Balubeto Balubeto

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 130 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:41 AM

You dont create this file.

You obtain it from the iso, dvd or waik/adk.

In  your case it is probably in <Windows_PE_Path>\x32\fwfiles and <Windows_PE_Path>\x64\fwfiles.

Or in <Windows_PE_Path>\Boot_files but you seem to copy only the x32 version in there, looking at your batch.

Then, since you seem to be using WAIK/ADK, dont use MakeWinPEMedia batch (as we dont know what it does...) but rather go straight for the oscdimg microsoft tool.

That tool has a command line parameters to point at your efisys.bin to make your ise UEFI compliant which is may be what is missing in MakeWinPEMedia .

As a whole, the issue might be the batch you are using? it requires knowledge which you may not have acquired yet?

Why not go for a simpler/proven to work tool which you can find out there?

Which syntax I should use to create the ISO image of Windows PE 32/64 bit perfectly working?

In addition, using only the Microsoft utilities, how do I create a bootable USB stick with Windows PE 32/64 bit?

Thanks

Bye

#27 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:49 AM

UEFI 12.3.2.1 ISO-9660 and El Torito

EFI differs from “El Torito” “no emulation” mode in that it does not load the “no emulation” image into memory and jump to it.
EFI interprets the “no emulation” image as an EFI system partition.

There seems to be no restriction: a floppy image, a MBR hard disk image or a GPT hard disk image should work.
Even a fixed size VHD image should work. A powershell ISO aware OS, supports VHD out the box too.

Nice :).
That would also explain some of the "Acronis iso's":
http://reboot.pro/to...-grub2-at-uefi/
I thought they were "special" images, i.e. that it was their contents that made them working.
Most probably it's just the "El-Torito" name that creates confusion because - by "coincidence" - a number of EFI bootable .iso happen to use a floppy image.

But we are not much nearer to provide a "final" solution to Balubeto's issue. :dubbio:

Wouldn't it be (maybe) time to introduce GRUB2 in the build? :unsure:

Or we would have the same "duality" problem with EFI 32 and EFI 64?

Conversely, anyone has actually seen a 32 bit EFI system which actually has a DVD?

Isn't the platform "limited" to a bunch of netbook/tablets?

I mean, maybe BIOS booting needs to be both 32 and 64 bit compliant, whilst EFI boot could be only 64 bit compliant?

:duff:
Wonko

#28 Balubeto Balubeto

Balubeto Balubeto

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 130 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:40 AM

To create an iso that works in any case, I thought to rename the two Efisys.bin in efisys_x32.bin and efisys_x64.bin and then use the command

oscdimg -o -u2 -udfver102 -bootdata:3#p0,e,b"<Windows_PE_Path>\Boot_files\etfsboot.com"#pEF,e,b"<Windows_PE_Path>\Boot_files\efisys_x32.bin"#pEF,e,b"<Windows_PE_Path>\Boot_files\efisys_x64.bin" "<Windows_PE_Path>\x32-x64" "<Windows_PE_Path>\ISO\Windows_PE_x32-x64.iso"

to create the ISO.

For you, with this method, I can reach my goal?

Thanks

Bye

Edited by Balubeto Balubeto, 14 May 2015 - 10:42 AM.

#29 cdob

cdob

Gold Member

• Expert
  • 1469 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 04:06 PM

Wouldn't it be (maybe) time to introduce GRUB2 in the build? :unsure:

Secure boot hasn't requested so far, but I assume it's requested implicied.
Grub2 and secure boot PE opens another can of worms. No, it's not a time to introduce Grub2.

But we are not much nearer to provide a "final" solution to Balubeto's issue. :dubbio:

Conversely, anyone has actually seen a 32 bit EFI system which actually has a DVD?

Isn't the platform "limited" to a bunch of netbook/tablets?

I mean, maybe BIOS booting needs to be both 32 and 64 bit compliant, whilst EFI boot could be only 64 bit compliant?

Yes, this is a good self limitation.

Contrary there are USB DVD drives. This includes virtual DVD devices, some USB flash or some USB hard disk cases.

Yes, UEFI is 64 bit in most cases, hence 64 bit PE should be used as base and 32 bit added.
Extract files from a 64 bit ISO and add as less as possible.

efisys.vhd add two files
<x64 floppy iamge efisys.bin>\efi\boot\bootx64.efi --> <VHD image efisys.bin>\efi\boot\bootx64.efi
<x86 DVD:>\efi\boot\bootia32.efi --> <VHD image>\efi\boot\bootia32.efi
<x64 DVD:>\bootmgr.efi --> <multi DVD:>\bootmgr.efi
VMware Player EFI dosn't mount efisys.vhd correctly. Using a VHD image fails.

