20 replies to this topic

#1 m3fan

m3fan

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:35 PM

I'm trying to add Safeboot plugin to access encrypted hard drives. I have all the files and it works fine under BartPE which is XP based. I tried adding the Safeboot.inf to WinBuilder and it seemed to work fine, no errors. Then I set up my USB flash drive and it boots fine, Safeboot is there too but when I try to use it it's saying the encryption driver is not loaded. I used the script from BartPE plugin:

; PE Builder v3 plug-in INF file

; Created by Bart Lagerweij

; http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

;

; Adds SafeBoot Encrypted Disk support to WinPE. 

[Version]

Signature= "$Windows NT$"

[PEBuilder]

Name="SafeBoot 5.1.0 WinTech (AES-FIPS)"

Enable=1

Help="safeboot.txt"

[WinntDirectories]

a="System32\SafeBoot",1

b="Programs\SafeBoot",3

c="Programs\SafeBoot\SbAlgs",3

d="Programs\SafeBoot\SbTokens",3

e="Programs\SafeBoot\SbReaders",3

[SourceDisksFiles]

safeboot.w2k=4,SafeBoot.sys,1

sbalg.sys=4,,1

sbtag=a,,1

txtsetup.oem=a,,1

SafeBoot.bmp=2,,1

SbWinTech.exe=b,,1

SbXferDb.dll=b,,1

SbComms.dll=b,,1

SbUILib.dll=b,,1

SbDbMgr.dll=b,,1

SbErrors.xml=b,,1

SbAlg.dll=c,,1

SbTokenPwd.dll=d,,1

[SetupReg.AddReg]

0x7,"ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}","UpperFilters", "PartMGR","SafeBoot"

0x4,"ControlSet001\Services\SafeBoot","Type", 0x1

0x4,"ControlSet001\Services\SafeBoot","Start", 0x0

0x4,"ControlSet001\Services\SafeBoot","ErrorControl",0x3

0x4,"ControlSet001\Services\SBAlg","Type",0x1

0x4,"ControlSet001\Services\SBAlg","Start",0x0

0x4,"ControlSet001\Services\SBAlg","ErrorControl",0x3

0x1,"ControlSet001\Services\SBAlg","Group","Primary Disk"

[Default.AddReg]

0x2, "Control Panel\desktop", "WallPaper", "%systemroot%\system32\SafeBoot.bmp"

[Append]

"txtsetup.sif","sb_txtsetup.sif"

nu2menu.xml, sb_nu2menu.xml

[SetValue]

; Adjust txtsetup.sif

"txtsetup.sif", "SetupData", "loaderprompt", """Starting BartPE with SafeBoot Support..."""

I also tried this
peimg /inf=c:\inf\*.inf /image=c:\winpe_x86\mount
where c:\inf contains all the files for Safeboot including safeboot.sys but I get this error :
Installing INF package: c:\inf\safeboot.inf

PEIMG failed to complete the operation with status code 0x800f024a.
I think this is because safeboot.inf is the BartPE plugin inf file and not the actual driver but I only have safeboot.sys. This is working fine in BartPE.

Any ideas how to get the driver loaded?

Thanks in advance

#2 m3fan

m3fan

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:39 AM

Any ideas? The BartPE plugin works fine so what else should I try to get it to work in WinPE?

#3 m3fan

m3fan

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:19 PM

Well I'm doing my own reply again :cheers:. I've been reading on this and I found H7PluginBuilder. It generated my script and created safeboot.script and gave me a folder called "files" which contains all the files including the drivers. I put in into my WinBuilder project and ran it but it keeps getting error and stops. The error is IniRead Failed to find file [%Project Info%]. I will post the script, i read through it but i'm not really a developer and to me everything seems fine.

Here is the script that was converted for WinPE:
[Main]

Title=SafeBoot 5.1.0 WinTech (AES-FIPS)

Level=4

Type=Script

Selected=True

[Process]

IniRead,"%ProjectInfo%","TargetStrings","sProgram_Files","%WorkDir%"

Echo,Creating empty directories...

DirMake,"%TargetDir%\%WorkDir%\SafeBoot\SbReaders"

Echo,Processing files Build[(None)]...

