reboot.pro.SUCKS
  • Validating
  • 1 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

My question: 
How do I install Ethernet drivers

You dont have to read whats below this sentence. An answer to my question will make me happy. 

What I am running:
i7 3770k
Asus Sabertooth z77
6GB of DDR3 RAM
16GB PNY Flash Drive

So my network device (Built into the motherboard) and my Wifi card (thats on the motherboard) is not showing up in the 'Adapter Settings' and 'Device Manager' 

There is a bug I found to. After refreshing devices in Device Manager things get buggy.. After messing around for about 3 minutes I get a BSOD. 

What I did was put the ISO I built onto my 16GB flash drive, then took the drivers for my Intel Ethernet and put them in a folder I made on my flashdrive. I tried to run them..It said I needed to be running "windows management instrumentation service." I found how to turn that on and then I tried to install the drivers. It wasnt giving me a "windows management instrumentation service needs to be running" error anymore and then right when its about to install it gives me an error code.

I also noticed that there was no C drive mounted. I looked in the Partitioning Disk Utility (Or whatever it is) and I didnt see anything mounted as C: 
That really made me sorta mad. Why is the OS mounted as a different drive letter? 

But I finally gave up and came here. 

Regular windows 7 notices my Wifi card straight from installation of the OS and then I use that to download drivers. Hell, Even ubuntu, Linux Mint, and many others notice my wifi card. But I've went through the hassle of stringing my modem, router, and many cords over my bed just to plug in a Ethernet cord to the back of my motherboard...That didnt work. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lan, drivers, windows 7, x86

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users