Using a more common hardware device again:
2.88 MB floppy image efisys.ima add two files

<x64 floppy iamge efisys.bin>\efi\boot\bootx64.efi --> <IMA image efisys.ima>\efi\boot\bootx64.efi
<x86 DVD:>\efi\boot\bootia32.efi --> <IMA image efisys.ima>\efi\boot\bootia32.efi
oscdimg.exe -o -u2 -udfver102 -bootdata:2#p0,e,b"%DVD_root%\boot\etfsboot.com"#pEF,e,b"%DVD_root%\efi\microsoft\boot\efisys.ima" "%DVD_root%" AIO.ISO
x32 UEFI PE does boot.
x64 UEFI PE does boot.

efisys_x32.bin and efisys_x64.bin

oscdimg #pEF,e,b"<Windows_PE_Path>\Boot_files\efisys_x64.bin"

This sets one efi boot file, the second efisys_x32.bin is not used. DVD is UEFI x64 only.
UEFI supports one EFI image only at DVD, no you can't use two EFI boot images.

#30 Balubeto Balubeto

Balubeto Balubeto

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 130 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 May 2015 - 04:39 PM

Secure boot hasn't requested so far, but I assume it's requested implicied.
Grub2 and secure boot PE opens another can of worms. No, it's not a time to introduce Grub2.

Contrary there are USB DVD drives. This includes virtual DVD devices, some USB flash or some USB hard disk cases.

Yes, UEFI is 64 bit in most cases, hence 64 bit PE should be used as base and 32 bit added.
Extract files from a 64 bit ISO and add as less as possible.

efisys.vhd add two files

<x64 floppy iamge efisys.bin>\efi\boot\bootx64.efi --> <VHD image efisys.bin>\efi\boot\bootx64.efi
<x86 DVD:>\efi\boot\bootia32.efi --> <VHD image>\efi\boot\bootia32.efi
VMware Player EFI dosn't mount efisys.vhd correctly. Using a VHD image fails.

<x64 floppy iamge efisys.bin>\efi\boot\bootx64.efi --> <IMA image efisys.ima>\efi\boot\bootx64.efi
<x86 DVD:>\efi\boot\bootia32.efi --> <IMA image efisys.ima>\efi\boot\bootia32.efi
oscdimg.exe -o -u2 -udfver102 -bootdata:2#p0,e,b"%DVD_root%\boot\etfsboot.com"#pEF,e,b"%DVD_root%\efi\microsoft\boot\efisys.ima" "%DVD_root%" AIO.ISO
x32 UEFI PE does boot.
x64 UEFI PE does boot.

This sets one efi boot file, the second efisys_x32.bin is not used. DVD is UEFI x64 only.

Sorry but, using only Microsoft utilities, how do I create the efisys.ima and bootmgr.efi files that work indifferently with the UEFI 32/64 bit?

Thanks

Bye

Edited by Balubeto Balubeto, 15 May 2015 - 05:03 PM.

#31 cdob

cdob

Gold Member

• Expert
  • 1469 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:21 PM

using only Microsoft utilities

I don't know. Attach a 2.88 mb USB floppy drive.

You should clarify the build environment anyway.
There are different operating systems with different utilities.

Or be happy with the UEFI only x64 DVD.

#32 Balubeto Balubeto

Balubeto Balubeto

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 130 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:51 PM

I don't know. Attach a 2.88 mb USB floppy drive.

You should clarify the build environment anyway.
There are different operating systems with different utilities.

Or be happy with the UEFI only x64 DVD.

By chance, someone has already created these two files for Windows PE 5.x that work indifferently with the the UEFI 32/64 bit?

Thanks

Bye

#33 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:34 PM

Ok, we have too many untamed worms roaming free on the floor, better not to increase the population :ph34r:.

Sure :), what I meant was that unless that maybe the specific "one-size-fits-all-DVD" if too complex could after all - in practice be limited to a "one-size-fits-almost-all-DVD" covering - say - 99% of all machines ones encounter in real life.

I am not sure to have understood (actually I am sure to have NOT understood) this:

x32 UEFI PE does boot.
x64 UEFI PE does boot.

Could you expand/rephrase/explain?

This:

Sorry but, using only Microsoft utilities, how do I create the efisys.ima and bootmgr.efi files that work indifferently with the UEFI 32/64 bit?

adds a further (artificial? :dubbio:) limitation.