DirMake,"%TargetDir%\I386\system32\drivers"

DirMake,"%TargetDir%\I386\system32\SafeBoot"

DirMake,"%TargetDir%\I386\system32"

DirMake,"%TargetDir%\%WorkDir%\SafeBoot"

DirMake,"%TargetDir%\%WorkDir%\SafeBoot\SbAlgs"

DirMake,"%TargetDir%\%WorkDir%\SafeBoot\SbTokens"

FileCopy,"%ScriptDir%\files\drivers\safeboot.w2k","%TargetDir%\I386\system32\drivers\"

If,NotExistFile,"%TargetDir%\I386\system32\drivers\SafeBoot.sys",FileRename,"%TargetDir%\I386\system32\drivers\safeboot.w2k","%TargetDir%\I386\system32\drivers\SafeBoot.sys"

FileCopy,"%ScriptDir%\files\drivers\sbalg.sys","%TargetDir%\I386\system32\drivers\"

FileCopy,"%ScriptDir%\files\SafeBoot\sbtag","%TargetDir%\I386\system32\SafeBoot\"

FileCopy,"%ScriptDir%\files\SafeBoot\txtsetup.oem","%TargetDir%\I386\system32\SafeBoot\"

FileCopy,"%ScriptDir%\files\SafeBoot.bmp","%TargetDir%\I386\system32\"

FileCopy,"%ScriptDir%\files\SbWinTech.exe","%TargetDir%\%WorkDir%\SafeBoot\"

FileCopy,"%ScriptDir%\files\SbXferDb.dll","%TargetDir%\%WorkDir%\SafeBoot\"

FileCopy,"%ScriptDir%\files\SbComms.dll","%TargetDir%\%WorkDir%\SafeBoot\"

FileCopy,"%ScriptDir%\files\SbUILib.dll","%TargetDir%\%WorkDir%\SafeBoot\"

FileCopy,"%ScriptDir%\files\SbDbMgr.dll","%TargetDir%\%WorkDir%\SafeBoot\"

FileCopy,"%ScriptDir%\files\SbErrors.xml","%TargetDir%\%WorkDir%\SafeBoot\"

FileCopy,"%ScriptDir%\files\SbAlgs\SbAlg.dll","%TargetDir%\%WorkDir%\SafeBoot\SbAlgs\"

FileCopy,"%ScriptDir%\files\SbTokens\SbTokenPwd.dll","%TargetDir%\%WorkDir%\SafeBoot\SbTokens\"

Echo,Loading default hive to HKLM\WB-DEFAULT

RegHiveLoad,"WB-DEFAULT","%TargetDir%\I386\system32\config\default"

Echo,Writing registry values (HKCU) Build[(None)]...

RegWrite,"HKLM",0x2,"WB-DEFAULT\Control#$sPanel\desktop","WallPaper","#$psystemroot#$p\system32\SafeBoot.bmp"

Echo,UnLoading default hive

RegHiveUnload,"WB-DEFAULT"

Echo,Loading SETUPREG.HIV hive to HKLM\WB-SYSTEM

RegHiveLoad,"WB-SYSTEM","%TargetDir%\I386\system32\SETUPREG.HIV"

Echo,Writing registry values (HKLM - System) Build[(None)]...

RegWrite,"HKLM",0x7,"WB-SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}","UpperFilters","PartMGR","SafeBoot"

RegWrite,"HKLM",0x4,"WB-SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SafeBoot","Type","1"

RegWrite,"HKLM",0x4,"WB-SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SafeBoot","Start","0"

RegWrite,"HKLM",0x4,"WB-SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SafeBoot","ErrorControl","3"

RegWrite,"HKLM",0x4,"WB-SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SBAlg","Type","1"

RegWrite,"HKLM",0x4,"WB-SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SBAlg","Start","0"

RegWrite,"HKLM",0x4,"WB-SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SBAlg","ErrorControl","3"

RegWrite,"HKLM",0x1,"WB-SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SBAlg","Group","Primary#$sDisk"

Echo,UnLoading SETUPREG.HIV hive

RegHiveUnload,"WB-SYSTEM"

Echo,Writing ini values Build[(None)]...

IniWrite,"%targetdir%\i386\txtsetup.sif","SetupData","loaderprompt","#$qStarting#$sBartPE#$swith#$sSafeBoot#$sSupport...#$q"

Echo,Merging ini files Build[(None)]...

