#1 doveman

doveman

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 449 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

I've got a Win7 x32 Portable (2GB I think) VHD on my brother's PC, to use for emergencies (like the one I'm currently having http://reboot.pro/to...indows-updates/ ). It was set to boot using --mem in grub4dos, so obviously we couldn't make any permanent changes.

Due to the issues with his normal boot, I had to get him to install Teamviewer in the VHD so that I could try and fix things, so I decided to remove the --mem so that the install would "stick" and I could add a shortcut to it and Iron Portable (in D:\Portable Apps\) to the desktop, so at least he can check his e-mail whilst I try and fix the problem. However, it now throws up errors whenever trying to install anything and it seems it's decided we don't have permission to write anything to C: as I can't even make any shortcuts.

I've managed to install TeamViewer Portable to D:\Portable Apps for now (even that threw up some errors about some files, so I guess it was trying to write some temp files to C: or something), so at least we won't have to reinstall it every boot but still I'd like to be able to create some desktop shortcuts for him and I don't understand why I can't write to C: anyway, so if anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users