I could understand a limitation of this kind in the case of using a third party (possibly not properly licensed or in "trial" version) inside a commercial project/firm, but BFI?

I don't think there are doubts about it's origin, free license and what not, and since it created floppy disks flawlessly for the last 12 (twelve) years I would call it also "very reliable", still it would create only a 2.88 Mb sized floppy image, Balubeto could try :unsure: if a newish version of MS virtual PC allows to create a 2.88 Mb floppy image:

https://support.micr...en-us/kb/825098

but if there is a need to create a bigger one the only MS original tool I can think of is the VSS driver:

http://reboot.pro/to...storage-driver/

that works a treat on XP :) but noone has reported it actually working on more recent OS's/on 64 bit OS.

Wonko

#34 cdob

cdob

Gold Member

• Expert
  • 1469 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 09:05 AM

Could you expand/rephrase/explain?

Extract files from a x64 PE.
Adjust bcd store, add renamed boot.wim.

Rename/resize/edit the extracted floppy image efisys.bin:
extract a file \efi\boot\bootia32.efi from a x86 DVD
insert this bootia32.efi to the floppy image

Create a new DVD.

boot*sys embedded in efisys.bin is different to DVD file \efi\boot\boot*.sys

x64 DVD boot:
UEFI reads Eltorito EFI image and launches embedded \efi\boot\bootx64.efi.
and offers to press a key to continue PE booting
bootx64.efi chainloads \bootmgr.efi at DVD
bootmgr.efi reads the file bcd at DVD and present the menu.

x86 DVD boot:
UEFI reads Eltorito EFI image and launches embedded \efi\boot\bootia32.efi.
bootia32.efi reads the file bcd at DVD and present the menu.

if a newish version of MS virtual PC allows to create a 2.88 Mb floppy image:

Hyper-V is supported at a Powershell ISO mount operating system
https://technet.micr...v=wps.630).aspx

PS C:\> New-VFD "c:\floppy.vfd"

However there is no size option at first glance, a 2.88 Mb floppy may work or fail.

#35 Balubeto Balubeto

Balubeto Balubeto

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 130 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 May 2015 - 09:39 AM

Therefore, someone could write a guide on how to create a CD of Windows PE 5.x 32/64 that boots from any computer with the BIOS/UEFI?

Thanks

Bye

#36 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 May 2015 - 10:55 AM

@cdob

Let's see if I can recap slightly differently (expanding on your expansion to make it more clear and to check I have actually understood correctly).

Let's call the DVD "drive L:\" and the EFI Floppy image efisys.bin "M:\".

A DIR /S/B of drive D:\ would be at the very least :unsure::

L:\bootmgr <- normal BIOS BOOTMGR
L:\bootmgr.efi <- (64 bit) bootmgr.EFI
L:\boot\bcd <- BIOS BCD
L:\boot\boot.sdi <- Needs to be modified? are two boot.sdi needed? (one for the x64 and one for the x32 boot.wim?)
L:\efi\boot\bootx64.efi
L:\efi\microsoft\boot\bcd <- EFI BCD
L:\sources\bootx64.wim <- 64 bit boot.wim renamed

L:\sources\bootia32.wim <- 32 bit boot.wim renamed
L:\sources\installx64.wim <- 64 bit install.wim renamed

L:\sources\installia32.wim <- 32 bit install.wim renamed

Whilst a DIR /S/B of the floppy image would be:

M:\EFI\BOOT\BOOTx64.EFI

M:\EFI\BOOT\BOOTIA32.EFI

Booting:

BIOS:

No Emulation Bootsector on DVD (embedded efsboot.com)->L:\bootmgr->L:\boot\bcd->Choice between 32 bit and 64 bit

(or can a 32 bit boot.wim be used to install a 64 bit install.wim? :dubbio:)

EFI64:

M:\EFI\BOOT\BOOTx64.EFI->L:\bootmgr.efi->L:\efi\microsoft\boot\bcd->L:\boot\boot.sdi->L:\sources\bootx64.wim

EFI32:

M:\EFI\BOOT\BOOTIA32.EFI->L:\efi\microsoft\boot\bcd->L:\boot\boot.sdi->L:\sources\bootia32.wim

Please feel free to correct/amend/clear doubt and questions where needed :).