IniMerge,"%targetdir%\i386\txtsetup.sif","sb_txtsetup.sif"

Any help is appreciated:

#4 m3fan

m3fan

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:27 PM

Any hints? Anybody?

#5 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:49 AM

Any hints? Anybody?

Sorry for slow response, I wanted to have a working script to offer but all attempts (so far) render fixed drives 'invisible' :cheers: - still woking on it...

#6 m3fan

m3fan

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:42 AM

Sorry for slow response, I wanted to have a working script to offer but all attempts (so far) render fixed drives 'invisible' :cheers: - still woking on it...

Thanks a lot, I felt I'm by myself here for a minute :cheers:. I've been trying things myself and found that there are few not needed lines in the script. I'm not sure what's this line for
IniRead,"%ProjectInfo%","TargetStrings","sProgram_Files","%WorkDir%"
so I took it off. I also fixed the syntax in the FileCopy part to go to the right folders. I also think this part is not needed
Echo,Loading default hive to HKLM\WB-DEFAULT

RegHiveLoad,"WB-DEFAULT","%TargetDir%\I386\system32\config\default"

Echo,Writing registry values (HKCU) Build[(None)]...

RegWrite,"HKLM",0x2,"WB-DEFAULT\Control#$sPanel\desktop","WallPaper","#$psystemroot#$p\system32\SafeBoot.bmp"

Echo,UnLoading default hive

RegHiveUnload,"WB-DEFAULT
In the BartPE plugin it just sets a SafeBoot wallpaper and i don't need that. I'm also not sure if this part is needed either
Echo,Writing ini values Build[(None)]...

IniWrite,"%targetdir%\i386\txtsetup.sif","SetupData","loaderprompt","#$qStarting#$sBartPE#$swith#$sSafeBoot#$sSupport...#$q"

Echo,Merging ini files Build[(None)]...

IniMerge,"%targetdir%\i386\txtsetup.sif","sb_txtsetup.sif"

So mainly I think I need to get the Reg keys in the following part to the right place and the right folders
Echo,Loading SETUPREG.HIV hive to HKLM\WB-SYSTEM

RegHiveLoad,"WB-SYSTEM","%TargetDir%\I386\system32\SETUPREG.HIV"

Echo,Writing registry values (HKLM - System) Build[(None)]...

RegWrite,"HKLM",0x7,"WB-SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}","UpperFilters","PartMGR","SafeBoot"

RegWrite,"HKLM",0x4,"WB-SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SafeBoot","Type","1"

RegWrite,"HKLM",0x4,"WB-SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SafeBoot","Start","0"

RegWrite,"HKLM",0x4,"WB-SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SafeBoot","ErrorControl","3"

RegWrite,"HKLM",0x4,"WB-SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SBAlg","Type","1"

RegWrite,"HKLM",0x4,"WB-SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SBAlg","Start","0"

RegWrite,"HKLM",0x4,"WB-SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SBAlg","ErrorControl","3"

RegWrite,"HKLM",0x1,"WB-SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SBAlg","Group","Primary#$sDisk"

Echo,UnLoading SETUPREG.HIV hive

RegHiveUnload,"WB-SYSTEM"
I'll post the BartPE plugin so you can have all files and I hope we'll get it to work.
Thanks again.

P.S. I tried to post the plugin but there is a limit of 1000K and the file is almost 3Mb.

#7 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:30 AM

Please try this and give me feedback, I don't have a Safeboot disk to test.
Attached File  Safeboot.7z   974bytes   1416 downloads

Put your 'files' folder created by H7 in the same folder as the script (this can be changed in the script interface if wanted).

#8 m3fan

m3fan

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:39 PM

That doesn't work un fortunately. I still says "Safeboot disk dryver not present". I got it to work that far too but still not loading the drivers. The program is there even though it's not creating a schortcut. I can manually launch SbWinTech.exe from Programs folder and it starts. Then I need to hit cancel and go to Options and select Authenticate from SBFS, that's when it needs to have the driver to unlock the HDD. Safeboot is full hard drive encryption and unless I can unlock it first, all the other tools and apps in the WinPE that I need to use won't work. Here is link where you can download the BartPE plugin and try it SafeBoot plugin. I have a working BartPE with Safeboot but I like VistaPE much better and it's easier (at least for me) to customize.

