty sad, right? Then back in '09 I learned about the 'back end' of gaming, the gaming 'underworld' which consists of DDoSing / hacking / cheating / scamming. I went through a bad spell and mixed with some bad people, as I have my whole life, things never change. Then late '10 I learned the art of web mastering. I began just running a simple Invision Power Board forum, which I again picked up many-many skills. Then early this year I began with MyBB Forums and actually buying my own domains. I haven't looked back since.

#2 Holmes.Sherlock

Holmes.Sherlock

Gold Member

• Team Reboot
  • 1444 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:58 AM

Then back in '09 I learned about the 'back end' of gaming, the gaming 'underworld' which consists of DDoSing / hacking / cheating / scamming.

How does "gaming" relate to "DDoSing / hacking / cheating / scamming"?

#3 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:14 AM

Welcome aboard BreShiE.

To some point I do understand what you mean. A long time ago I also opted by passing more time on real activities than wasting time with games and actually learn/do something useful with my time. Can't say that I regret that decision, helped me raise the skills to find a challenging professional activity in real life.

Hope to see you more often around here, take care!

This happens when you're feeling a bit lost in the world and explore the means at your reach to see where they lead. For example, when I was younger me and friend of mine learned our way to hack into SimCity 1 saved files in order to change the map and get more "credits". From that game, I applied the same reverse engineering onto "Helifoot" and "Carmageddon."

It is a learning process, later I used this gathered knowledge to successfully reverse engineer the registry hives from Windows and manipulate them. So, instead of applying my efforts to gaming, it became something that helped others in real life. Everyone goes through their own path and there is no need to judge people for that. What is needed is to welcome and show others how to have fun and still do something that benefits the community.

Take care!
:cheers:
  • Holmes.Sherlock likes this

#4 BreShiE

BreShiE
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    England

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:24 PM

Quite easily actually. You get into an argument with someone on Xbox LIVE and DDoS them. You need some Microsoft points for your account on Xbox LIVE, and you scam them. You don't want to get to the highest level on a game on your own, so instead you cheat to get there.

#5 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:04 PM

Quite easily actually.

...if you have your "ethics filter" set to "medium" (for any reason, actually most common setting).

With the same kind of reasoning, you could "relate" gaming (actually getting into an argument over a game) with about every activity under the sun, including becoming a monk :innocent: if set to "high" or a killer if set to "low" or "off" :diablo: . :whistling:

Wonko

#6 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:25 PM

Monk is boring, the bad boys get all the really hot chicks, i would opt for killer, if i were a gameing man. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users