Now what is needed is the exact set of commands needed for BCDEDIT to modify both the "BIOS" and the "EFI" BCD's to allow the choices, maybe one could find some clever tricks to "merge" the standard 32 bit and 64 bit BCD's nto oe and then amend change just the file names? :unsure:

@Balubeto

Therefore, someone could write a guide on how to create a CD of Windows PE 5.x 32/64 that boots from any computer with the BIOS/UEFI?

Therefore? :w00t:

Yes/No.

http://homepage.ntlw...no-answers.html

There is NO GUARANTEE whatsoever that anyone will EVER write it, haven't you noticed we are trying to put together the basic method, and you could well at least §@ç#ing TRY to understand what has been posted till now and ask for questions and clarifications about the parts you didn't understand, and try carrying your own experiments INSTEAD of re-asking again the same question.

None of us is contractually engaged (for free) to solve your issue/question, particularly with the artificial limitations that you pose about the "using only MS tools".

As always, remember that it is your question / your problem, and till now you did NOTHING to contribute - even minimally - to this thread (apart re-asking the same questions a few times in slightly different manners).

Wonko

#37 cdob

cdob

Gold Member

• Expert
  • 1469 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:16 PM

Windows PE 5.x 32/64 that boots from any computer with the BIOS/UEFI?

Clarify the build environment. Are third party applications possible?
I doubt a soltuiton booting at ALL computer. Do you accept almost all computer?

L:\boot\boot.sdi <- Needs to be modified? are two boot.sdi needed? (one for the x64 and one for the x32 boot.wim?)

Boot.sdi is generic, a Windows 10 boot.sdi works at Vista and up. One file boot.sdi is fine.

Yes, summary describes the situation.
But there is no install.wim at ADK PE 5.x boot.

#38 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:45 PM

But there is no install.wim at ADK PE 5.x boot.

Yep :), I was going one step ahead, seeing if this approach could be useful to install a Windows (probably it is not possible on DVD due to size, but maybe it could be used on - say - Blue-Ray or as a virtual disk of some kind on USB media :unsure:).

On the other hand, IMHO a default WinPE (as created from WAIK with only MS tools) is useful to do more or less three things:

1. use the "GUI wizard" for recovery (the one that usually never works to recover an actually botched system ;))
  2. recover a "botched" system by running any among BOOTSECT, BCDEDIT, BCDTOOL CHKDSK and maybe a handful more command line utilities
  3. install or re-install applying the install.wim image to the internal disk

I am not sure to understand how the described setup works (or should work on most machines), the BIOS is "normal" the EFI 64 bit is also normal, but the EFI 32 bit? :dubbio:

EFI32:
M:\EFI\BOOT\BOOTIA32.EFI->L:\efi\microsoft\boot\bcd->L:\boot\boot.sdi->L:\sources\bootia32.wim

The booted BOOTIA32.EFI attempts to actually load the L:\bootmgr.efi but since this latter is a 64 bit EFI it fails and then (as a failover) loads the L:\efi\microsoft\boot\bcd bypassing the L:\bootmgr.efi?

Wonko

#39 Balubeto Balubeto

Balubeto Balubeto

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 130 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:26 PM

Sorry but someone could explain to me how can I create a floppy image to create the files independent architecture used?

Thanks

Bye

Edited by Balubeto Balubeto, 16 May 2015 - 04:27 PM.

#40 cdob

cdob

Gold Member

• Expert
  • 1469 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:29 PM

Yep :), I was going one step ahead, seeing if this approach could be useful to install a Windows

I guess there are more tasks to solve a installation DVD.
I'll ignore this at this thread.

The booted BOOTIA32.EFI attempts to actually load the L:\bootmgr.efi but since this latter is a 64 bit EFI it fails and then (as a failover) loads the L:\efi\microsoft\boot\bcd bypassing the L:\bootmgr.efi?

No, the DVD file \efi\bootia32.efi is a single file only, it dosn't search bootmgr.efi.
This file is intended to be launched from at (USB) disk.
The manufacturer dosn't support to run this from a DVD. Works in real world by chance.

Sorry but someone could explain to me how can I create a floppy image to create the files independent architecture used?

Sorry, can you answer questions?
Third party tools imdisk and bfi has been named. Can you use this ones?

#41 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:38 PM

I guess there are more tasks to solve a installation DVD.
I'll ignore this at this thread.

Well, I was thinking to use the "fujianabc" approach of applying the .wim directly, but you are right, it is outside the scope of this thread. :)

No, the DVD file \efi\bootia32.efi is a single file only, it dosn't search bootmgr.efi.
This file is intended to be launched from at (USB) disk.
The manufacturer dosn't support to run this from a DVD. Works in real world by chance.