Another thought is can I load the driver manually after I'm booted to WinPE? I'll be using USB flash drive so I should be able to make changes after I'm booted from it if that's easier?

#9 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:13 PM

@m3fan

Cannot really say the actual reason, but would it be possible that something else (a .dll or a Registry entry) which is somehow "implied" in a BartPE build is actually missing in the "general" Winbuilder project you are using?

I would bet more on a missing link/path in the registry than an actually missing file, but you never know. :cheers:

Or there are (subtle) changes in the Vista (PE) Registry (even only at permission level) when compared to XP ones?

In other words, can you trace a "normal" Vista Registry before and after a "normal" Safeboot install and check if involved keys are the same as those in XP (replicated in the BartPE plugin)?

Can you also trace the processes with depends.exe, procmon or similar tools and see if anything is amissing?

jaclaz

#10 m3fan

m3fan

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:52 PM

@m3fan

Cannot really say the actual reason, but would it be possible that something else (a .dll or a Registry entry) which is somehow "implied" in a BartPE build is actually missing in the "general" Winbuilder project you are using?

I would bet more on a missing link/path in the registry than an actually missing file, but you never know. :cheers:

Or there are (subtle) changes in the Vista (PE) Registry (even only at permission level) when compared to XP ones?

In other words, can you trace a "normal" Vista Registry before and after a "normal" Safeboot install and check if involved keys are the same as those in XP (replicated in the BartPE plugin)?

Can you also trace the processes with depends.exe, procmon or similar tools and see if anything is amissing?

jaclaz

I used the plugin that I posted earlier and I was able to build BartPE and it is working fine. So all the files needed should be there. As far as registry keys, besides the ones listed in the .INF file I'm not aware of any other ones. I have the installer for SafeBoot client but the plugin uses SbWinTech to unlock the HDD when booting from the CD and it's used in case of OS problem to recover data. Do you think capturing install of Safeboot_client would show which keys are written?

P.S. I captured client install and here're the reg keys:

Attached Files

#11 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:01 PM

Well, as said, it's only a possible path to take if the thing does not work.

And still, you should first try the "converted into .script plugin" in a XP based Winbuilder project, like LiveXP or a NativeEx based one, in order to make sure that the problem is the actual .script conversion and not any difference in the source (Vista as opposed to XP/2003).

jaclaz

#12 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:21 PM

That doesn't work un fortunately. I still says "Safeboot disk dryver not present". I got it to work that far too but still not loading the drivers. The program is there even though it's not creating a schortcut. I can manually launch SbWinTech.exe from Programs folder and it starts. Then I need to hit cancel and go to Options and select Authenticate from SBFS, that's when it needs to have the driver to unlock the HDD. Safeboot is full hard drive encryption and unless I can unlock it first, all the other tools and apps in the WinPE that I need to use won't work. Here is link where you can download the BartPE plugin and try it SafeBoot plugin. I have a working BartPE with Safeboot but I like VistaPE much better and it's easier (at least for me) to customize.

Another thought is can I load the driver manually after I'm booted to WinPE? I'll be using USB flash drive so I should be able to make changes after I'm booted from it if that's easier?

All the files look to be in the right place; although the plugin creates a folder, sbReaders, with no file present. I don't think the upper filter is right in the registry but I'm unable to install the program on my host to check. Hopefully Galapo or someone with better knowledge about this can have a look. Good luck :cheers:

#13 MadMunky

MadMunky
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:00 AM

Any update on this as we use safeboot at work so would be ready handy for saving people data.

#14 madhopsman

madhopsman

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:02 PM

RegHiveLoad,"WB-SYSTEM","%target_sys%\SETUPREG.HIV"
reg_add,0x7,"WB-SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class","{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}","UpperFilters","PartMGR","SafeBoot"
reg_add,0x4,"WB-SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SafeBoot","Type","1"
reg_add,0x4,"WB-SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SafeBoot","Start","0"
reg_add,0x4,"WB-SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SafeBoot","ErrorControl","3"
reg_add,0x4,"WB-SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SBAlg","Type","1"
reg_add,0x4,"WB-SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SBAlg","Start","0"
reg_add,0x4,"WB-SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SBAlg","ErrorControl","3"
reg_add,0x1,"WB-SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SBAlg","Group","Primary#$sDisk"

Where is the value that states the path to the sys file for the service? (i.e. ImagePath=\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\SafeBoot.sys)

Also, "RegHiveLoad,"WB-SYSTEM","%target_sys%\SETUPREG.HIV" ....where is that file? I don't think it exist in Vistape, i think you need "%target_sys%\config\SYSTEM" or %RegSystem%

#15 jjpotter

jjpotter
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:27 PM

Any luck with this? I am going to start trying to get this working as well. Any progress on this?