Now I see. :) :thumbsup:

I thought that the booting was "symmetrical" between the 32 and the 64 bit EFI loaders.... 

Wonko

#42 cdob

cdob

Gold Member

• Expert
  • 1469 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:40 PM

To create a BIOS/UEFI PE ISO
MakeWinPE3264.cmd c:\pe3264

ADK 8.1 https://www.microsof...s.aspx?id=39982
Open a ADK command prompt at elevated permissions

Copy MakeWinPE3264.cmd to %WinPERoot%

Within OS default files:
the builded DVD boots at BIOS x86/x64 and UEFI x64

Add addional programs to create BIOS x86/x64 and UEFI x86/x64:
7-zip http://7-zip.org/installed at "%ProgramFiles%\7-zip\
bfi http://www.nu2.nu/bfi/copy bfi.exe to %WinPERoot%

Attached Files

#43 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:38 AM

NIce :).

MIssing note:
IMDISK is needed (and the driver installed):

echo. &echo create x86 amd64 EFI floppy image
%systemroot%\system32\imdisk.exe -a -t file -f "%pe_32_64%\fwfiles\efisys.ima" -s 2880K -p "/fs:FAT /q /y" -m B:
md B:\efi\boot\
copy "%pe_32_64%\fwfiles\bootx64.efi" B:\efi\boot\
copy "%WinPERoot%\x86\Media\EFI\Boot\bootia32.efi" %pe_32_64%\media\EFI\Boot\
%systemroot%\system32\imdisk.exe -d -m B:
goto :eof =============================================================

This can be replaced - I believe - with Gilles Vollant Extract.exe (which not only extracts but can also inject files) to use the floppy image "offline" (without mounting it):
 http://www.winimage.com/extract.htm
extract -i inserts file in an image.

Usage:
Extract -l <file> [<Files names>] List file in an image
Extract -e <file> [x:outpath] [<Files names>] Extract files
Extract -x <file> [x:outpath] [<Files names>] eXtract files with pathname
Extract -i <file> [<Files names>] [-Fnnn] Inject files on an image

Wonko

#44 cdob

cdob

Gold Member

• Expert
  • 1469 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:29 PM

MIssing note:
IMDISK is needed (and the driver installed):

No, Imdisk is not used. It's referenced as a reminder, can be used in future, may be ADK10.
I like to avoid a kernel driver so far.

BFI creates the floppy image.

This can be replaced - I believe - with Gilles Vollant Extract.exe (which not only extracts but can also inject files) to use the floppy image "offline" (without mounting it):

Thanks, I'm searching this feature to extract and insert.

EXTRACT -I NEWDISK.IMA efi\boot\* -F288

inject file .\EFI\BOOT\BOOTIA32.EFI inject, 1572864 free on image
inject file .\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI inject, 211968 free on image

The image contatins files \BOOTIA32.EFI and \BOOTX64.EFI.
How to create path \efi\boot?

added:
Buidling/modifying floppy images with mtools
http://reboot.pro/to...winimageimdisk/

added 2:
mcopy -s -i efisys.bin ::/efi

mformat -C -f 2880 -v EFI -d 1 -r 6 -L 9 -i 288.ima ::
mmd -i 288.ima ::/efi
mmd -i 288.ima ::/efi/boot

mcopy -s -i 288.ima efi/boot/bootx64.efi ::/efi/boot/bootx64.efi
mcopy -s -i 288.ima efi/boot/bootia32.efi ::/efi/boot/bootia.efi

Edited by cdob, 19 May 2015 - 04:38 PM.

#45 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:54 PM

You are right :), Extract seemingly cannot use paths in target :(.

BUT given this:

Directory di D:\BFI_Extract

19/05/2015 19.36 <DIR> .
19/05/2015 19.36 <DIR> ..
01/11/2002 13.50 92.672 bfi.exe
19/05/2015 19.29 92.017 bfi10.zip
19/05/2015 19.28 32.503 extrac21.zip
19/08/1996 02.10 52.736 EXTRACT.EXE
19/08/1996 02.10 7.385 EXTRACT.TXT
19/05/2015 19.33 <DIR> Root
5 File 277.313 byte

Directory di D:\BFI_Extract\Root

19/05/2015 19.33 <DIR> .
19/05/2015 19.33 <DIR> ..
19/05/2015 19.32 <DIR> boot
0 File 0 byte

Directory di D:\BFI_Extract\Root\boot

19/05/2015 19.32 <DIR> .
19/05/2015 19.32 <DIR> ..
19/05/2015 19.34 <DIR> EFI
0 File 0 byte

Directory di D:\BFI_Extract\Root\boot\EFI

19/05/2015 19.34 <DIR> .
19/05/2015 19.34 <DIR> ..
19/05/2015 19.32 0 Dummy32.txt
19/05/2015 19.32 0 Dummy64.txt
2 File 0 byte

This:

bfi -v -t2880K -f=test.ima D:\BFI_Extract\Root\

seems like working nicely ;).

D:\BFI_Extract>extract -l test.ima
Extract NT - Extract file in wImage - V 2.10 (c) 1991-96 Gilles Vollant
Visit web page : http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/gvollant/extract.htm

image file : test.ima no label
BOOT <REP> 19.05.115 19:53
BOOT\EFI <REP> 19.05.115 19:53
BOOT\EFI\Dummy32.txt 0 19.05.115 19:32
BOOT\EFI\Dummy64.txt 0 19.05.115 19:32
0 bytes in 2 files, 2929664 bytes free

Though the extract doesn't deal well with 2015 :whistling:, anyway the image mounted in IMDISK as A: gives:

D:\BFI_Extract>DIR A: /S
Il volume nell'unità A non ha etichetta.
Numero di serie del volume: 362F-1AA9

Directory di A:\

19/05/2015 19.53 <DIR> boot
0 File 0 byte

Directory di A:\boot

19/05/2015 19.53 <DIR> .
19/05/2015 19.53 <DIR> ..
19/05/2015 19.53 <DIR> EFI
0 File 0 byte

Directory di A:\boot\EFI

19/05/2015 19.53 <DIR> .
19/05/2015 19.53 <DIR> ..
19/05/2015 19.32 0 Dummy32.txt
19/05/2015 19.32 0 Dummy64.txt
2 File 0 byte

Totale file elencati:
2 File 0 byte
6 Directory 2.929.664 byte disponibili

Wonko

#46 cdob

cdob

Gold Member

• Expert
  • 1469 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:29 PM

bfi -v -t2880K -f=test.ima D:\BFI_Extract\Root\
seems like working nicely ;).

Yes, it's part of script #42 already. The answer is 42 ;)
"%WinPERoot%\bfi.exe" -t=288 -f="%pe_32_64%\fwfiles\efisys.ima" "%pe_32_64%\fwfiles\floppy"

D:\BFI_Extract>extract -l test.ima

Extract is a good suggestion.
Added extract as preference to 7-zip.
Undocumented: 7-zip works still by chance to extract the file.

Within OS default files:
the builded DVD boots at BIOS x86/x64 and UEFI x64

Add addional programs to create BIOS x86/x64 and UEFI x86/x64:
extract http://www.winimage.com/extract.htmcopy extract.exe to %WinPERoot%
bfi http://www.nu2.nu/bfi/copy bfi.exe to %WinPERoot%

Attached Files

• Abbodi likes this

#47 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:46 PM

Good. :thumbsup:
As a side-side note, in May 2015 Gilles Vollant is celebrating 22 years of activity in the field! :worship:

Wonko

#48 Balubeto Balubeto

Balubeto Balubeto

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 130 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:43 PM

I saw that you are able to create a CD of Windows PE 5.x 32/64 bit working on every type of computer regardless of the BIOS or UEFI. Right?

If so, someone has written a guide separate from this thread that explains the proper procedure to do this?

Thanks

Bye

#49 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:16 PM

If so, someone has written a guide separate from this thread that explains the proper procedure to do this?

Which kind of guide do you expect? :unsure:

These two posts by cdob:

http://reboot.pro/to...e-2#entry192722

http://reboot.pro/to...oblem/?p=192743

ARE the guide.

Simply download the latest version of the batch, make sure to add the required programs and run it.

Have you simply tried doing that?

If yes, which specific difficulties did you find?

If no, why don't you try it?

Wonko

#50 Balubeto Balubeto

Balubeto Balubeto

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 130 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:36 AM

Which kind of guide do you expect? :unsure:

These two posts by cdob:

http://reboot.pro/to...e-2#entry192722

http://reboot.pro/to...oblem/?p=192743

ARE the guide.

Simply download the latest version of the batch, make sure to add the required programs and run it.

Have you simply tried doing that?

If yes, which specific difficulties did you find?

If no, why don't you try it?

Wonko

If I run the MakeWinPE3264_v02 script, how do I define the %WinPERoot% variable?

Thanks

Bye

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users