#16 pengyimin

pengyimin

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:38 AM

I also encountered the same problem. After adding the files to folders and registry keys in winbuilder based on the BartPE plugin, the VistaPE image cannot descrypt the encryped drive and give a error message:

0xe0020018 "EndPoint Encryption disk driver not present"

Does anyone have the correct script to add McAfee Endpoint support to VistaPE?

#17 m3fan

m3fan

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:57 AM

Has anyone had any success with this? I am still using the old plugin that works with XP but not Win7 builder.

Thanks.

#18 m3fan

m3fan

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:21 AM

Has anyone had any success with this? I am still using the old plugin that works with XP but not Win7 builder.

Thanks.

I finally got it to work under Win7PE x86. If anyone has questions, please let me know. Here is the script:

[Main]

Title=SafeBoot

Description=SafebootRecovery

Selected=True

Level=5

Version=001

Author=BmW-MaN

Date=04.04.2011

Info=

[Variables]

%ProgramFolder%=safeboot

%ProgramEXE%=SbWinTech.exe

%ProgramTitle%=SafeBoot

[Process]

Echo,Processing %ProgramTitle%...

StrFormat,filename,%Scriptdir%,%scriptfolder%

RunFromRam,%pCheckBoxRunRam%

CopyProgram,%ScriptDir%\safeboot\Programfiles

//

//Add_Shortcut,[Type],[Folder],[FullFileName],[Title],[Work Folder],[Parameters],[IconFile( .ico .exe)],[StartMode(1, 2, 3, or 4)]

If,%pCheckBoxStartMenu%,Equal,True,Add_Shortcut,StartMenu,%pTextBoxStartFolder%,%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\%ProgramEXE%,%pTextBoxStartTitel%

If,%pCheckBoxDesktop%,Equal,True,Add_Shortcut,Desktop,,%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\%ProgramEXE%,%pTextBoxStartTitel%

If,%pCheckBoxQuickL%,Equal,True,Add_Shortcut,QuickLaunch,,%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\%ProgramEXE%,%pTextBoxStartTitel%

//

FileCopy,"%ScriptDir%\safeboot\System32\*.*","%TargetDir%\Windows\System32"

Hive_Load,System

reg_add,0x7,"%reg%\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}","UpperFilters","PartMGR","SafeBoot"

reg_add,0x4,"%reg%\ControlSet001\Services\SafeBoot","Type","1"

reg_add,0x4,"%reg%\ControlSet001\Services\SafeBoot","Start","0"

reg_add,0x4,"%reg%\ControlSet001\Services\SafeBoot","ErrorControl","3"

reg_add,0x4,"%reg%\ControlSet001\Services\SBAlg","Type","1"

reg_add,0x4,"%reg%\ControlSet001\Services\SBAlg","Start","0"

reg_add,0x4,"%reg%\ControlSet001\Services\SBAlg","ErrorControl","3"

reg_add,0x1,"%reg%\ControlSet001\Services\SBAlg","Group","Primary Disk"

Hive_Unload,System

[Interface]

pBevelShortcuts=pBevel1,1,12,6,6,395,170

pTextBoxStartTitel="Name for Shortcuts:",1,0,20,40,200,18,%ProgramTitle%

pTextBoxStartFolder="Start Menu folder:",1,0,20,90,200,21,%scriptfolder%

pTextLabeShortcutsTo="Add shortcuts to:",1,1,260,20,135,20,8,Normal

pCheckBoxStartMenu="Start Menu",1,3,260,50,200,20,True

pCheckBoxDesktop=Desktop,1,3,260,70,200,20,True

pCheckBoxQuickL="QuickLaunch",1,3,260,90,200,20,False

pCheckBoxRunRam="Run from ram (boot.wim)",1,3,20,141,183,18,True

#19 saranrajappa

saranrajappa
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:07 PM

Hi,
Could you please share the steps?
TIA

I finally got it to work under Win7PE x86. If anyone has questions, please let me know. Here is the script:

[Main]

Title=SafeBoot

Description=SafebootRecovery

Selected=True

Level=5

Version=001

Author=BmW-MaN

Date=04.04.2011

Info=

[Variables]

%ProgramFolder%=safeboot

%ProgramEXE%=SbWinTech.exe

%ProgramTitle%=SafeBoot

[Process]

Echo,Processing %ProgramTitle%...

StrFormat,filename,%Scriptdir%,%scriptfolder%

RunFromRam,%pCheckBoxRunRam%

//

//Add_Shortcut,[Type],[Folder],[FullFileName],[Title],[Work Folder],[Parameters],[IconFile( .ico .exe)],[StartMode(1, 2, 3, or 4)]

If,%pCheckBoxStartMenu%,Equal,True,Add_Shortcut,StartMenu,%pTextBoxStartFolder%,%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\%ProgramEXE%,%pTextBoxStartTitel%

If,%pCheckBoxDesktop%,Equal,True,Add_Shortcut,Desktop,,%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\%ProgramEXE%,%pTextBoxStartTitel%

If,%pCheckBoxQuickL%,Equal,True,Add_Shortcut,QuickLaunch,,%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\%ProgramEXE%,%pTextBoxStartTitel%

//

FileCopy,"%ScriptDir%\safeboot\System32\*.*","%TargetDir%\Windows\System32"

Hive_Load,System

reg_add,0x7,"%reg%\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}","UpperFilters","PartMGR","SafeBoot"

reg_add,0x4,"%reg%\ControlSet001\Services\SafeBoot","Type","1"

reg_add,0x4,"%reg%\ControlSet001\Services\SafeBoot","Start","0"

reg_add,0x4,"%reg%\ControlSet001\Services\SafeBoot","ErrorControl","3"

reg_add,0x4,"%reg%\ControlSet001\Services\SBAlg","Type","1"

reg_add,0x4,"%reg%\ControlSet001\Services\SBAlg","Start","0"

reg_add,0x4,"%reg%\ControlSet001\Services\SBAlg","ErrorControl","3"

reg_add,0x1,"%reg%\ControlSet001\Services\SBAlg","Group","Primary Disk"

Hive_Unload,System

[Interface]

pBevelShortcuts=pBevel1,1,12,6,6,395,170

pTextBoxStartTitel="Name for Shortcuts:",1,0,20,40,200,18,%ProgramTitle%

pTextBoxStartFolder="Start Menu folder:",1,0,20,90,200,21,%scriptfolder%

pTextLabeShortcutsTo="Add shortcuts to:",1,1,260,20,135,20,8,Normal

pCheckBoxStartMenu="Start Menu",1,3,260,50,200,20,True

pCheckBoxDesktop=Desktop,1,3,260,70,200,20,True

pCheckBoxQuickL="QuickLaunch",1,3,260,90,200,20,False

pCheckBoxRunRam="Run from ram (boot.wim)",1,3,20,141,183,18,True

#20 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:58 PM

Hi,
Could you please share the steps?
TIA

Not sure what you mean...The script is used inside WinBuilder, similar to a BartPE script. This script ASSUMES that the files are located in the same genral location as the script...

i.e. in the same folder as the script is located, but in a subfolder named safeboot\Programfiles. My guess is that if you do that, this script will add the right things to the registry, and copy the files.

Note: CopyProgram is part of the API, and is documented in the on line help files - so just be sure that the WB project is using the API

#21 findmefollowme

findmefollowme
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Singapore

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:22 PM

Hi,

I am having the same problem too. But I do not use winbuilder to setup my PE.
Hence are you able to provide in registry key forms?

eg..[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\safeboot\ControlSet001\Services\SafeBoot]
"Type"=dword:00000001
"Start"=dword:00000000
"ErrorControl"=dword:00000003

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\safeboot\ControlSet001\Services\SBAlg]
"Type"=dword:00000001
"Start"=dword:00000000
"ErrorControl"=dword:00000003
"Group"="Primary Disk"

TIA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users